Drake | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drake

dade

Active Roster
Reaction score

I'm expecting drake to be mentioned in the top 8 RBS this year, he is electric with the ball in his hands with great play speed. Behind a crappy online he was balling. He also does a great job catching the ball, he is very physical and doesn't shy away from contact at ALL.

The way he stops on a dime and is able to spin and out run everyone. I didnt even realize he was 6'1 215 lbswhy on earth are people pretending like he is small?? I read recently that he's up to a solid 220, I just want to wish the league a good luck.

If James stays healthy at rt, and Josh plays like his dominant self Lg, with tunsil playing like the way he played at guard at Lt, I pray they play Jesse Davis at RG, he reminds me of Joel Bitonio from the browns, a big athletic mauler. Drake legitimately has a chance to finish in top 5 in yards from scrimmage, like a david Johnson, laveon bell, Kamara, to name a few.

This offensive is the fastest I've ever seen and not only that, they are all good hard working coaches players. Come in learn the playbook and follow instructions, if you want to win and get better, that's the culture change. Drake runs a 4.38, Albert Wilson 4.32, stills, 4.35, parker 4.45, gieski 4.5, Ryan 4.6, ballage 4.45.:sneaky I cant wait to see ballage in the wild cat throwing a deep pass to Ryan, that would be so cool. This offense is going to be fun to watch.
:writing

Last edited:
I agree. I just rewatched the Fins/Patriots game on Monday Night Football from last year when Drake had a phenomenal game and beat Pats 27-20. Xman Howard had 2 INTs on Brady and the whole defense was ballin. Fun to watch. I dont know why the Fins could not play as well as that the entire year, but it certainly shows their potential when they are healthy and have speed. I think they will only improve with RT coming back and having an improved OLine. Fins up!

I agree. I just rewatched the Fins/Patriots game on Monday Night Football from last year when Drake had a phenomenal game and beat Pats 27-20. Xman Howard had 2 INTs on Brady and the whole defense was ballin. Fun to watch. I dont know why the Fins could not play as well as that the entire year, but it certainly shows their potential when they are healthy and have speed. I think they will only improve with RT coming back and having an improved OLine. Fins up!
Right on G, with Ryan back and a better online, with a God fearing TE omg. He has never had a seam busting TE that can blow past the lbs and safties with 1 sec of the ball being snapped. And no one will miss Landry, he doesn't make big plays just clutch catches that go no where ( great player while here) but I'm not paying a slot 13 million a year, when lbert Wilson does the same thing and he's just as fiesty and is faster.

Albert Wilson and gieski will account for all of Landry 100 catches and a whole lot more
If gieski finished with 70 catches and 800 yards I would not be the least surprised. Landrys 100 catches produces just a couple TDs a year cause he cant out run anyone or out leap them and that's just the truth. Gieski is a 6'6 red zone God and Wilson is a 4.3 guy who jumps out the gym also and had good has. Great decision by the front office, our office is twice is better now today than this season past fellas.

I have a strange feeling this year is when Brady really starts to decline, he's not immune to declining

I'm expecting drake to be mentioned in the top 8 RBS this year, he is electric with the ball in his hands with great play speed. Behind a crappy online he was balling. He also does a great job catching the ball, he is very physical and doesn't shy away from contact at ALL.

The way he stops on a dime and is able to spin and out run everyone. I didnt even realize he was 6'1 215 lbswhy on earth are people pretending like he is small?? I read recently that he's up to a solid 220, I just want to wish the league a good luck.

If James stays healthy at rt, and Josh plays like his dominant self Lg, with tunsil playing like the way he played at guard at Lt, I pray they play Jesse Davis at RG, he reminds me of Joel Bitonio from the browns, a big athletic mauler. Drake legitimately has a chance to finish in top 5 in yards from scrimmage, like a david Johnson, laveon bell, Kamara, to name a few.

This offensive is the fastest I've ever seen and not only that, they are all good hard working coaches players. Come in learn the playbook and follow instructions, if you want to win and get better, that's the culture change. Drake runs a 4.38, Albert Wilson 4.32, stills, 4.35, parker 4.45, gieski 4.5, Ryan 4.6, ballage 4.45.:sneaky I cant wait to see ballage in the wild cat throwing a deep pass to Ryan, that would be so cool. This offense is going to be fun to watch.
:writing

And Grant at 4.2

DeVante could be top notch sick. Please get your **** together and be committed. The offense could be stratospheric with a dedicated and healthy DeVante Parker.

Right on G, with Ryan back and a better online, with a God fearing TE omg. He has never had a seam busting TE that can blow past the lbs and safties with 1 sec of the ball being snapped. And no one will miss Landry, he doesn't make big plays just clutch catches that go no where ( great player while here) but I'm not paying a slot 13 million a year, when lbert Wilson does the same thing and he's just as fiesty and is faster.

Albert Wilson and gieski will account for all of Landry 100 catches and a whole lot more
If gieski finished with 70 catches and 800 yards I would not be the least surprised. Landrys 100 catches produces just a couple TDs a year cause he cant out run anyone or out leap them and that's just the truth. Gieski is a 6'6 red zone God and Wilson is a 4.3 guy who jumps out the gym also and had good has. Great decision by the front office, our office is twice is better now today than this season past fellas.

