Dwyane Wade or LeBron James? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dwyane Wade or LeBron James?

Who would you take? Flash or King James?

• Dwyane Wade

Votes: 56 55.4%
  • LeBron James

Votes: 45 44.6%

• Total voters
Amars said:
It must be these 3. Pretty impressive shots under pressure and in the playoffs. I dont know what shot you are talking about the lakers losing that year. The shot rob hit was 2002 and they won the championship that year.

1994 NBA Finals "Big Shot Rob’s" 3-Pointer with seconds
left sealed up a Houston victory over the Knickerbockers

Horry with the Lakers game-winning three-pointer he hit with 0.6 seconds left in Game 4 against the Kings

Horry with the spurs nailing two huge 3-pointers and making a momentum-shifting steal in San Antonio’s enormous win over Denver

The shot he hit last year I believe in game 5 was great also. In sports I don't think anybody is clutch and if people actually played out the numbers they would realize that guys play to their percentages more often than not. I believe Derek Jeter's stats were mentioned in Moneyball and he basically puts up the same type of numbers in the postseason as he does in the regular season. Also isn't every basket/td/hit/goal clutch? If somebody doesn't hit a shot to pull a team within a basket of tying or winning than Horry never gets the opportunity to be the hero. More pressure is involved but still I think being a clutch player is overrated and nobody is clutch they play to their percentages.

djfresh47 said:
The shot he hit last year I believe in game 5 was great also. In sports I don't think anybody is clutch and if people actually played out the numbers they would realize that guys play to their percentages more often than not. I believe Derek Jeter's stats were mentioned in Moneyball and he basically puts up the same type of numbers in the postseason as he does in the regular season. Also isn't every basket/td/hit/goal clutch? If somebody doesn't hit a shot to pull a team within a basket of tying or winning than Horry never gets the opportunity to be the hero. More pressure is involved but still I think being a clutch player is overrated and nobody is clutch they play to their percentages.

I couldnt disagree more. Just look at Vinitari vs. Vanderjack(sp). Vanderjack is a great kicker, and statistically (and percentage wise) the best kicker. But when the team needed a kick in a pressure situation, he shanks it. When Vinitari had to kick in a pressure situation, he nails it every time. That is "clutch"... and I think being "clutch" is how well you deal with pressure, and how well you are able to come through on when you are being really depended on.

FinNasty said:
I couldnt disagree more. Just look at Vinitari vs. Vanderjack(sp). Vanderjack is a great kicker, and statistically (and percentage wise) the best kicker. But when the team needed a kick in a pressure situation, he shanks it. When Vinitari had to kick in a pressure situation, he nails it every time. That is "clutch"... and I think being "clutch" is how well you deal with pressure, and how well you are able to come through on when you are being really depended on.

I can see how that works, but isn't every kick clutch? I've seen Olindo Mare make some kicks that would be labeled clutch but then i've also seen games where he misses a chip shot FG that would potentially change the outcome of the game in the 1st half. Obviously for a kicker the pressure is far greater at the end of the game but if I had more time I would look up Vinatieri's numbers in a dome and compare them with Vanderjaght's and then compare their numbers outdoors.

djfresh47 said:
I can see how that works, but isn't every kick clutch? I've seen Olindo Mare make some kicks that would be labeled clutch but then i've also seen games where he misses a chip shot FG that would potentially change the outcome of the game in the 1st half. Obviously for a kicker the pressure is far greater at the end of the game but if I had more time I would look up Vinatieri's numbers in a dome and compare them with Vanderjaght's and then compare their numbers outdoors.

Thats the point. The definition of coming through in the clutch is steping up and performing at the highest level during the times when the pressure is at its greatest...

FinNasty said:
Thats the point. The definition of coming through in the clutch is steping up and performing at the highest level during the times when the pressure is at its greatest...

Yeah but when their is no pressure the kicks are just as important. Unless the game is a complete blowout every point is valuable. I think the term clutch is very overrated people get caught up in it because that is what highlight shows keep showing us. Vinatieri is a HOF kicker who has been playing in an outdoor stadium in a place where weather can be very bad. Vanderjaght has been indoors, I expect Vinatieri to put up similar numbers to Vanderjaght's now that he is kicking indoors.

Alright heres a question for people who chose Lebron!

Will you change your mind if Wade wins a championship?

I am not saying this to put anything in peoples faces I am just wondering with a ring on Wades finger will you feel more confident that hes the better talent!

Did game 3 and 4 just answer this question for all you haters? D-Weezey is the real deal!!! Quit hating, just realize what you all are witnessing. :hail:

stryker said:
Did game 3 and 4 just answer this question for all you haters? D-Weezey is the real deal!!! Quit hating, just realize what you all are witnessing. :hail:

WTF:confused: :confused: :confused:

who's hating? Some just think lebron is a better pick he's only 21. The poll show that and that poll will be more lopsided if it wasnt on a message board for a miami team.

Can I have both? :tongue:

I'll use LeBron in the first 2 quarters and Wade in the 3rd and 4th. :yes:

wazzy said:
Alright heres a question for people who chose Lebron!

Will you change your mind if Wade wins a championship?

I am not saying this to put anything in peoples faces I am just wondering with a ring on Wades finger will you feel more confident that hes the better talent!

No. Lebron I think will have the same effect Micheal Jordan had in the east. He will simply dominate the Eastern Conference single handly for many years. The Cavs should of been in the Eastern Conf Champ. game. If they can get the right coach in there it can make a big difference. The Cavs are a young team with alot of good players. Lebron is 21 and he will elevate his game to dominating everyone in the next 2 years. If the heats are going to win a championship they need to do it this year because that window is closing.

Amars said:
WTF:confused: :confused: :confused:

who's hating? Some just think lebron is a better pick he's only 21. The poll show that and that poll will be more lopsided if it wasnt on a message board for a miami team.

haha... chill... my brother is just playin around. :lol: He was more refering to some of the guys that were saying that he wasnt even a top 5 player and that he was overrated...

Amars said:
No. Lebron I think will have the same effect Micheal Jordan had in the east. He will simply dominate the Eastern Conference single handly for many years. The Cavs should of been in the Eastern Conf Champ. game. If they can get the right coach in there it can make a big difference. The Cavs are a young team with alot of good players. Lebron is 21 and he will elevate his game to dominating everyone in the next 2 years. If the heats are going to win a championship they need to do it this year because that window is closing.

Closing? Please... it has only just opened...

FinNasty said:
Closing? Please... it has only just opened...
Honestly shaq only has 2 yrs left. He a major part why the heats are in the playoffs. Like i said earlier, Lebron will elevate his game to dominating the East that it will have the Micheal Jordan effect. No team had a chance when Micheal dominated the East.

Back
Top Bottom