Drafting a Linebacker... yes, but which kind? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting a Linebacker... yes, but which kind?

My targets would be Dorian Williams from Tulane and Daiyan Henley from Washington State. These two guys are good tacklers and they have a mean streak. I am not sure how good they are in coverage, but they have excellent speed. I have Henley in the top 100 and Williams in the top 125.

I like Dorian Williams.

Drew Sanders is no Brian Urlacher!:bnkr:
First of all, he played SAM at Arkansas. Bumper Pool played MIKE. Second, he is not as big or as fast as Urlacher. Finally, he transferred because he wanted to play more. Hall of Famer Urlacher would not have had that problem at Alabama or anywhere else.

Pump the brakes!
Well, obviously not, but that is a pretty glowing scouting report on him

I'm retired and bored most of the time.

It's below zero here and unless I go ice fishing, there aint much goin' on.
I’m retired also Brother. I will never let boredom in. I have to be doing something all the time. I am either working out, cleaning house, cleaning guns, hunting, fishing, playing golf, reading a book, amongst a bevy of hobbies. I am the definition of Jack of all trades, master of none 😉

I’m retired also Brother. I will never let boredom in. I have to be doing something all the time. I am either working out, cleaning house, cleaning guns, hunting, fishing, playing golf, reading a book, amongst a bevy of hobbies. I am the definition of Jack of all trades, master of none 😉
I live in Minnesota, so the winter tends to drive me a bit crazy. I cant get back to my garden and garage until the snow melts.
I'm writing again... finally, but I am a bit stir crazy now.

It's a hard position to fit in when I've done a few mock draft simulations. There's always a better player available unless I reach.

But have to think Miami takes one within the first three rounds. Like many of us, I think a trade down for more picks might be advantageous.

That's who came to mind for me. After reading a post about Fangio's defensive philosophy, Campbell seems perfect in that he wouldn't cover, or carry a receiver down the field. He'd essentially cover short, where he's decent and instinctive.

He's been moving up in the mocks I'm seeing. Sometimes in that Miami range, but often a little earlier.
Gotta make sure Jack really has the instincts, I’m really trying to figure that out atm..

Also keep hearing great things about the pace kid from Cincy, smaller but instinctual

Awaiting to hear more

I do like Campbell
I means this to me looks like it’s gonna be a best of two position race at #52 when we pick

Jack Campbell or best tight end on the board..whoever’s higher may win.

Jack imo has very nice zone spatial awareness, doesn’t fall for misdirection, but has the agility to redirect if he does in a quick fashion, I really like the agility he shows with his feet when he’s dropping in coverage and flipping his hips to cloud lanes, he’s really good at it..some hi level stuff in there for a man that tall at 6’5, 5 ints in his career is no joke, he may not be that fast but he’s a good all around movement athlete, with hops too, can easily dunk a basketball.

We’ll see how he runs, if it’s in the late 4.7- 4.8 range he may drop til the third..

If he’s in the 4.6 range prolly 2nd rounder.

Back
Top Bottom