Dustin Keller Update | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dustin Keller Update

One thing frustrates me about this. Keller and Fasano would have been a perfect pair. Fasano for blocking and red zone and keller for the passing game and red zone. The two together would have sorted the position for years to come.

Fasano should have been locked down weeks ago, I guess the FO didnt expect him to get a (reasonably big) offer on day one.

Wasn't Ben Landis the bad guy in the Usual Suspects?

3 Years 13mil is about right for Dustin Keller. Curious to see the guaranteed money, but thats a get.

I was against Keller at first because of his initial $5-6M per year self worth & his age. I could deal with a three year contract which is more likely a two year.

For the contract my guess of the breakdown would be a $6M signing bonus; $1M base in 2013, $2M base in 2014, & $4M base in 2015 (cutting him here would save us $2M).

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
#Jets FA update: Landry in Indy, waiting on deal. Keller in Mia, meeting again tomorrow. RB Goodson (Oak) visits tomorrow.

From the Jets beat writer.

hey jet fans - who cares if you lose laron landry, dustin keller, shonn greene, yeremiah bell, sione pouha, mike devito, etc. ?

you are signing david garrard, lex hilliard and visiting with mike goodson!

Personally, I'm not nearly as impressed with Keller as most people on this board. IMHO, Tyler Eifert is going to be faaaaaar better than Keller is or ever will be. I'd use the draft to grab Tyler Eifert, Justin Hunter and Ryan Swope. Then Tannehill has his targets for the next decade, they all fit well into our system and together, and we have multiples for every situation.

Keller only looks good compared to the other lackluster FA TE's out there today. He's a 6'2 receiver who runs a 4.5 ... and he doesn't have great hands, doesn't block and doesn't get much playing time compared to a starting WR. I wouldn't be excited about getting him honestly.

Personally, I'm not nearly as impressed with Keller as most people on this board. IMHO, Tyler Eifert is going to be faaaaaar better than Keller is or ever will be. I'd use the draft to grab Tyler Eifert, Justin Hunter and Ryan Swope. Then Tannehill has his targets for the next decade, they all fit well into our system and together, and we have multiples for every situation.

Keller only looks good compared to the other lackluster FA TE's out there today. He's a 6'2 receiver who runs a 4.5 ... and he doesn't have great hands, doesn't block and doesn't get much playing time compared to a starting WR. I wouldn't be excited about getting him honestly.

Eifert is no doubt well above Keller. On the other hand he will require a first round pick and im not sure we can spend such a high pick on a TE atm. Keller is no all pro but in terms of cap space he shouldnt be an issue and he doesnt cost a pick. He would give Tannehill an effective and reliable option in the pass gane.

overall it'd be a decent signing. Serviceable starter who would be an upgrade over Fasano in the passing game.

Back
Top Bottom