Dwyane Wade or Lebron James? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwyane Wade or Lebron James?

It's funny as hell that people think LeBron is a better player than Wade at this point. LeBron is a better scorer? I don't think so. He needs to take more shots than Wade to score more points. If Wade played in the system that LeBron plays where the entire offense revolves around him, he'd probably be challenging Kobe for the scoring title. Wade plays with Shaq, Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, etc. so he isn't going to drop 30+ a night. Last year, when Shaq was hurt and Wade was not only the #1, but the only big option on the team, I think Wade's numbers were something like 31/6/5 at about 49% shooting.

You can't compare three point shooting as to who is the better player, that's just flat out ridiculous. Dwyane Wade drops 27 a night without taking any three's, outside of halfcourt shots. If the player doesn't need to be an efficient 3-point shooter to score, then using the ability as an argument is just stupid. You can not, I repeat, you can not be a "great" player if you're not clutch. LeBron James is one of the league's worse players in the clutch, period. Dwyane Wade is a top 3 player in the clutch, and that means EVERYTHING. LeBron can do it for 40 minutes, sure. But when the game is on the line, what is he, like 3/17 or something? That is HORRIBLE.

Wade is in a better class than LeBron. Wade's in the Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson class. When LeBron learns how to come up big late in games, then he can join that class. As far as I'm concerned, LBJ can drop 35/10/10 for all I care...but until he learns how to be a clutch player, he should never be considered as one of the greats.

Oh yeah, and another thing, should we even discuss Wade vs. LeBron on the defensive side? Hell no. That's not even something I'd waste time discussing. LeBron is a piss poor defender 85% of the time, and the other 15% he's decent. Wade is a great defender for the most part, and at 6'4, he'll actually contest any player in the league. How are you gonna be a better player than another when you don't even have a complete game? That's just ridiculous. People compare LeBron to Jordan, yet he's not even on Kobe's level yet.

Blueprint said:
It's funny as hell that people think LeBron is a better player than Wade at this point. LeBron is a better scorer? I don't think so. He needs to take more shots than Wade to score more points. If Wade played in the system that LeBron plays where the entire offense revolves around him, he'd probably be challenging Kobe for the scoring title. Wade plays with Shaq, Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, etc. so he isn't going to drop 30+ a night. Last year, when Shaq was hurt and Wade was not only the #1, but the only big option on the team, I think Wade's numbers were something like 31/6/5 at about 49% shooting.

You can't compare three point shooting as to who is the better player, that's just flat out ridiculous. Dwyane Wade drops 27 a night without taking any three's, outside of halfcourt shots. If the player doesn't need to be an efficient 3-point shooter to score, then using the ability as an argument is just stupid. You can not, I repeat, you can not be a "great" player if you're not clutch. LeBron James is one of the league's worse players in the clutch, period. Dwyane Wade is a top 3 player in the clutch, and that means EVERYTHING. LeBron can do it for 40 minutes, sure. But when the game is on the line, what is he, like 3/17 or something? That is HORRIBLE.

Wade is in a better class than LeBron. Wade's in the Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson class. When LeBron learns how to come up big late in games, then he can join that class. As far as I'm concerned, LBJ can drop 35/10/10 for all I care...but until he learns how to be a clutch player, he should never be considered as one of the greats.

Oh yeah, and another thing, should we even discuss Wade vs. LeBron on the defensive side? Hell no. That's not even something I'd waste time discussing. LeBron is a piss poor defender 85% of the time, and the other 15% he's decent. Wade is a great defender for the most part, and at 6'4, he'll actually contest any player in the league. How are you gonna be a better player than another when you don't even have a complete game? That's just ridiculous. People compare LeBron to Jordan, yet he's not even on Kobe's level yet.

:sidelol:

you a damn homer, thats for sure.

I don't even think this is debateable LeBron is by far a better player. He's missing his 2nd best player in Hughes and has the Cavs currently in the 4 slot in the East. Wade is a very good player but but a better arguement maybe whose better Melo or Wade.

Nappy Roots said:
:sidelol:

you a damn homer, thats for sure.
Actually, no, I am not. I'd be a homer if I said Wade was the best player in the league. How can you be a homer to say Wade's better than LeBron? If that's the case, Kenny The Jet, Charles Barkley, Stephen A., Chad Ford, and many others are "homers" for a team that they are not even fans for. :rolleyes2

I'm as far from being a homer as LeBron is from being a clutch performer (which is VERY far). Go read my posts in the Official Heat thread. I knock the Heat more than a Pistons fan would.

But I know one thing, I've seen LeBron & Wade play more than any member of this forum. I watch every Heat game, and when the Heat aren't playing or it's a boring game, I always check up on the Cavs to watch LeBron, because he's one of the most exciting players to watch. This kid is the complete opposite of clutch, however, and he's not even a decent defender yet.

I'm gonna ask you this...what important ability does LeBron James possess that Dwyane Wade doesn't? And don't say three-point shooting, because I said important. Wade hits the long-range jumper every night now, and he still drops in 27.4 points. Wade has 2 on LeBron, and that's good defense and performing great in the clutch. The defensive liability is fixable, but being clutch? I think that's more of a natural attribute that LeBron will either get better at with experience, or he'll always lack.

djfresh47 said:
I don't even think this is debateable LeBron is by far a better player. He's missing his 2nd best player in Hughes and has the Cavs currently in the 4 slot in the East. Wade is a very good player but but a better arguement maybe whose better Melo or Wade.
That's probably the funniest thing I've read in this entire thread.