I have a strange feeling this year is when Brady really starts to decline, he's not immune to declining

Don't overlook Amandola who's been known to make a big play or 2 himself

you mention drake being mentioned as a top 8 RB. I think he'd need to put up top 3 stats just to get top 8 ranking my the league and sports writers. It seems like when I read up on most of the draft reports after we drafted ballage everyone kept mentioning how good up a fit he would be with gore. it seemed like about 50% + that wrote on us didn't even acknowledge Drake, it was only Gore. Even though he finished the season lights out as one of the tops in the league there is what seems like zero recognition around the league for his name. I still have people who talk crap to me about us trading ajayi, and im like "you didn't see his replacement!!???"

you mention drake being mentioned as a top 8 RB. I think he'd need to put up top 3 stats just to get top 8 ranking my the league and sports writers. It seems like when I read up on most of the draft reports after we drafted ballage everyone kept mentioning how good up a fit he would be with gore. it seemed like about 50% + that wrote on us didn't even acknowledge Drake, it was only Gore. Even though he finished the season lights out as one of the tops in the league there is what seems like zero recognition around the league for his name. I still have people who talk crap to me about us trading ajayi, and im like "you didn't see his replacement!!???"
Sports writers are who they are, they gobble on the jocks of perennial "has beens" pro bowlers. The writers are always a year or two late to acknowledge the younger players coming up, look how how long it took r.jones to garner national attention. After 2015 they couldn't deny it anymore, he finished top 5. But as far as gore goes, I think he's here for added depth, not saying he wont get used. The theme I've noticed is building depth all across the field. We are deep at every position now, not just trash players, real contributors who can be the next man up I've never witnessed that before

I'll tell you this, all drake needs to do is keep making highlight reel plays out the back field and they'll start talking about him. Adam gase is presisent at getting his players in the best position and make plays to win and he used drake as a weapon, not just a rb which I loved. Drake has a opportunity to shine in this offense, he gave us half a season worth and it looked better than any rb we have had since Ricky Williams.

Don't overlook Amandola who's been known to make a big play or 2 himself
I like him to, clutch hard working receiver, studies and is professional. He was a great depth signing to make us deeper at WR, not saying he wont be out there running underneath stuff and making people miss#culturechange

Sports writers are who they are, they gobble on the jocks of perennial "has beens" pro bowlers. The writers are always a year or two late to acknowledge the younger players coming up, look how how long it took r.jones to garner national attention. After 2015 they couldn't deny it anymore, he finished top 5. But as far as gore goes, I think he's here for added depth, not saying he wont get used. The theme I've noticed is building depth all across the field. We are deep at every position now, not just trash players, real contributors who can be the next man up I've never witnessed that before

I'll tell you this, all drake needs to do is keep making highlight reel plays out the back field and they'll start talking about him. Adam gase is presisent at getting his players in the best position and make plays to win and he used drake as a weapon, not just a rb which I loved. Drake has a opportunity to shine in this offense, he gave us half a season worth and it looked better than any rb we have had since Ricky Williams.

barring injury I really think gores carries might only be a fraction less than Drakes. that being said i reaaly love drake and think he can be top 3 in the league. all I was referencing and you mentioned it, but unless they are a high pick, or were a past probowler, youre not going to be considering top whatever at a position in the journalistic world unless you are ALL world. David Johnson, Saquan, and Drake all have identical seasons. in the sports word its not gonna be like "pick who you think the top is, it could be anyone of these guys" its gonna be like "Barkley is the top in the league, followed by Johnson, and then Drake is third best"

barring injury I really think gores carries might only be a fraction less than Drakes. that being said i reaaly love drake and think he can be top 3 in the league. all I was referencing and you mentioned it, but unless they are a high pick, or were a past probowler, youre not going to be considering top whatever at a position in the journalistic world unless you are ALL world. David Johnson, Saquan, and Drake all have identical seasons. in the sports word its not gonna be like "pick who you think the top is, it could be anyone of these guys" its gonna be like "Barkley is the top in the league, followed by Johnson, and then Drake is third best"

I think Gase has said in the past that he prefers using multiple backs. If that's what he wants then I suspect Drake and Gore could form a one-day punch that might have like a 60-40 kinda split in carries. Unless of course Drake starts hot and Gase decides to ride with him and give him 20 carries a game, but if he wants multiple backs a committee approach is likely.

^ ^ ^ ^ yeah that's what I was hinting at. I'd love to see drake as more of a workhorse getting 65/70 percent of snaps, but Its more the power backs that always seem to need more carries to beat down the D and gain steam towards the end

Really looking forward to seeing Drake have a full season, looks to have so much about him. Was a frustrating period last season, first getting rid of Ajayi and then giving Williams most of the carries over Kenyan, he waited for his turn tho then made the most of it.
Very happy with the RB situation at the moment, one of the strengths of the team, hopefully the new look OL will give them a bit more help as well

See no reason that Drake won't have a 'full' season ... but equally, don't see him getting 20+ touches a game either. It's good, should keep him fresh.

If you add in Gore at 10+ touches a game, and Ballage on some 3rd downs and in some WR packages .... things will get spread around - just like they will amongst the WRs. Again, this is all good ...

Drake was a wonderful surprise for this team, but I find myself holding my breath everytime he gets tackle. Can Drake take us through an entire season as the featured back and remain healthy? Let's just say I am happy Gore is on board to share carries with him.

Back
Top Bottom