Drew Lock Meets With Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Lock Meets With Dolphins

Right -- no one has the release of Marino -- but Lock (in term of quickness) seems OK by me.

His release point tends to be lower than ideal -- and he's not consistent -- which he somewhat justifies

as modeling his game after Rogers... That said. I don't see a "problem" with Lock's release point

nor basic mechanics. The ball comes out well and his accuracy has been improving.

It would be really interesting if he's on the board when we pick! Because if we're not

into him you would tend to believe some team might want him enough to trade up...

But ya know -- that would be a VERY ballsy move by Grier -- because if Lock produces and

becomes one of "those guys," he'd be stuck with passing on the QB we've needed for so long!

Agree, but I see almost no chance he's there. Not that, under the standard draft he might be there, but as he would drop to, say, #8, a lot of teams will be moving up, . . . or trying to. No one should underestimate what desperate teams will do to get a QB.

I'm off the Drew Lock bandwagon. He is borderline. I'm giving him the benefit of doubt, and he just wants to fk around. He is like a five year old, he just wants to play in a sandlot. That's what I'm getting from these interviews, He is not focused. Fk! I don't like it!

This assessment isn’t holy.

If Denver doesn't take Drew Lock at #10, Cincinnati may take him at #12. Then there is Washington who may look to trade up above Cincinnati and Miami to select Lock. Just something to keep an eye on. We all know the teams looking at QB's.

and still no love for my favorite guy Daniel Jones lol. He's got the size, the arm, the stats, and was surrounded by nothing at Duke and still put up good numbers. Just IMO though :D

He does not have the arm. He is Ryan Tannehill without the arm talent. He may go early because teams are always desperate for qbs, but he really shouldn’t be drafted until the 3rd or later. He not good at the things qbs need to do.

I don’t like Lock either. Sub 60% passer for his career is a no go. NFL requires you to be accurate.

and still no love for my favorite guy Daniel Jones lol. He's got the size, the arm, the stats, and was surrounded by nothing at Duke and still put up good numbers. Just IMO though :D

He's my boy too, but the lack of elite talent scares people away.

I hope it scares enough GM's away for us to trade back into the end of round 1 and steal him, but unfortunately I doubt he slides that far.

He does not have the arm. He is Ryan Tannehill without the arm talent. He may go early because teams are always desperate for qbs, but he really should. It be drafted until the 3rd or later.

I don’t like Lock either. Sub 60% passer for his career is a no go. NFL requires you to be accurate.

Jones doesn't have that weak of an arm, sure it's not elite, but with his size and athleticism he can overcome it.

Pennington had a weaker arm and wasn't as big or fast, times have changed but if Penny could do it so can Jones.

With our Duke like offensive line, he would be a perfect fit here because like RT he can take a beating and get back up.

I recognize the lack of elite talent and admit he would be a bit of a reach at 13 (as would Lock from what I've read) but IF he slips towards the end of round 1 things could get real interesting...

He does not have the arm. He is Ryan Tannehill without the arm talent. He may go early because teams are always desperate for qbs, but he really shouldn’t be drafted until the 3rd or later. He not good at the things qbs need to do.

Sub par talent around him, in a good conference and a down the field passing attack. over 60% last two seasons...his accuracy needs to get better. He is not without flaw, but hes not so inaccurate he cant be a pro QB

Drew Lock QB, College Player

Missouri QB Drew Lock said he has met or will meet with the Giants, Dolphins, Redskins, Chargers, Broncos, and Lions.
The Broncos are the least-surprising team on this list with GM John Elway reportedly "smitten" with Lock, and the Giants, Dolphins, and Redskins have a big need at quarterback. The Lions are a bit of a wild card considering Matthew Stafford is just entering the second season of a five-year extension, but he did struggle last year. Lock is expected to be a first-round pick.

Related:

In the real world where everything is based on tendencies and probabilities and NOT certainties

IMO Lock has a about as good of a chance of being a legit NFL QB as the rest of the pack.

Kid has MAJOR arm talent and B+ athlete... Not a finished product but his upside is as good as any.

IMO.

This is the opinion of someone who has seen a lot of draft's come and go.

It always seems so obvious after the fact.

JP Losman could've been Aaron Rodgers. 1 year and 2 picks apart (Losman actually went higher).

1983 says it all.

24 teams looked at Dan Marino and said no. TWENTY FOUR.

This is the opinion of someone who has seen a lot of draft's come and go.

It always seems so obvious after the fact.

JP Losman could've been Aaron Rodgers. 1 year and 2 picks apart (Losman actually went higher).

1983 says it all.

24 teams looked at Dan Marino and said no. TWENTY FOUR.
exactly why i want to take a shot on one this year. if he aint the ticket, we should be in a spot to grab lawrence or another emerger in 2021

Sub par talent around him, in a good conference and a down the field passing attack. over 60% last two seasons...his accuracy needs to get better. He is not without flaw, but hes not so inaccurate he cant be a pro QB

For Drew Lock last season was his only season with over 60% (jr. year he was 57.8%)... for his career he is a 57% completion passer. This is an automatic no draft. Lock will go in the first round and may even go top 10 because he does have tools coaches will want to work with, but I don't want him in Miami.

Daniel Jones is also a sub 60% passer for his career (59.9%) I wouldn't even get to that because he does nothing good. Not a great arm, his ball placement is average at best, doesn't improvise or manipulate the pocket all that well.

There are only two QBs who are really worthy of a 1st round grade...Haskins and Murray. Lock is the clear number 3 and because QBs are valued so highly he will go round 1, but the 4th best QB is sort of up in the air, the drop off after Lock is pretty big. Stidham maybe...I don't like Jackson, but that is a physical freak that would be worth working with long term. Jones is not a QB I would draft on the first two days.

Just watched his highlights...

Lumbering runner, which makes me scratch my head wondering how he got all those rushing TD's. Tanny's highlights were much better.

I'd take a strong look at Mizzou's offensive line, though. I didn't see Lock throw under any pressure. One time he had a guy land three feet in front of him and it caused him to move his feet.

His highlights look like Tanny's highlights from Miami. Lots of intermediate wide open throws coupled with close TD runs that make you ask why.

Bryce Petty???

Back
Top Bottom