Drew Rosenhaus Goes on Record and Says.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Rosenhaus Goes on Record and Says....

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Believe it or not, I'm not a Fiedler hater or basher. I'm just one of the peeps who wonna see Griese back there. Look how I supported Jay when someone said his pump-fake sucked..

I don't hate him or think he sucks.. I just think some of you become HOMERS when talking about him.. and I also think Griese is better.

Yeah poor choice of words from me, I know you are one of the good guys C-84. That's why I said I had no idea that's how you felt about Fiedler right now.

It's cool, not saying you're wrong. Just saying Griese has some serious question marks surrounding him. I hope he can come in here and set our offense on fire. There wouldn't be a happier person than me if that was to happen.

I'm without a doubt a homer, but sorry I can be very negative, and many ppl have had issues with me when this happens. However unlike other ppl who constantly bash Fiedler I see no point in stating the obvious over and over. At some point you stop being a fan when all you do is complain about the team you are supposed to love through that player. Not saying that's you are like that, just telling you where I'm coming from as a fan.

I don't think Griese is better, I think he just a dif version of Fiedler, without the mobility. Even the BIGGEST positive that Griese has every achieved there is an asterisk next to it. I'm not impressed when a QB goes to a pro-bowl on a 10 game season.

Oliver...

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Maybe you can help me see it, in what way in Griese better, not arm strength, not talent,

:eek:

You may have an argument for the other things. But that^? Don't kid yourself..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Maybe you can help me see it, in what way in Griese better, not arm strength, not mobility, not smarts, not talent, not accuracy, not winning pct..not qb rating, so whare..not playing ability on the field...Now that how I see it..show where you disagree and why...maybe I'm missing something..:confused:

Not to answer for C-84, but ppl that think Griese is a better QB is because he went to the pro-bowl based on a 10 game season in 2000.

Personally that doesn't impress me that much at all. Especially when you consider the fact that he was surrounded by HOF players that he was throwing the ball to. In addition to that when Griese went down to injury in that pro-bowl season they continued to score at the same rate as when he was in there.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

Griese has some serious question marks surrounding him.

Yeah exactly, that's basically why he will be available for us. I just wonna see something new, ya know? Maybe if we have a QB like Griese we can go down-field more. I'd like for him to improve on his leadership and confidence though..

But I still prefer him over Jay(whom I respect, because he has done lots of great things for this team)..

:eek:

You may have an argument for the other things. But that^? Don't kid yourself..

Griese and Fiedler have like arm strength. If you are thinking Griese has a cannon for an arm you are wrong there C-84.

Oliver...

Griese's arm is slightly stronger, but his deep ball is still tighter and more accurate. That is what makes it seem like he must have a great arm.

Yeah exactly, that's basically why he will be available for us. I just wonna see something new, ya know? Maybe if we have a QB like Griese we can go down-field more. I'd like for him to improve on his leadership and confidence though..

But I still prefer him over Jay(whom I respect, because he has done lots of great things for this team)..

Griese can't go down town any better than Jay. Ever since he lost most of HOF WR's to injury and for that 2-year period when Shannon Sharp was not in Denver Griese's long ball has been very AVG.

In 2001 which is one year closer to when Griese was able to throw the deep ball which was 2000, Fiedler had no problems throwing the deep ball to our fav WR, Chambers.

A case can be made Chambers has let the offense down just as much if not more than say a Jay Fiedler.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Jaj
Griese's arm is slightly stronger, but his deep ball is still tighter and more accurate. That is what makes it seem like he must have a great arm.

I disagree with Griese arm strength being stronger.Do I have to send you game tapes of Denver games?I'm telling there nothing better about Griese arm strength.My friend is a broncos fan and he has plenty of game tapes.

Griese is not exactly someone people should be going crazy over.I believe more in Sage as the future of this franchise than Griese.People just want change at QB so bad that they overate Griese.

Last edited by a moderator:

He didn't say we WILL trade up for Jacobs. How can the Kruetz thing be ahead of what I named when that was LAST year, like you say?

Those ARE the last 5 things he said..

At the very least, he insinuated that we were interested in trading up to get Taylor Jacobs, which we know was complete BS. He also said we were interested in Anquan Boldin and Tyrone Calico, both of which we passed on. He basically stated that our first pick was gunna be on a WR. And he said all that after (or at least in the same show) all the stuff about Seau. So I think that should count as a part of the last 5. In fact, no I don't cuz the guys spews baised info about his clients on a day to day basis.

Secondly the Kreutz thing was just to show you that he can be and has been horribly wrong on FA matters. He also said that we were going to get a vet LT early in free agency this year, so it isn't only last year. I mean, what are you saying.... that we should trust Drew Rosenhaus based on his last five correct judgements when a great majority of the stuff is says is just presumptions? Sorry but Drew's info is only a little better than any fan on this website (better only b/c he is an agent and does have some inside info) and a little worse than beat reporter's info considering they have day to day contact with the team and the FO. All I am saying is that he is not a reliable source about a player coming here if he does not represent them and under no circumstances does he have any say or knowledge about whether a player would start here. He just spinning webs like always.

I have watched Griese and I have watched Fiedler. If Fiedler is a six for example Griese is a 6.5.

Originally posted by Jaj

No it's not, Griese had HOF WR's to throw to in his pro-bowl season in 2000. I'm not trying to take away what Griese has done, but when your WR's are getting 5-7 yards of seperation compared to what Jay normally gets you can see my point. At least I hope you all can.

As far as arm strength, that all opinion anyway. But without a doubt Griese had arm strength question marks coming out of college, and those question marks still remain. Just as they always will for Jay. That's because they have AVG arm strength. That doesn't make them AVG QB's though.

Oliver...

Yes but he had crap as a line to protect him.

Still I think Griese would choke once he saw every Miami fan expecting a TD from him on his first throw. Offcourse not only a TD, but only to Chambers and it must be a bomb.

Originally posted by Jaj

Hummm...I think he throws a good post..but Mccaffrey was so good at setting that up, plus he was so tall and fast(hehe), plus he adjusted so well, I think the WR's made Griese look good at times..Not consistently..I watch Griese miss a lot of open people too..so he's not that accurate on the deep ball...and he arm strenght is not greater than Jay...I'm not a Jay lover, but I don't hate him either..I've enjoyed him at Qb..I've seen worst on other teams..I was happy we had Jay,,I just didn't see him lose a lot of games for us...I did see Brian playing like Lucas at times..

Well from I've seen .......

Fiedler edges out Griese in arm strength and just about every other category.

Be interesting to take his name out of the opportunity and see what our interest in him would be.

Back
Top Bottom