Drew Rosenhaus Goes on Record and Says.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Rosenhaus Goes on Record and Says....

There is zero chance of Griese starting this year if Fiedler remains healthy. Zippo, nada, zilch.

The question as far as the Dolphins' next starting qb is whether or not Fiedler plays well enough this year to justify either his beginning-to-balloon salary or some sort of re-negotiation. If Fiedler struggles and Griese shows this year that he can pick up Norv's system, lay off the alky-hall, work hard, and earn the respect of his teammates, there is a very good chance that Griese gets offered a longer term contract and Fiedler is offered a paycut and a backup job next off-season.

If Griese ends up hosting "Girls Gone Wild: South Beach" before training camp is out this year, we're only out a one year contract and your starter is comfortable he had earned the coach's confidence, in the first place.

This is the smart way to play things: this is how Rick and Dave will play things.

-Jeff
www.jjewell.com

I don't know, talent is talent. I think this stuff about Brian not being able to put up a good challenge because he's new to the system is overblown. We didn't go out last year and find ourselves a starter who had tons of experience in Norv's system just cuz we were worried about how Jay Fiedler would play in it in his first season.

In fact, before his hand injury Fiedler was having one heck of a season. His only bad game was the KC game, a game where they still put up like 30 points and he only started tossing picks in the 4th quarter with Ricky literally taken out of the game in the 2nd half and us playing from behind down by like over two TDs. And that second half was without Mark Dixon because he got injured in 3rd quarter and Spriggs was doing his best turnstyle impression in the second half.

So if Jay Fiedler can come right out of the box game 1 of the season and start leading an offense thats scoring an average of 30 points per game...

Why exactly is it that Brian Griese won't be ready to start until mid-season at the earliest? I hope you're not honestly gonna tell me its because he missed a few mini camps...

Also to note: Fiedler injured ligaments in his index finger (throwing hand) the week of the KC game. He also missed most of TC due to that hip injury.

CK even if he's ready, why do we want him to start...Please someone help me to see it..I didn't while he was in Denver, and they had just about everything we have as far as an Offense, as a matter of fact, last year they had more..

So if Jay Fiedler can come right out of the box game 1 of the season and start leading an offense thats scoring an average of 30 points per game...

Why exactly is it that Brian Griese won't be ready to start until mid-season at the earliest? I hope you're not honestly gonna tell me its because he missed a few mini camps...

When Jay was learning Norv's system, Norv was installing it fresh for a whole team, translating the terms and concepts of that offense into his own for everyone... an easier transition than Griese will have to make, a loner coming from a foreign offense. Plus, Fiedler, by this point in his first year under Norv Turner, already had a few months of playbook study and direct access to the OC under his belt... not to mention his varying years of experience with the players involved.

I think all of those factors are legitimate headstarts Jay had over Brian.

And I hate to bust the guy over and over for it (because I watched his dad play and I've been pulling for the kid since Michigan and I wanted the Dolphins to draft him in the first place... but I'm just really disappointed with how he's carried himself, in the NFL), but his locker room credibility is going to be doodley-squat due to his own behavior.

The kid who fought his way to a starting job at Michigan has a chance to become the Dolphins 2004 starter. The buffoon in Denver might not make this year's squad. I don't know which one will show up, and I'm not about to make risky plans based on it being the former.

-Jeff
www.jjewell.com

Originally posted by Rrodr038

Those aren't the last five things he said...those are the last five things he got right....he also said Miami would trade up to get to Taylor Jacobs (wasn't close on that one) and that Miami would get Olin Kruetz (last year).

He didn't say we WILL trade up for Jacobs. How can the Kruetz thing be ahead of what I named when that was LAST year, like you say?

Those ARE the last 5 things he said..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
CK even if he's ready, why do we want him to start...Please someone help me to see it..I didn't while he was in Denver, and they had just about everything we have as far as an Offense, as a matter of fact, last year they had more..

