Dwyane Wade or Lebron James? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwyane Wade or Lebron James?

Nappy Roots said:
you made it sound like in your post, that Wade is everything, and lebron isnt even on his level, which is completely ludacris.

No I didn't. You just took it that way. Did you even read my posts? I praised LeBron for everything he does except playing defense and coming up big in the clutch.
Nappy Roots said:
im not saying you are a homer for believing that, im saying a homer cause you made it sound like in your post, that Wade is everything, and lebron isnt even on his level, which is completely ludacris.

LeBron has the ability to hit the 3, causing the defender to focus on another part of your game, making you harder to defend. You put Wade on LeBrons team right, or the teams in the past, and have the offense go around wade, and the defense focus on wade, he would not be doing what lebron is doing. Whats Wade gonna do when he gets an open 3 and the they double team him to stop him from getting to the basket? hes going to miss the 3. He could not carry a team the way lebron does. could he carry a team a team to the next level? sure, im not downplaying Wades ability, kid is amazing. But not like LeBron can carry a team.

You made a lot of false statements there, especially about teams focusing on Wade, forcing him to take the three. How many games has Shaq missed in the past 2 years? It's gotta be atleast over 40. What does Wade average in those games? Like I said, around 31 points a night and 49% shooting. You do not need to shoot the three in order to carry a team, that's just ridiculous. That's like saying a big man MUST be a great shot blocker in order to carry a team. Michael Jordan was a pretty average 3-point shooter, if you would even say that much. You're making too much of a big deal about three point shooting. When teams throw 2 players at Wade, he still gets to the basket anyways! LeBron isn't as nice as he is in doing that, so he has to depend on the three. Still, Wade can drop back and take the long-range 2 with ease. He has developed into an excellent jump shooter. You don't need a 3-point shot to be a good shooter. Rip Hamilton is a fantastic shooter who isn't known for shooting three's.

As for LeBron carrying a team, are you kidding? Like I said, this kid is one of the league's biggest chokers in the clutch, and this if factual. What's gonna happen when he FINALLY carries that team to the playoffs this year, where it's a must for you to come up big in the clutch? They're gonna get their ***** handed to them. Dwyane Wade on the other hand, will not fail you when you need him the most. Sure, everybody misses a game deciding shot if you're gonna take so many (mind you, Wade hasn't missed one yet), but you don't have such a horrible clutch percentage like LeBron does and be able to "carry" a team. Wade has already proven that he can carry a half-decent Shaq-less Heat and play even better basketball when the other team is focusing on him, and him only.

djfresh47 said:
Melo is a star, I don't believe he's a top 5 player but LeBron is, my top 5 would be in no particular order Duncan, Garnett, Kobe, LeBron, Nash.
Here we go again with the incomplete players like Steve Nash, who couldn't play defense to save Canada! And Tim Duncan? Please, the guy is clearly on the decline. If you're still putting Duncan in there, then you're gonna have to include Shaq as well. Neither of those players belong at the moment.

The top 5 players in the league are Kobe, Garnett, Iverson, Wade, & LeBron (see, I'm not a hater - it's just factual that the kid is one of the league's worse clutch performers).

As for Carmelo being a star, that's a pretty premature thing to say. Do you actually watch the Nuggets? Stars put their team on their backs and carry them. Carmelo doesn't have that responsibility. Don't allow stats to fool you. Finally, Melo's having an actual great season by the numbers, putting up 26/5, but seriously, the kid is not a "star" player yet. I wouldn't even put him top 3 from his own draft class. Wade, LeBron, and Chris Bosh are all better players right now. If you wonna debate Melo with anybody, it's gonna have to be Chris Bosh.

Blueprint said:
Here we go again with the incomplete players like Steve Nash, who couldn't play defense to save Canada! And Tim Duncan? Please, the guy is clearly on the decline. If you're still putting Duncan in there, then you're gonna have to include Shaq as well. Neither of those players belong at the moment.

The top 5 players in the league are Kobe, Garnett, Iverson, Wade, & LeBron (see, I'm not a hater - it's just factual that the kid is one of the league's worse clutch performers).

As for Carmelo being a star, that's a pretty premature thing to say. Do you actually watch the Nuggets? Stars put their team on their backs and carry them. Carmelo doesn't have that responsibility. Don't allow stats to fool you. Finally, Melo's having an actual great season by the numbers, putting up 26/5, but seriously, the kid is not a "star" player yet. I wouldn't even put him top 3 from his own draft class. Wade, LeBron, and Chris Bosh are all better players right now. If you wonna debate Melo with anybody, it's gonna have to be Chris Bosh.

Tim Duncan and Steve Nash belong on that list. Nash is having a MVP season again. See you bring up complete players than you take out a guy who is consistently 1st team All-NBA and on the All-Defensive team.

I'm sorry Blueprint, but If you are saying Wade's Defense is better then LeBron's then you are sadly mistaken. Like Pat Riley said...Wade is lacking on Defense right now and he needs to improve If he wants to be elite. I could agree with you on Wade being a Top 10 Player in the league...but not Top 5..not yet. Kobe, Nash, KG, Nowitzki and AI.

Duncan could be added, as could Jason Kidd..

Prime Time said:
I'm sorry Blueprint, but If you are saying Wade's Defense is better then LeBron's then you are sadly mistaken. Like Pat Riley said...Wade is lacking on Defense right now and he needs to improve If he wants to be elite. I could agree with you on Wade being a Top 10 Player in the league...but not Top 5..not yet. Kobe, Nash, KG, Nowitzki and AI.

Duncan could be added, as could Jason Kidd..

