Drill the QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drill the QB

There D is where they are going to get exposed and they won’t be able to score quickly to keep up with those franchises - I mean I expect them to lose to Buffalo 2x as well
[/QUOT] Patriots defensive find. There wr need step up...that weak link on team. From what I see..

I completely agree, this was also my biggest frustration of the game. One way to get rid of a smile as big as Cam's is to hit him.

That being said, we were completely surprised by NE's offense on Sunday so lets wait and see what our coaching staff does to address this before judging them.

Not sure where you're going with this... But 2x 3 and outs, 1x 4 and INT and 2x INT out of 8 drives...

Heine's statement was "Get an offense that can stay on the field more than 3 plays." You answered my question. Thanks

Definitely my biggest frustration watching the D play against the Pats. Rather than seeing the player freeze and hit no one I just kept saying, "Just hit Cam as hard as you can and it will pay off at the end of the game."
I forwarded your post to my contacts. You have an interview with the Saints FO next Tuesday :D

Last edited:
When have Bill's actual beat good team on regular basic..Bill's have too show me.. they real...yes they will make playoff two..first rd exit again. Yes N.E lost lot players but one they got full spot good enough win in nfl..just talking fact from what I seen w N.E..
1 game sample size - this is a new NE team on D

I know the context, and it still doesn't make me miss Kiko, even if he laid Cam out with a concussion.

I was just stating the reason the alternate reality posed didn't make me miss him.

You know, you can put me on ignore, if it bothers you that much.

Personally I don't see it as a big deal either way.

Have a good day brother Phin Fan.
Don’t tempt me

They should hit the QB every single time no matter what. Lay that mother... out! They want to run or fake it? They should be treated like an RB and drilled. We'll see how long they keep running the sh..
Exactly! You may get a couple of personal fouls, but after hitting that mufo so hard I'll promise you they stop doing that.

Don’t tempt me
Lol

It's not changing either of our lives either way.

Your a good, knowledgeable poster. Why so surly over a post about a guy that isn't even here any more?

I didn't dislike KA. He was what he was, a guy who gave his all and never quit. He just had his limitations.

Heine's statement was "Get an offense that can stay on the field more than 3 plays." You answered my question. Thanks
I think you knew exactly what he meant by that... And yes I provided the anwser to complete his point...

Every year the ref’s go around to every camp and explain the rules, although I’m not sure it happened this year. Every sentence ends with’ You can’t hit the QB” I am sure Bellecheat took full advantage of the youth and inexperience by running the read option that you don’t usually see in the pro’s. I’d be willing to bet that next time they play they hit Cam early, often, and as hard as they can.

For me the biggest point of frustration this past week was the indecisivness of our Edge/End guys. More times than not we'd see our edge player get caught in between an option read and not lay a hand on either the RB or the QB.

We're facing Josh Allen twice, Cam once more, and Kyler Murray this season and it's safe to assume the OC's for these teams will watch this tape and deploy a healthy dose of read-option plays against us.

IMO we have to set a bit of a standard to teams that want to try and run their QB against us. The way we go about it is by designating Lawson or Ogbah to focus on the QB for the first couple of option plays that get run against us. By running an option teams void the safety blanket QB's have around them in the pocket, take advantage of that, and drill them regardless of whether or not they have the ball.

It sets a precedent for teams to understand if they run this against us we're going to take the opportunity to mangle your QB.

The ideal solution would be to get better at defending it but from how absolutely lost our guys looked i don't see that happening too quickly.

Kind of like rugby. When I played I would drill the ball carrier regardless of whether he pitched to a team mate at the beginning of the game. I found that they would pitch it sooner through the course of the game after a few of those hits.

Back
Top Bottom