Dustin Keller Update | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dustin Keller Update

Personally, I'm not nearly as impressed with Keller as most people on this board. IMHO, Tyler Eifert is going to be faaaaaar better than Keller is or ever will be. I'd use the draft to grab Tyler Eifert, Justin Hunter and Ryan Swope. Then Tannehill has his targets for the next decade, they all fit well into our system and together, and we have multiples for every situation.

Keller only looks good compared to the other lackluster FA TE's out there today. He's a 6'2 receiver who runs a 4.5 ... and he doesn't have great hands, doesn't block and doesn't get much playing time compared to a starting WR. I wouldn't be excited about getting him honestly.

Bingo. Winner of the offseason.

Here's my concern, and I'm not sure if this is valid or not. I'm worried that the Dolphins are going to sign Keller (the same could happen at WR) and think they can ignore TE early in this draft. They figure they have a solid TE on the roster and they don't need to worry about it. Now if he signs a three year deal, the shorter years indicates they know they just need a stop-gap, but I don't want his presence to be a deterrent for upgrading. Good is the enemy of great, and Dustin Keller is just good.

Now Ireland is going full-out and someone in the FO is cognizant of the fact they need to upgrade the TE position or they wouldn't have drafted Egnew (regardless of his status now), so it may be a moot point. I just don't want to see Keller signed and then not see a solid TE pick until the 5th round or later. We'll see.

As long as the contract is modest - $4mil/year or something - then the signing is good. We will still need to sign a TE that can block, though. This is where signing Fasano for a modest contract would have come in great.

Keller ran faster and jumped higher than Eiffert at the combine. Just saying. They appear to be clones of each other. It's a whole other ballgame at the NFL level fellas. Eifert won't be anything special at the next level. He will be good but nothing special, just like Keller.

Pairing Keller with Kellen Davis would be great. Davis has stone hands, but is 1 of the better blocking TE's. He is visiting Pittsburgh right now

I really wish Greg Jennings would hurry up and resign with the Packers. Then we would know what they are going to do with Finley. I would rather have Finley than Keller. If they are going to keep Finley though then I would sign Keller. Maybe that is why they are dragging it out?

FASANO IS HISTORY! Thank God Joe and Jeff have recognized his mediocraty and moved on. Keller is definitely an upgrade, but I doubt we can get Eifert. There is no way you can take Eifert over the likes of Ansah, Werner, Jones, Moore, Rhodes, Mingo, heck even Trufant!

Keller ran faster and jumped higher than Eiffert at the combine. Just saying. They appear to be clones of each other. It's a whole other ballgame at the NFL level fellas. Eifert won't be anything special at the next level. He will be good but nothing special, just like Keller.

Keller ran a 4.53 forty, da Phinz need to sign him period..........get da job done Jeff
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=12570&draftyear=2008&genpos=TE
http://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Dustin&l=Keller&i=7995

Keller would be a huge upgrade at the TE position. Just say no to Jermichael Finley

Davis is probabaly one of the better blocking TE's in the league. He can't catch and shouldn't be a starter anywhere, but he wouldnt be asked to be here...Football is more then just catching passes and throwing money at big named guys...Pair him with Keller

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Finley would be a disaster here. Keller is a better fit. Again your building a team, this is why the eagles r such an epic fail 3 years ago. They signed 6 pro-bowlers but the pieces were awful together...they didt build a team

I wouldn't say Keller is a must signing....if he accepts the deal great...if not, use the money to resign Long.

I wouldn't say Keller is a must signing....if he accepts the deal great...if not, use the money to resign Long.

Sorry Bro Long signed with the Rams.

EDIT: Oops my bad...guess it's not a done deal

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom