Drafting a Linebacker... yes, but which kind? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting a Linebacker... yes, but which kind?

To’o To’o isn’t physical enough for my liking and Sirvocea Dennis doesn’t have the range I’m looking for. Dennis is a good blitzer though.
Dennis might be a fit in a Fangio style system, much like the argument for Campbell... he'll be a cheap alternative, just like St. Brown was a cheap alternative to Waddle. Same type of player, lower cost.

I doubt Henry To'oTo'o (Alabama) will be there when we pick and we really ought to use that first pick on our new right tackle in any case ;)

Daiyan Henley, Washington State - very active guy with some nice playmaking ability.

Noah Sewell, Oregon - I think this guy drops farther than many think. At 250 pounds or more, he had better have a great combine.

I doubt Henry To'oTo'o (Alabama) will be there when we pick and we really ought to use that first pick on our new right tackle in any case ;)

Daiyan Henley, Washington State - very active guy with some nice playmaking ability.

Noah Sewell, Oregon - I think this guy drops farther than many think. At 250 pounds or more, he had better have a great combine.
I tend to agree with you about Sewell; I see him as a SSLB without elite pass rushing ability, and this position has been grossly devalued in the past decade or so.
It's why Van Ginkle is an exciting player, but one who lacks a position.

Sewell might make it as a MIKE, but I think Campbell is a safer bet there.

One guy that no one has really mentioned is Sirvocea Dennis.

If you are looking for a high production/team leader type of guy who might not have elite measurables, but... as a value pick who could surprise, I think he's your guy.

He could, and has, played both wslb and MLB (three year starter) and is a very (maybe over) aggressive type of LB. He has Roberts' size, but should test a bit faster.

I'd spend an interview on this guy and see how smart he is before I'd draft him... but he's a good third day candidate.
Dennis is an interesting prospect.

PFF has him as a7th ruonder(ranked 223 overall)but rated him their #7 LB for his play this year at Pitt.

Obviously they don't like his measurables/traits.

Dennis is an interesting prospect.

PFF has him as a7th ruonder(ranked 223 overall)but rated him their #7 LB for his play this year at Pitt.

Obviously they don't like his measurables/traits.
Yeah, guys without the measurables always slide, but he's almost the identical size of Elandon Roberts who has had an okay career.
On the third day of the draft, he'd be a reasonable stab based upon three solid years of production at a decent school.
I wouldn't run to the podium for him, but I'd have him on my list considering that we'll have to bring in at least 4 or 5 more LBs to camp.

I think we'll probably sign several UDFA types after the draft this year. We've been getting by on fumes.

I will ask any of you experts...if we draft a LB.....if that is the right one..... as I do not know anything when it comes to this position other than I too want a Micah Parsons, or Zach Thomas in his prime or Patrick Willis type LB.....and I do know enough to know those other two are not like Zach.....so which do we need?

ILBs: Athletic, 6-0 to 6-3, 233 to 240 lbs.
OLBs: Traditional 3-4 type, like TJ Watt, Von Miller, Khalil Mack. 6-3 250ish. Maybe 6-6 240 Leonard Floyd type, speed rusher.

Give me Drew Sanders he played edge at Alabama then moved to Mike at Arkansas.

Did I just read a scouting report on Brian urlacher??

I don’t know the guy much but he sounds like just what our defense needs.

Drew Sanders is no Brian Urlacher!:bnkr:
First of all, he played SAM at Arkansas. Bumper Pool played MIKE. Second, he is not as big or as fast as Urlacher. Finally, he transferred because he wanted to play more. Hall of Famer Urlacher would not have had that problem at Alabama or anywhere else.

Pump the brakes!

Back
Top Bottom