Drew Lock Meets With Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Lock Meets With Dolphins

He's got a big arm and good size but that's all I really see. I don't think he's got it between the ears which is the most important thing for a QB, I don't think he excels at the intermediate or quick throws. He's not a bad athlete but hes not gonna be running for much yards in the NFL.

I see Jay Cutler as his absolute ceiling and I'll pass on that.

Lock reminds me of a young Jay Cutler.

To hear him essentially say, "He throws off balance at times" and then compares that style to A.Rogers and finally state he's not willing to change it is troubling.

IIRC reading some of his draft material here. One of the things that plague him is he can be wildly inaccurate. You would think a guy that has that kind of problem would be humble and eager for coaching to help his accuray be consistent. Instead he thinks he's like A.Rogers!

For Drew Lock last season was his only season with over 60% (jr. year he was 57.8%)... for his career he is a 57% completion passer. This is an automatic no draft. Lock will go in the first round and may even go top 10 because he does have tools coaches will want to work with, but I don't want him in Miami.

Daniel Jones is also a sub 60% passer for his career (59.9%) I wouldn't even get to that because he does nothing good. Not a great arm, his ball placement is average at best, doesn't improvise or manipulate the pocket all that well.

There are only two QBs who are really worthy of a 1st round grade...Haskins and Murray. Lock is the clear number 3 and because QBs are valued so highly he will go round 1, but the 4th best QB is sort of up in the air, the drop off after Lock is pretty big. Stidham maybe...I don't like Jackson, but that is a physical freak that would be worth working with long term. Jones is not a QB I would draft on the first two days.

I didnt say 60% both of his last two season. 60% combined. So if he never started freshman and sophmore years hes all the sudden draftable? because his % is over 60 lol.

Different reactions from different people. Some love Lock and his big arm and say that he just had limited talent around him at Mizzou while others see him as too inaccurate. Our Dolphin evaluators really have to get their prioritized QB assessments right this year because we don't want to be wasting high Draft picks.

Last edited:
A week ago you said he was the truth best qb to come out in years and now you don't like him because he sounds like every other 22 year old. *You have a weird evaluating system*.

I believe that's already been established...

This is the opinion of someone who has seen a lot of draft's come and go.

It always seems so obvious after the fact.

JP Losman could've been Aaron Rodgers. 1 year and 2 picks apart (Losman actually went higher).

1983 says it all.

24 teams looked at Dan Marino and said no. TWENTY FOUR.

Right. One of the reasons I find it borderline absurd to talk about blowing a ton

of present + future draft capital speculating on a prospect like (for

example) Murray when there are so many unprovens (as well as

unknowns) in the real unworld!

So often it's best to not force things and let them come to you...

I like Daniel Jones and for development I like the Vanderbilt quarterback, Kyle Shurmur. Both big tall very similar prototypical guys.

No doubt Drew Lock has an arm for the long ball, he's had a knack for dropping the ball in the bucket. He's a big boned kid with some athleticism to him. He can run and run the read option. He's also been the victim of the dropseies by his receivers. Those who like him will point all these things out. But he's also prone to boneheaded throws. His intermediate and short passing game could be better, as well as, his touch on those passes. He seems lumbering and there's a question about how he performs under pressure. Miami is going to have to weight all of this stuff. My guess his he's not suitable for a New England style offense, which Miami looks to be moving to. Miami certainly has deep ball threats at WR, to maximize his big arm. But does that give credence to selecting him? That's the question.

My opinion is that you don’t draft a QB this year unless you think there’s a good chance he’ll be elite. We’re not the type of franchise that will go anywhere with someone who you hope iswill be legit NFL QB. If that’s the plan, you might as well have spent the money on Nick Foles who should have a good six years left on him as an above average QB who has proven he can win.

Haskins may be the more accurate passer right now but Lock's experience and upside may make him the better long-term prospect. FWIW, Charley Casserly just said that some GM's have rated Lock as the #1 QB prospect, ahead of both Haskins and Murray.
Always been a bigger fan of Haskins and Lock than Murray. Hope we'll make a move for either (preferable Haskins but I take Lock anytime).

This is the opinion of someone who has seen a lot of draft's come and go.

It always seems so obvious after the fact.

JP Losman could've been Aaron Rodgers. 1 year and 2 picks apart (Losman actually went higher).

1983 says it all.

24 teams looked at Dan Marino and said no. TWENTY FOUR.

DIdnt Miami pick Marino at 27.?

A week ago you said he was the truth best qb to come out in years and now you don't like him because he sounds like every other 22 year old. You have a weird evaluating system.

I never said that. That's you trolling me. I never say about any qb that he is the best, that is your vocabulary.
My vocabulary is that Drew Lock is borderline an elite prospect, and and therefore belongs to a class of elite prospects. There is nothing particular special about him other than he belongs to that class, so he is not the only elite quarterback.
I do not deal in rankings, #1, #2, #55. No. I deal in either draftable or not draftable, elite or not elite.
In this class there are three elite quarterbacks, Murray, Haskins, Lock. I do not care which one is #1. That's up to your preference. My preference is I do not care -- they are all elite.

I never said that. That's you trolling me. I never say about any qb that he is the best, that is your vocabulary.
My vocabulary is that Drew Lock is borderline an elite prospect, and and therefore belongs to a class of elite prospects. There is nothing particular special about him other than he belongs to that class, so he is not the only elite quarterback.
I do not deal in rankings, #1, #2, #55. No. I deal in either draftable or not draftable, elite or not elite.
In this class there are three elite quarterbacks, Murray, Haskins, Lock. I do not care which one is #1. That's up to your preference. My preference is I do not care -- they are all elite.

My goodness, with that level of back peddle and spin you could make an elite cb prospect.

Back
Top Bottom