Dt Is Huge Problem | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dt Is Huge Problem

Yeah is we have the no huddle going on the heat week 1 the Titans defense will be gassed. If we force them to beat us throwing chalk up the 1-0.
I think that's going to be the case for most of the season. If the offense takes off, though, I'd consider the season a success for the most part. Miami can work on fix the defense (front seven) over the next several drafts. Howard and Fitzpatrick seem like the defensive building blocks to me.

Actually, I am more afraid of teams just trying to get matchups against those linebackers in pass coverage. None of them have an ounce of coverage skills. The only one with even a glimmer of hope in that department is Baker. I hated the McMillan pick when they made it and nothing he has shown me thus far has changed my opinion about him. I hope I am wrong, but I just don't think he is athletic enough to be more than a two down backer and in this era of football
that basically makes him a dinosaur.

That looks like a huge problem. I think the defense could easily be bottom third in the league, but I do think the offense will be at least a tick above average and hopefully better than that if Gase is the real deal. Honestly, Miami's front seven is pretty unimpressive. But, as I said in another post I really think this season is about the offense taking off in Gase's third year. Lots of resources IMO will be spent on that front seven over the next several offseasons with Howard and Fitzpatrick the building blocks.

The Offense better produce early and often or it will be another looong season.

DT is without a doubt my biggest concern heading into the regular season.

To be fair, that was an intentional throwaway to run out the half. And it was actually a pretty good one. Nobody got hurt.

There's more where that came from but I liked this one because you weren't totally sure if it was a throw away at the time. Plus this was slightly less mean.

I would also consider trading someone for Margus Hunt. He is a versatile DT/DE that is really killing it with run defense and soaking up blockers. He mauled the Ravens linemen on Monday, almost always needing to be double-teamed.

He eats up both guards and the center on this stunt, actively pushing them backwards and turning the pocket into a death trap. Easy sack for the other DT running the stunt. Imagine if we could offload Carroo and/or Andre Branch for him. Sure, he's 31, but he's got another good contract left in him. He would be perfect for that package that Burke ran with Wake, DT, Harris, and Quinn on the line together. Harris would feast on stunts out of that package.

it's really hard to tell what the biggest problem is on defense since sometimes it looks as if the whole defense don't know what the heck they're doing. At this moment we don't have a great LB. Could one of the young guys develop into one? Time will tell but right now we don't have one and I've never seen a great defense that didn't have at least one great LB

Wouldn't mind a new Zach Thomas these days!

Back
Top Bottom