NO Prime Time...YOU are mistaken. BIGTIME. Wade is 5 times the defender that Lebron is. Wade has already been named to the 2nd team ALL NBA DEFENSIVE TEAM. Lebron hasn't defended one minute in his life.

You have latched on to one comment that Riley has made and taken it out of context. What Riley was referring too is that Wade should be able to be a shutdown guy while giving us his offense....IE...(What Jordan used to do).

Of those types of players that Riley is talking about...there has been 4 in the history of the NBA....Jordan, Pippen, Kobe, and Isiah Thomas.

Prime Time...that comment was rather ridiculous.

lol Dirk or Kidd over Wade? your nutz. Also for the peerson who said wade would miss hte open 3. His 18 ft shot is as good as their is in the league. So in your scenario he would drive get double teamed and not do anything. So many times this year wade would drive and pull up and hit the 18ft shot. I would rather have him try and drive(because he is the BEST at driving) and if the lane ain't there then pull up and shoot.

I would be very interested in seeing what players Prime Time would take right now over Wade.

I can only make a case for ONE...Lebron...because he is so young....

But I take Wade right now over everybody in the league...if you can give me 25 year old Kobe then I would take him also.

I know, I'm a Heat fan...and biased...BUT....

LeBron James...PLAYS NO DEFENSE! He doesn't even know what it means. Dwyane Wade's defense more than makes up for the scoring disparity between the two players. Many of you in this thread don't even account for defense.

Defense is what made Michael Jordan the best player that ever lived, hands down. Not only could he score almost at will, but he was an outstanding defensive player. He would've been looked at as just another scorer IMO, a great player, but just another scorer. Remember that.

I know someone touched on this earlier, but if you substitute LeBron for D-Wade in their rookie years (no Shaq on the Heat FYI)...the Cavaliers would've made the playoffs, and the Heat would've been on the outside, looking in. Wade carried a team on his BACK into the post-season, as a 4th seed no less. Sure the Eastern Conference was weak, but the Heat did take Indiana to six games and were competitive for the most part in every one.

Section126 said:
NO Prime Time...YOU are mistaken. BIGTIME. Wade is 5 times the defender that Lebron is. Wade has already been named to the 2nd team ALL NBA DEFENSIVE TEAM. Lebron hasn't defended one minute in his life.

You have latched on to one comment that Riley has made and taken it out of context. What Riley was referring too is that Wade should be able to be a shutdown guy while giving us his offense....IE...(What Jordan used to do).

Of those types of players that Riley is talking about...there has been 4 in the history of the NBA....Jordan, Pippen, Kobe, and Isiah Thomas.

Prime Time...that comment was rather ridiculous.

You are so homeristic with this Heat team...

Section126 said:
I would be very interested in seeing what players Prime Time would take right now over Wade.

I can only make a case for ONE...Lebron...because he is so young....

But I take Wade right now over everybody in the league...if you can give me 25 year old Kobe then I would take him also.

If you are talking about taking someone for his entire career, Wade would definetaly be among the top of my list. If I could have someone for ONE season (this year) on my team I'd take Kobe, AI, KG, Nash, Nowitzki etc. over Wade...Wade will be an amazing player..and he is a good If not great right now..he just isn't elite yet. IMO...

Prime Time said:
You are so homeristic with this Heat team...

HUH? What did I say that was inaccurate? Don't cover up your ridiculous statement.

BTW...read the Heat thread...I am far from a homer with them...a Homer doesn't say they will get kiled by the Pistons in 5 or 6.

TerryTate said:

LeBron James...PLAYS NO DEFENSE! He doesn't even know what it means. Dwyane Wade's defense more than makes up for the scoring disparity between the two players. Many of you in this thread don't even account for defense.

Defense is what made Michael Jordan the best player that ever lived, hands down. Not only could he score almost at will, but he was an outstanding defensive player. He would've been looked at as just another scorer IMO, a great player, but just another scorer. Remember that.

I know someone touched on this earlier, but if you substitute LeBron for D-Wade in their rookie years (no Shaq on the Heat FYI)...the Cavaliers would've made the playoffs, and the Heat would've been on the outside, looking in. Wade carried a team on his BACK into the post-season, as a 4th seed no less. Sure the Eastern Conference was weak, but the Heat did take Indiana to six games and were competitive for the most part in every one.

Oh please. Wade might not have had Shaq but he had Odom who had his best performance in a long time. The Heat would've made the playoffs with LeBron. LeBron, Caron, Odom, Rafer...they would have made it.

Section126 said:
HUH? What did I say that was inaccurate? Don't cover up your ridiculous statement.

BTW...read the Heat thread...I am far from a homer with them...a Homer doesn't say they will get kiled by the Pistons in 5 or 6.
:sidelol: :sidelol: My statement was rediculous...you are right...:rolleyes2

Prime Time said:
I'm sorry Blueprint, but If you are saying Wade's Defense is better then LeBron's then you are sadly mistaken.

All I'm gonna say is:

You don't watch much basketball. Come on now, you just said Jason Kidd may be better than Dwyane Wade. :sidelol:

I am officially done with this discussion. Some of the things said in this thread are just ridiculous and sad, no offense to anybody. It's clear that some of you guys don't watch much basketball or possess much basketball knowledge.

TerryTate said:

Thank you.

Ridiculous statements like the ones I've quoted (obviously not this one) = the cause of running me out of this thread. I can't debate when people say things like what has been said in this thread. Some of ya'll are worse than Knicks fans when it comes to basketball talk.

The main reason Cleveland signed Larry Hughes was because of LeBron James' horrible defense. :rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom