Duke Johnson to the Bills. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Duke Johnson to the Bills.

Gaskin and Ahmed wont even be on the roster next year so who cares.
They will draft a RB that has some power and will get carries with Mostert and Edmunds.
I messed up on that post. Meant to say he is a better back than Gaskin and Ahmed. They should have both been cut to sign Duke...

Do you feel better posting “some people don’t have a clue” and what does “can’t take it personally” in the this context even mean? Are you some type of respected NFL insider who we should bow down to and not discuss certain topics around. Lol don’t take this personally but get over yourself

Regular fans care more about regular players more than some of us. That’s why you have threads started proclaiming guys like Duke Johnson and Mack Hollins are must keep players. That gets annoying every year we have people with emotional attachments to JAGs.

It’s annoying, I want my team to do better.

I am not a respected insider, I’m a respected outsider. I put in a lot of time and effort into my posts. I waste as much time researching things that won’t benefit me one bit, as anyone who gets paid to cover the NFL. I’m proud of that.

I’m not the best Dolphin on this board. I’m not the most knowledgeable either but I am always open to constructive criticism.

Im a ****y MoFo, but believe me, I’ve earned the right. Im wrong from time to time, never mind it either. Makes me a better poster.

@Mach2 corrects me all the time and puts me in my place when im too ****y, as do others. But my posts aren’t mindless wastes of text. My words have meaning. Maybe not to everybody but I certainly put as much thought into what I say as anyone.

Like right now for instance, pulled over in my car while late for an appointment because it’s important to me to reply to you.

I criticize “some people” because I don’t actually like criticizing specific posters.

Last edited:
Regular fans care more about regular players more than some of us. That’s why you have threads started proclaiming guys like Duke Johnson and Mack Hollins are must keep players. That gets annoying every year we have people with emotional attachments to JAGs.

I am not a respected insider, I’m a respected outsider. I put in a lot of time and effort into my posts. I waste as much time researching things that won’t benefit me one bit, as anyone who gets paid to cover the NFL. I’m proud of that.

I’m not the best Dolphin on this board. I’m not the most knowledgeable either but I am always open to constructive criticism.

Im a ****y MoFo, but believe me, I’ve earned the right. Im wrong from time to time, never mind it either. Makes me a better poster.

@Mach2 corrects me all the time and puts me in my place when im too ****y, as do others. But posts aren’t mindless wastes of texts. My words have meaning. Maybe not to everybody but I certainly put as much thought into what I say as much as anyone.

Like right now for instance, pulled over in my car while late for an appointment because it’s important to me to reply to you.
It’s all good it just came off as very condescending for no reason. I was wondering why he thought Ahmed was better than Duke, then he corrected himself and said he misspoke anyway.

Sorry for sounding aggro you’re a solid poster no doubt.

Buffalo - Von Miller on D, and now Duke too?

Yes, we know Duke is not an All Star but the kid runs hard.

I think we can beat Buffalo with a better o-line (which we don't have now) and a better coaching staff (which we have now) - but it's going to be tough.

Duke, was one of the few "physical" guys we had on Offense (Lindsay too) so I hate seeing him go. Now we get him on the Bills in December.

@Mach2 corrects me all the time and puts me in my place when im too ****y, as do others. But posts aren’t mindless wastes of texts. My words have meaning. Maybe not to everybody but I certainly put as much thought into what I say as much as anyone.

Lol...... Even though most of us "regulars" have never met, I value the relationships to the point of seeing a lot of posters as absentee "friends". If I get on you, brother Ghost, it's no different than something I would say to one of the guys I have a beer with. And believe me, that fact that I can be a prick has been brought to my attention many times......lol.

Yea, I was hoping to resign him...likely on the cheap. He's a better back than Ahmed or Gaskin, and theyre both still on the team.

EXACTLY!! Why did the team let him walk??? I think he's almost as good as Edmonds but only a fraction of the cost. Oh well, just another boneheaded decision among many boneheaded decisions made by this organization SMH

Hs's going to kill us. By far the best of the rb's we had on this team. He was so proud to be here and a lifelong fin fan and miami native. Plus pealed of 100yd games with the puke line and coaching we had. I realky wanted to sed him in McD's scheme.

I like the 2 guys we brought in but keeping gaskin over duke is awful.

It’s all good it just came off as very condescending for no reason. I was wondering why he thought Ahmed was better than Duke, then he corrected himself and said he misspoke anyway.

But your right though about how my posts can come across online vs in person.

I tend to take exception when people try really to promote JAGs.

I would have kept Duke, he ran hard last year and we are in need at the position, not really sure why we had to let him walk. I like the Edmonds addition but think folks are too giddy with the Mostert add, he must just be there for teaching the system in training camp, he's not likely to last long and actually play many snaps during the season. They don't call him Most Hurt for nothing.

Lol...... Even though most of us "regulars" have never met, I value the relationships to the point of seeing a lot of posters as absentee "friends". If I get on you, brother Ghost, it's no different than something I would say to one of the guys I have a beer with. And believe me, that fact that I can be a prick has been brought to my attention many times......lol.

You’re not a “regular” for starters.

When I said regular I didn’t meant it in the context of someone who regularly posts but someone who’s a casual fan.

You and I are both irregulars.

Also for record, I’ve actually always thought your username was witty. I always assumed it to be an Any Given Sunday reference?

I really liked what Duke brought to the team last year, and wouldn’t have minded seeing him stay in Miami, but I think a lot of Dolphin fans are letting their love for former Hurricanes turn this into a bigger deal than it really is.

Mostert and Edmonds are definitely better fits in our new zone running scheme and over the course of his NFL career, Duke Johnson has probably never made one of his former teams pay for letting him walk. He’ll be a nice addition for Buffalo’s RB depth, and that’s about it.

Back
Top Bottom