Dream 4 Round Mock Draft From Draft Wire (usa Today) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dream 4 Round Mock Draft From Draft Wire (usa Today)

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019...ne-haskins-daniel-jones-drew-lock-will-grier/

13 - Ed Oliver - DL (Houston)
48 - Chase Winovich - Edge (Michigan)
78 - Max Scharping - OT (Northern Illinois)
116 - Ben Powers - OG (Oklahoma)

I mean pretty damn perfect if we stood pat. Love the first 2 picks, and although I know less about the next 2, I think back to back OL is pretty smart right here, build the foundation for 2020.

The one complaint I see would be Kyler Murray dropped to 5th in this mock and Washington traded up 10 spots and got him. They project giving up the 1, 2 and 3 in 2019 and the 1 in 2020. Big price but not unreasonable if Kyler Murray is your must have.

But if we are in on 2020, this is a great 2019 draft.

Ben Powers showed very well during Senior Bowl week. He was an immovable force during drills. Chase Winovich is a prototypical Patriots type player. He can play OLB and as a Down Lineman off the edge. He's a chess piece. If Oliver is as athletic as he seems, he's another guy, you can move around along the front 7. Fantastic draft. Ideal if you think about it.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019...ne-haskins-daniel-jones-drew-lock-will-grier/

I mean pretty damn perfect if we stood pat. Love the first 2 picks, and although I know less about the next 2, I think back to back OL is pretty smart right here, build the foundation for 2020.

The one complaint I see would be Kyler Murray dropped to 5th in this mock and Washington traded up 10 spots and got him. They project giving up the 1, 2 and 3 in 2019 and the 1 in 2020. Big price but not unreasonable if Kyler Murray is your must have.

That’s a dream scenario.

I like Winovich but at 48 it seems a little early. I like Oliver and the RT too.

No QB? Im still hoping we land Haskins.

Round 1 any of the DTs there will be just fine. We will have a nice option since there should likely be a run of Edge Rushers, OTs , Devin Smith, and QBs.

Would not be surprised if we take Devin Bush LB if we cant trade down, assuming we dont take a QB. Would be a nice group for a 3-4 Def. Patriots defense is always predicated on great LB and Secondary play. Dline just needs to do thier job (set the egdge) and just hold at point of contact.

Last edited:

Seems fine...I know I am higher on Eric McCoy then most, but being able to get him round 2 would be a steal imo. I like him way more then Winovich.

Round 3 I would prefer Tytus Howard or Oshane Ximines

and Round 4...I'd stick with Powers.

Hell, you could end up with Ed Oliver and a starting Center and the right side of the o-line.

Again, there are just my personal preference.

Love the first pick. Second pick might be hard to find snaps for schematically. 3rd pick might make a long term starting right tackle.

Back
Top Bottom