Drafting The “patriot Way” | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drafting The “patriot Way”

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
“The Dolphins are already in the process of determining which players don’t fit what incoming coach Brian Flores wants to do. And through key meetings in Davie, they’re also clearly defining the prototypes of the players they want to add through the draft and, less significantly, free agency.

Miami is going to rebuild its franchise through the draft. And to do that, they’ll need more drafts like 2016, when general manager Chris Grier correctly selected Laremy Tunsil, Xavien Howard, Kenyan Drake and Jakeem Grant.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...hat-clues-can-patriots-draft-strategy-provide

Get ready for a defensive overhaul.

If we're ever offered the trade mentioned in this article, I'd snap that team's hand off immediately! Who wouldn't trade this year's 3rd for a 4th this year and both an 2nd and 3rd next year?!?!?!!? Nobody is offering us that.

I've always like the idea of trading down but BB and the pats didn't invent it. Jimmy Johnson used to move back all the time too. Funny how JJ and BB are very close friends and have been boating together down in the keys. Anyway, trading players for picks before is too late is something the pats do all the time. While here on this site we got people telling us how Wake needs to end up his career as a Dolphins(and never winning anything) you have the pats trading older vets for picks or letting them go into free agency and gaining picks all the time. That's how you build your team and keep adding to it every year.

If we're ever offered the trade mentioned in this article, I'd snap that team's hand off immediately! Who wouldn't trade this year's 3rd for a 4th this year and both an 2nd and 3rd next year?!?!?!!? Nobody is offering us that.
I don't think that was the suggested trade. I believe it was trading our 3rd this year for a 2nd next year and trading a 4th this year for a 3rd next year.

Pretty sure it was written by the same person that about 2 months ago wrote the article saying the Dolphins were blessed to have Ryan Tannehill's contract.

I don't think that was the suggested trade. I believe it was trading our 3rd this year for a 2nd next year and trading a 4th this year for a 3rd next year.
Ahh, must have misread that. That makes a lot more sense.

This is observing from the surface here. But I don't recall the Patriots, even with all those picks, having that much success.

Hell, if the eyeball test is correct then they miss more than they actually strike on.

Their gift has always seemed to be acquiring talent from other teams/FA and getting the most out of them.

What's the over/under on number of bullshit articles claiming that T** P****** W** is coming to Miami? Presumably delivered by a magic truck driven by the Easter Bunny and powered by unicorn tears and rainbow dust.

BB would not be, and has demonstrated that he isn't, that much of a genius when Brady isn't his QB. Just saying, aside from Brady and Gronk, I don't see where Cheats have ever overwhelmed with talent.

The Patriot way.

8de6a1b90d0eee1d1f44baaee6843c0683d10db250023128fabe3126e80426d7.jpg

All any coach has ever needed to do in Miami is exorcise the dark spirit of the oline.

This is observing from the surface here. But I don't recall the Patriots, even with all those picks, having that much success.

Hell, if the eyeball test is correct then they miss more than they actually strike on.

Their gift has always seemed to be acquiring talent from other teams/FA and getting the most out of them.
One thing the Patriots love to do is trade into the future to acquire more picks, then spend lots of picks on the OL, and while their success rate may not be exceptional, they get more volume through and find guys to make their OL work.

How much of the Patriot way actually Brady and BB?
Honestly- the schemes are f’n brilliant. BB has been taking away the opponent’s OFF bread and butter for years. Who didn’t think they were taking away Gurley Runs and Cooks?

Outside of HOF HC QB and TE, the rosters aren’t that far apart. The problem is those guys- the HC QB TR- they may be the best ever at their respective positions.

“The Dolphins are already in the process of determining which players don’t fit what incoming coach Brian Flores wants to do. And through key meetings in Davie, they’re also clearly defining the prototypes of the players they want to add through the draft and, less significantly, free agency.

Miami is going to rebuild its franchise through the draft. And to do that, they’ll need more drafts like 2016, when general manager Chris Grier correctly selected Laremy Tunsil, Xavien Howard, Kenyan Drake and Jakeem Grant.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...hat-clues-can-patriots-draft-strategy-provide

Get ready for a defensive overhaul.

I still just don't know how much credit goes to who in that hodgepodge of a front office we had the last few years, but gotta admit that was a pretty impressive draft.

One thing the Patriots love to do is trade into the future to acquire more picks, then spend lots of picks on the OL, and while their success rate may not be exceptional, they get more volume through and find guys to make their OL work.

And that's something they can afford to do because of #12 at the QB position. He masks a lot offensively. All of a sudden, you don't need to take a chance on the best offensive skillset position player. Because #12 can make up that difference for an average(statistically more likely to draft) skillset player.

Heck, it even has a dual effect on the defensive side of the football. Specifically, it puts more pressure on that teams offense to keep up in scoring. Which plays right into the Patriots defenses hand.

In the Super Bowl as soon as NE scored you could see the pressure level blow a gasket for the Rams offense. Now they had to force things and you knew they were as likely to turn the ball over or score.

Back
Top Bottom