Dwyane Wade or Lebron James? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwyane Wade or Lebron James?

Prime Time said:
Oh please. Wade might not have had Shaq but he had Odom who had his best performance in a long time. The Heat would've made the playoffs with LeBron. LeBron, Caron, Odom, Rafer...they would have made it.
Without Dwyane Wade, you now have a completely different game plan on that team. Where is the quickness to feed off of to get Rafer those open looks & free up the outsides for Caron?

1-Alston
2-James
3-Butler
4-Odom
5-Grant

No thanks. That line-up just doesn't feed off of each other like the original one did. The only players there who compliment each other well are LeBron & Odom. On the original team, everybody complimented each other, and everybody actually played defense (atleast Alston tried).

Blueprint said:
All I'm gonna say is:

You don't watch much basketball. Come on now, you just said Jason Kidd may be better than Dwyane Wade. :sidelol:

I am officially done with this discussion. Some of the things said in this thread are just ridiculous and sad, no offense to anybody. It's clear that some of you guys don't watch much basketball or possess much basketball knowledge.

I didn't know Steven A. Smith was signed up to this Forum...

Prime Time said:
I didn't know Steven A. Smith was signed up to this Forum...
I don't see your point..

But I wish he was. As ignorant as he is, at least he knows a thing or two about the game and he'd put up a good argument on whatever the debate is. Some of you guys say the most ridiculous things, like Dwyane Wade isn't a better defender than LeBron James. Come on now, LeBron would probably tell you otherwise. :sidelol:

Blueprint said:
I don't see your point..

But I wish he was. As ignorant as he is, at least he knows a thing or two about the game and he'd put up a good argument on whatever the debate is. Some of you guys say the most ridiculous things, like Dwyane Wade isn't a better defender than LeBron James. Come on now, LeBron would probably tell you otherwise. :sidelol:

Well I never said that Wade wasn't better then LeBron at D..I just said that he isn't an amazing Defender yet. And I would like to take back the Kidd statement :D

Prime Time said:
Well I never said that Wade wasn't better then LeBron at D..I just said that he isn't an amazing Defender yet. And I would like to take back the Kidd statement :D
You should take back the Duncan statement as well, and iono if you included Nash (apologize if you didn't), but if so, there's another one.

Seriously, you can debate Wade vs. any player in the league, and the same goes for guys like LeBron & Iverson (keyword = DEBATE). IMO, the only two who are clearly better right now is Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett.

Allen Iverson doesn't get enough love in these type of discussions. Year by year, he has been the NBA's most consistent player outside of Kobe & KG. I don't think this guy will start to decline until he's 35+. He's getting older, yet he's getting quicker and becoming an even better player (especially passing/ball handling skills)!

Blueprint said:
You should take back the Duncan statement as well, and iono if you included Nash (apologize if you didn't), but if so, there's another one.

Seriously, you can debate Wade vs. any player in the league, and the same goes for guys like LeBron & Iverson (keyword = DEBATE). IMO, the only two who are clearly better right now is Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett.

AI is better then Wade. Steve Nash is playing MVP type Basketball. Wade isn't even being considered MVP as far as I am concerned...

Prime Time said:
If you are talking about taking someone for his entire career, Wade would definetaly be among the top of my list. If I could have someone for ONE season (this year) on my team I'd take Kobe, AI, KG, Nash, Nowitzki etc. over Wade...Wade will be an amazing player..and he is a good If not great right now..he just isn't elite yet. IMO...

:yes:

Blueprint said:

Allen Iverson doesn't get enough love in these type of discussions. Year by year, he has been the NBA's most consistent player outside of Kobe & KG. I don't think this guy will start to decline until he's 35+. He's getting older, yet he's getting quicker and becoming an even better player (especially passing/ball handling skills)!

I think Tim Duncan is clearly better than Kevin Garnett but he still gets no love. What has Kevin Garnett ever lead his team to? He's had good talent around him and has had a good coach, but so far he hasn't gotten to the championship game. I just think it's odd that people don't consider Tim Duncan as one of the top 5 players in the league.

Prime Time said:
:sidelol: :sidelol: My statement was rediculous...you are right...:rolleyes2

Dude....your statement IS Ridiculous. Wade was 2nd team ALL NBA defense...you said a guy that hasn't played defense in his life is better than him defensively.

Your statement quite frankly was not only ridiculous....it was also stupid.

Prime Time said:
AI is better then Wade. Steve Nash is playing MVP type Basketball. Wade isn't even being considered MVP as far as I am concerned...
Come on now, using the MVP situation just isn't fair. That's another popularity contest. Also, AI & Wade are pretty much at the same level. You have to remember, AI is another one who has the game plan's entire focus. He's gonna score more points.

Prime Time said:
Dirk is another one who shouldn't be up there. He's an offensive beast, but he's soft as hell and he's a liability against any big man who can throw it down.

Section126 said:
Dude....your statement IS Ridiculous. Wade was 2nd team ALL NBA defense...you said a guy that hasn't played defense in his life is better than him defensively.

Your statement quite frankly was not only ridiculous....it was also stupid.

When did I say LeBron is better then him Defensively? I don't recall saying it.

Blueprint said:
Come on now, using the MVP situation just isn't fair. That's another popularity contest. Also, AI & Wade are pretty much at the same level. You have to remember, AI is another one who has the game plan's entire focus. He's gonna score more points.

Dirk is another one who shouldn't be up there. He's an offensive beast, but he's soft as hell and he's a liability against any big man who can throw it down.

Why isn't it fair? Last I heard on a Miami Heat segment, Wade had a top-something (5, 10 I don't know the exact #) selling jersey...

Dirk is a 7 foot beast with a jumper...! His defense isn't amazing, but it isn't terrible.

djfresh47 said:
I think Tim Duncan is clearly better than Kevin Garnett but he still gets no love. What has Kevin Garnett ever lead his team to? He's had good talent around him and has had a good coach, but so far he hasn't gotten to the championship game. I just think it's odd that people don't consider Tim Duncan as one of the top 5 players in the league.
The Spurs have always had the PERFECT supporting cast to surround Tim Duncan. I've seen too many games where Duncan shoots 30%, scoring 15 points, and the Spurs beat a damn good team. That system is just unstoppable at times, and the perfect players are in it. When it comes to individual players, KG is far better.

Duncan can be a liability at times, especially the games where he goes 4/21 from the field, and lately, he has done that quite often! That's just ridiculous for a big man. When he's off, he keeps on shooting too..

Prime Time said:
When did I say LeBron is better then him Defensively? I don't recall saying it.

Here Ya go...it was only one page ago...

Prime Time said:
I'm sorry Blueprint, but If you are saying Wade's Defense is better then LeBron's then you are sadly mistaken. Like Pat Riley said...Wade is lacking on Defense right now and he needs to improve If he wants to be elite. I could agree with you on Wade being a Top 10 Player in the league...but not Top 5..not yet. Kobe, Nash, KG, Nowitzki and AI.

Duncan could be added, as could Jason Kidd..

Back
Top Bottom