Fiedler ever make the Pro Bowl? Fiedler ever go 19TDs/4INTs in a season? Hell no, and to both of those questions.. YOU WOULD BE CRAZY TO TELL ME HE COULD!

Some of you say Fiedler will be in the Pro Bowl if he stays healthy. Oh yeah, I'd have just as good of a chance betting if I were to say that we'll sign Charles Jordan, Kirby Dar Dar, and Lamar Thomas and trade Chambers, McKnight, and Thompson for a 7th-round draft choice in 2004.. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Fiedler ever make the Pro Bowl? Fiedler ever go 19TDs/4INTs in a season? Hell no, and to both of those questions.. YOU WOULD BE CRAZY TO TELL ME HE COULD!

Some of you say Fiedler will be in the Pro Bowl if he stays healthy. Oh yeah, I'd have just as good of a chance betting if I were to say that we'll sign Charles Jordan, Kirby Dar Dar, and Lamar Thomas and trade Chambers, McKnight, and Thompson for a 7th-round draft choice in 2004.. :rolleyes:

Fiedler has that potential, sure why not? Fiedler arguably was well on his way before the injury in Denver. And do me a favor, don't say he only played in 6 games last year. The year Griese went to the pro-bowl he only played in 10 games that season.

Everything that Fiedler bashers have been saying he can't do for the last 3-years he has eventually over come those things. I'm certain he'll be happy to see that no one thinks he can go to a pro-bowl.

By they way C-84 I had no idea you were such a Fiedler hater, not sure you are a basher though.

Oliver...

When did Brian make the Pro Bowl? I never said Jay would make the pro bowl..even though it's not impossible..My question is IS Brian any better..all the games I saw him in Denver, he never impressed me...If we go with stats..Jays winning pct..he qb stat. can match and better Brian any day..It's not stats that I'm looking at, it's overall play during a game..and Brian doesn't look better than jay in the games..that's what I'm saying...He's not a step up..about the same and maybe a bit lower...

Originally posted by Oliver

By they way C-84 I had no idea you were such a Fiedler hater, not sure you are a basher though.

Believe it or not, I'm not a Fiedler hater or basher. I'm just one of the peeps who wonna see Griese back there. Look how I supported Jay when someone said his pump-fake sucked..

I don't hate him or think he sucks.. I just think some of you become HOMERS when talking about him.. and I also think Griese is better.

With our supporting cast, you can't rule it out, CC. What if Jay had stayed healthy last season?? I think his stats would have been solid.

One area that Fiedler is UNQUESTIONABLY better is PLAY ACTION. Jay is one of the league's best in that respect.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

When did Brian make the Pro Bowl? I never said Jay would make the pro bowl..even though it's not impossible..My question is IS Brian any better..all the games I saw him in Denver, he never impressed me...If we go with stats..Jays winning pct..he qb stat. can match and better Brian any day..It's not stats that I'm looking at, it's overall play during a game..and Brian doesn't look better than jay in the games..that's what I'm saying...He's not a step up..about the same and maybe a bit lower...

He went to the pro-bowl for the 2000 season. He had one of the best TD to INT ratio and/or QBR's in the history of the NFL that year. The thing was he only played in 10 games, and the offense was just as affective when he was replaced due to that injury.

His play has declined after that, mainly due to his re-occuring shoulder injury. The same shoulder has been giving him problems since his 2nd year as a NFL QB.

Griese has never made it through an entire NFL season, he is the very definition of an injury prone QB. That's why a backup role should be so perfect for him.

People that think Griese is just going to come in here and take the job from Fiedler, honestly do not have a firm grasp of Griese's situation. He 1st has to pass a physical, much less prove he can be a NFL QB again with that BUM shoulder of his.

Oliver...

and I also think Griese is better.

Maybe you can help me see it, in what way in Griese better, not arm strength, not mobility, not smarts, not talent, not accuracy, not winning pct..not qb rating, so whare..not playing ability on the field...Now that how I see it..show where you disagree and why...maybe I'm missing something..:confused:

Back
Top Bottom