Wade is far better than Melo. Are you kidding me? First off, Carmelo Anthony is still going thru the "inconsistent" stages. He hasn't even reached stardom yet. Wade is a sure-fire top 10 player in the league, and you'd be making a mistake to say he's not top 5.

As for Wade & LeBron, you're making even more comedy. Wade isn't far better than LeBron, and LeBron isn't far better than Wade. Stop looking at stats and watch the damn game.

u made good points blueprint. i agree totally. I woudl really liek to see how wade would play in James system were it all revolves around him. Wade is not only clutch on offense but defense as well. I remember atleast 3 times this seaosn he had a tip or a block on the last shot of the game.

also on a side note how old are you chris84chambers? your arguments make you seem like you are 10

Blueprint said:

its alot easier to focus on one guy like lebron..........

name the top 3 clutch scorers i got
1.kobe
2.billups
3.bibby

Finfan86 said:
u made good points blueprint. i agree totally. I woudl really liek to see how wade would play in James system were it all revolves around him. Wade is not only clutch on offense but defense as well. I remember atleast 3 times this seaosn he had a tip or a block on the last shot of the game.

also on a side note how old are you chris84chambers? your arguments make you seem like you are 10

im 15, and there is so many homers on this idc wat i sound like its hard to argue that even wade cant shoot 3's

For the Jailblazers fan that insists on the number of games that Wade has won at the buzzard or hit the game winning shot...that is very difficult to do...

But I will do this...I will give you the ones i know off the top of my head. ( I put alot of thought into this..I even called a friend of mine to refresh my memory)

Rookie Year:

A Game against New Orleans where he scored the last 6 points in the last minute to win a game.

The Game winner against Toronto.

The Game winner against The Clippers.

The Game winner against Dallas in Overtime.

The Game Winner against New Orleans in the Playoffs.

2nd year:

The Game winner against Milwaukee in 2 OT.

The Game winner against Utah.

The Game winner against Boston.

He outdueled KOBE in overtime after SHAQ went to the bench after fouling out. He outscored KOBE 8-0.

The Game winner against the Knicks.

Against New jersey in 2 OT in the first round....he scored the go ahead basket in both OT's and scored the game winner in the 2nd OT.

His performance in the 2004-2005 playoffs was nothing less than insane.

This Year:

The Game winner against New Jersey.

The Game tying basket against NO/Okla City in regulation....the Heat won in OT by 7.

The Game winner against Washington in OT.

Then he hit the game winner in the very next game against Chicago.

The Game winner against Detroit.

That's 16 game winning shots in 2 1/2 years in the NBA....

How many does Bron Bron have again?

Blueprint said:
Actually, no, I am not. I'd be a homer if I said Wade was the best player in the league. How can you be a homer to say Wade's better than LeBron? If that's the case, Kenny The Jet, Charles Barkley, Stephen A., Chad Ford, and many others are "homers" for a team that they are not even fans for. :rolleyes2

I'm as far from being a homer as LeBron is from being a clutch performer (which is VERY far). Go read my posts in the Official Heat thread. I knock the Heat more than a Pistons fan would.

But I know one thing, I've seen LeBron & Wade play more than any member of this forum. I watch every Heat game, and when the Heat aren't playing or it's a boring game, I always check up on the Cavs to watch LeBron, because he's one of the most exciting players to watch. This kid is the complete opposite of clutch, however, and he's not even a decent defender yet.

I'm gonna ask you this...what important ability does LeBron James possess that Dwyane Wade doesn't? And don't say three-point shooting, because I said important. Wade hits the long-range jumper every night now, and he still drops in 27.4 points. Wade has 2 on LeBron, and that's good defense and performing great in the clutch. The defensive liability is fixable, but being clutch? I think that's more of a natural attribute that LeBron will either get better at with experience, or he'll always lack.

im not saying you are a homer for believing that, im saying a homer cause you made it sound like in your post, that Wade is everything, and lebron isnt even on his level, which is completely ludacris.

LeBron has the ability to hit the 3, causing the defender to focus on another part of your game, making you harder to defend. You put Wade on LeBrons team right, or the teams in the past, and have the offense go around wade, and the defense focus on wade, he would not be doing what lebron is doing. Whats Wade gonna do when he gets an open 3 and the they double team him to stop him from getting to the basket? hes going to miss the 3. He could not carry a team the way lebron does. could he carry a team a team to the next level? sure, im not downplaying Wades ability, kid is amazing. But not like LeBron can carry a team.
</IMG>

I dont suppose we can just all agree they are both great players and leave it at that and end the pissing match?? :tongue: probably not but im tryin damnit! :D

chris84chambers said:
its alot easier to focus on one guy like lebron..........

name the top 3 clutch scorers i got
1.kobe
2.billups
3.bibby

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Chauncey Billups

Blueprint said:
That's probably the funniest thing I've read in this entire thread.

Wade is far better than Melo. Are you kidding me? First off, Carmelo Anthony is still going thru the "inconsistent" stages. He hasn't even reached stardom yet. Wade is a sure-fire top 10 player in the league, and you'd be making a mistake to say he's not top 5.

As for Wade & LeBron, you're making even more comedy. Wade isn't far better than LeBron, and LeBron isn't far better than Wade. Stop looking at stats and watch the damn game.[/quot

Melo is a star, I don't believe he's a top 5 player but LeBron is, my top 5 would be in no particular order Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, LeBron, Nash.

Back
Top Bottom