Drew: "Ricky wants more money!" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew: "Ricky wants more money!"

touborg said:
If RW gave us all that hippie BS just to get more money, I don't even want him back.

Exactly how I feel.

minus said:
PURE SPECULATION by Drew.You really think Dolphins brass would have allow all this to happen six days before the season if it was just about the money?It's beyond the money.

Well considering the recent history of said Dolphin Brass..........Yes, yes I would. :lol:

pigskinguy said:
So I guess that means you don't want Wale back either?

No comparison.Agunleye situation is totally different.

I can understand if he wants more money.He is still carrying that lame contract the rap star got for him but it its a funny way to express it.That kind of situation is usually handled by an agent and it its hard for me to believe that he would burn bridges the way that he has if he wanted to come back.Threats to hold out are more apropo to that situation.

Originally Posted by pigskinguy
So I guess that means you don't want Wale back either?

You can't even remotely compare those two situations.

Ogun was promised a bigger contract and didn't get one. He is still living up to his contract (he plans to play the six games), and he has made it perfectly clear from day one.

RW on the other hand, quit at the worst possible time, and if all this is true, lied to everyone to make himself look less greedy.

Atleast Ogun was honest.

minus said:
If this is true, which I don't think it is, it is noth all that different.
They both are willing to not play and hurt their teammates chances at winning just for a little more cash.

touborg said:
You can't even remotely compare those two situations.

Ogun was promised a bigger contract and didn't get one. He is still living up to his contract (he plans to play the six games), and he has made it perfectly clear from day one.

RW on the other hand, quit at the worst possible time, and if all this is true, lied to everyone to make himself look less greedy.

Atleast Ogun was honest.

I will give the honesty thing ;) But they are both hurting the team which is all I care about. If Ogun was all about the team he would sign the tender and let the contact talks work itself out.
Doesn't matter I don't buy this money angle........do you? Does anyone here? It just seems far-fetched to me.

Ignorance in Abundance

"....my point being that RW's behavior is consistent with that of my relative's meltdown leading to his current situation. in one fell swoop my relative destroyed a secure and substantial income job (though not to the degree of RW) almost overnight by ruining the trust of his customers. he claimed incredible happiness with his decision to get out the "stressful" grind he was in due to his profession. he made claims of wanting a simpler life, and left family and fiance behind on the spur of the moment to move away on one days notice and pursue a new "career" on the pro bass fishing tour (i swear im not making this up). before all is said and done RW is going to be diagnosed as far more than having anxiety disorder. i have to think RW is bipolar as well..."

I think you are far and beyond understanding any rational argument on this subject because you are an ignorant moron.

We Need Cecil! said:
I think you are far and beyond understanding any rational argument on this subject because you are an ignorant moron.

Wow an insult in your first post...you are 1/1! You are batting 1.000!!! Im gonna make you retire in your prime like ricky apparently did...you are batting perfect and all! Have a nice life.....

Doesn't matter I don't buy this money angle........do you? Does anyone here? It just seems far-fetched to me.

Absolutely, I started my post with an if, because as much as Drew knows a few things, this sounds so far out.

CharlestonPhan said:
he made claims of wanting a simpler life, and left family and fiance behind on the spur of the moment to move away on one days notice and pursue a new "career" on the pro bass fishing tour (i swear im not making this up). before all is said and done RW is going to be diagnosed as far more than having anxiety disorder. i have to think RW is bipolar as well...

I have to agree that Ricky sounds like he's in a manic phase. Pop psychology tends to misunderstand bipolar disorders, but the average bipolar "joe" either ends up in the hospital or jail during a manic episode. It's quite possible that with his rather extraordinary financial standing [in comparison to the national average] and the innate respect that he receives as a football star may insulate him from hitting rock bottom- at least for now. If I left my job and took off on 12-speed bike for a cross-country tour, I'd be institutionalized pretty quickly but he can get away with it for a while.

On the other hand, like wyobilzfan said, all we know is that Ricky was diagnosed wih Social Anxiety Disorder which is a completely different problem. I would think that its possible that Ricky, having been isolated from society for much of his life because of this disorder, failed to mature in a normal way- failed to learn from mistakes- failed to really grow up because he couldn't confront others. Anyone who read his posts on his website would have to agree that his blogs sounded the words of a child. "I like photography. Pictures are really way cool" type statements only add emphasis. I *think* he may be an emotional child who made a child-like decision. In a way though, this isolation maybe led to his greatness. It's really too complex of an issue to explain based on our supposition. The one thing that I think we can be sure of is that in the high stakes and high profile world of football, he is done- even if he wants to come back. He's blacklisted.

Although I have studied psych, anyone with an advanced degree could probably be more definitive or tell me if I'm full of spit.

We Need Cecil! said:
"....my point being that RW's behavior is consistent with that of my relative's meltdown leading to his current situation. in one fell swoop my relative destroyed a secure and substantial income job (though not to the degree of RW) almost overnight by ruining the trust of his customers. he claimed incredible happiness with his decision to get out the "stressful" grind he was in due to his profession. he made claims of wanting a simpler life, and left family and fiance behind on the spur of the moment to move away on one days notice and pursue a new "career" on the pro bass fishing tour (i swear im not making this up). before all is said and done RW is going to be diagnosed as far more than having anxiety disorder. i have to think RW is bipolar as well..."

Did he just call me a moron????????

TerryTate said:
Wow an insult in your first post...you are 1/1! You are batting 1.000!!! Im gonna make you retire in your prime like ricky apparently did...you are batting perfect and all! Have a nice life.....[/QUOTE

Thank You..........anyone notice severe spike in the amount of insults and bad-mouthing going on today? I wonder why, did something bad happen today? :goof:

Back
Top Bottom