Dustin Keller Update | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dustin Keller Update

Keller was a first round pick. Had his first injury concern this year. Has low stats but he is a Favorite of his garbage QB. There's a lot of upside. Lets get it done and than work on getting a Tackle.

He is not injury prone having played four straight 16 game seasons before last year... he also has always put up really good numbers when healthy and even stepped it up in the playoffs both years for the jets..... in 2009 he played 3 playoff games and had 12 catches 181 yards and 3 td....... If he was an elite blocker he would be considered one of the best TE in the league easily

Keller was a first round pick. Had his first injury concern this year. Has low stats but he is a Favorite of his garbage QB. There's a lot of upside. Lets get it done and than work on getting a Tackle.

This. Gotta remember Snatchez was his QB and Jabba Rex was his HC. Hopefully his 1st round talent develops with a real QB and HC. I hope we save our draft picks for CBs and DEs. Say no to Eifert at 12.

I don't think Keller is a must sign in any way. He is not even a real upgrade over what we had. True he is better as a pass catcher than Fasino was but Anthony was a much better blocker. And to be honest their passing numbers were not that different. Keller is not the rangy mismatch TE that LBs can't cover, and his blocking is horrible. There are several in the draft that I would rather have, that will be much cheaper. I say offer him a very reasonable contract and let him take it or leave. To be honest I would rather he leave. There is just something about a jet player that makes him tainted. They just all have an funky smell that kinda follows them around.

I don't think Keller is a must sign in any way. He is not even a real upgrade over what we had. True he is better as a pass catcher than Fasino was but Anthony was a much better blocker. And to be honest their passing numbers were not that different. Keller is not the rangy mismatch TE that LBs can't cover, and his blocking is horrible. There are several in the draft that I would rather have, that will be much cheaper. I say offer him a very reasonable contract and let him take it or leave. To be honest I would rather he leave. There is just something about a jet player that makes him tainted. They just all have an funky smell that kinda follows them around.

Don't agree at all.
I think Keller is a huge upgrade over fasano. He's one of the faster of all the fa TE's, great hands, fights like crazy yac

He's definitely not a dedicated blocking te but his blocking is not horrible.

Fasano
40 yard dash time: 4.72 seconds
Height: 6' 4"
255lbs

Keller
40 yard dash time: 4.53 seconds
Height: 6' 2"
249lbs

It's not only that he's faster but look how he moves? He's very fluid and athletic. A few times I could of sworn I was watching Aaron Hernandez!

Fasano
40 yard dash time: 4.72 seconds
Height: 6' 4"
255lbs

Keller
40 yard dash time: 4.53 seconds
Height: 6' 2"
249lbs

Where is this basis that Keller can't block

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

When did Fasano ever run a 4.72?

It's not only that he's faster but look how he moves? He's very fluid and athletic. A few times I could of sworn I was watching Aaron Hernandez!

I agree. I love how people are saying he's horrible at blocking. All of the free agent TE's available this year are about the same when it comes to blocking. Cook, Bennett, Keller, Pitta. They're all better receivers then they are blockers

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Where is this basis that Keller can't block

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

When did Fasano ever run a 4.72?

At Notre Dame's Pro Day Fasano posted 40-yard-dash times of 4.74 and 4.71 seconds.

So the fins are gonna have gibson and keller in the house at the same time? Get a few more playmakers and then move to CB and OT.

I agree. I love how people are saying he's horrible at blocking. All of the free agent TE's available this year are about the same when it comes to blocking. Cook, Bennett, Keller, Pitta. They're all better receivers then they are blockers

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

At Notre Dame's Pro Day Fasano posted 40-yard-dash times of 4.74 and 4.71 seconds.

If you really believe that Fasano runs a 4.72 based on a Pro Day hand timed run, then I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona for you -- great deal, too. Just message me.

LD

Back
Top Bottom