Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun

unclemonty

Dolphins, Buckeyes, MMA, and hot chicks
Reaction score
I believe OGUN will not get the contract he wants here. We cannot afford another huge salary on defense. I like him just as much as the next guy, but we have to spend some money on Offense. Remember people we still have D-Bo (no more changing lightbulbs), J Williams, NFLE standout L Williams (injured), and young sensation O Grigsby. I think we will be just fine without him. That being said, I think the Washington Redskins will sign him, and we will get their first round pick (which will probably be top 10)

1st round-pick #9- (from Washington for RFA Adewale Ogunleye 2004)- Reggie Williams-WR-Washington- Fitzgerald leaving lets him slide to us, serious threat, great opposite Chambers, instant starter back-up plan:
a. Rashaun Woods-WR-Okla St,
b. Ben Roethlisberger-QB-Miami (OH), or
c. Robert Gallery-OT-Iowa

1st round- Vernon Carey-OT-Miami- very versatile lineman, can play tackle or guard, great fit for years to come back-up plan:
a. Nat Dorsey-OT-Georgia Tech,
b. Philip Rivers-QB-NC State, or
c. Lee Evans-WR-Wisconsin

2nd round- to New England for Wade Smith 2003

3rd round- Tim Anderson-DT-Ohio State-GREAT work ethic, very underrated, 1st round talent, replacement for T Bowens back-up:
a. Isaac Sopoaga-DT-Hawaii
b. Tony Pape-OT-Michigan
c. Matt Schaub-QB-Virginia

4th round- Will Allen-S-Ohio State- underrated hard-hitting playmaker that really lays the wood, solid starter for years
a. Luke McCown-QB-Louisiana Tech

5th round- to San Diego for Junior Seau 2003

6th round- Niko Koutouvides-LB-Purdue or teamate
Landon Johnson-LB-Purdue both very fast, tough backers to eventually replace Seau or Greenwood back-up plan:
a. Ryan Dinwiddie-QB-Boise St
b. Ell Roberson-QB-Kansas State

7th round- (from New Orleans for Derrick Rodgers 2003)-
Lenny Vandemade-OG-USC or
Anthony Herrera-OG-Tennessee back-up plan:
a. Jeff Smoker-QB-Michigan St
b. Josh Harris-QB-Bowling Green

7th round- Nate Jones-CB-Rutgers or Stanford Samuels-CB-Florida St

There it is my first Dolphin Mock Draft for 2004!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, in retro-spect, that wade smith draft wasn't so bad. I hated giving up a second rounder for a third rounder, but he's not the worst linemen on the team, and I think he'll be a really really good linemen down the road. How far down the road is the question, I think this year will do him good. That said, this year is deep in OL, and it would have been nice to have a 2nd round pick to compliment two (possible) first round picks. That would leave it wide open for a T with the top pick, if your #1 man would stillb e there (and he probably would), then take our WR Or Rivers (depending if you want to risk waiting until low second round to pick up Rivers.....I think if we waited and we have a low pick he'd be gone, so we'd need to pick up a WR low in the second)

We would have to get a high 1st for Wally to land Reggie Williams. I'm not sure Williams is a #2 receiver, BTW. He is a standout #1 IMO. Woods or Michael Clayton of LSU are stronger possibilities. It's Robert Gallery not Nick Gallery and he could be the #1 overall pick. We have NO shot at him.

Carey and Dorsey would be good picks, Rivers is, again IMO, not a 1st rounder. Lee Evans' height will work against him. The guy is 5'8. Despite his obvious talent, I think the 2 knee injuries and the size will knock him down some.

Anderson looks a decent selection - there are a number of 3rd round DT's that could get a look - Chad Pugh, Corey Williams, Dwan Edwards, Rodney Leisle, Jordan Carstens. I think Anderson may end up going late 2. I do think DT will be a high priority. Andrew Walter has indicated that he will stay at Arizona State. If he declares, he'll be a 1st rounder. Of the others, Will Allen may go higher than that; McCown has flashed ability but has been a little inconsistent, Dinwiddie is too small

Originally posted by Boomer
We would have to get a high 1st for Wally to land Reggie Williams. I'm not sure Williams is a #2 receiver, BTW. He is a standout #1 IMO. Woods or Michael Clayton of LSU are stronger possibilities. It's Robert Gallery not Nick Gallery and he could be the #1 overall pick. We have NO shot at him.

Carey and Dorsey would be good picks, Rivers is, again IMO, not a 1st rounder. Lee Evans' height will work against him. The guy is 5'8. Despite his obvious talent, I think the 2 knee injuries and the size will knock him down some.

Anderson looks a decent selection - there are a number of 3rd round DT's that could get a look - Chad Pugh, Corey Williams, Dwan Edwards, Rodney Leisle, Jordan Carstens. I think Anderson may end up going late 2. I do think DT will be a high priority. Andrew Walter has indicated that he will stay at Arizona State. If he declares, he'll be a 1st rounder. Of the others, Will Allen may go higher than that; McCown has flashed ability but has been a little inconsistent, Dinwiddie is too small

My scenario has Washington signing Ogun (top 10 pick)
Thanx for the input and correction. I don't know why I wrote Nick LOL. I sure as h@ll know who he is seeing him play almost every week. I don't think we have much of a shot at him, that's why I put him last. If he were to fall to us though, I would assume we would snag him. Andrews could be the first OT selected, and it is possible for Gallery to fall around the ten area. I'm not as sold on Clayton as I am on Woods or Williams(both) or Fitzgerald.

Lee Evans is not 5'8"LOL. Everything I've ever read lists him at 5'11" around 200 lbs. There is no way he is that short. Yes, though, the injuries could be a concern. I just think it is very possible that we draft him since Wanny has ties to Alvarez and, Chambers and Evans would be really happy together. I think Rivers will go late 1st or early second. Mark my words this guy will be special. Yeah he has a low release point and needs to work on footwork, but he is a LEADER and has the quickest release since Marino. His team was decimated by injuries, and he still put together an incredible season. I think he will be a franchise QB in a few years. If we want him, we have to grab him here.

DT will be a priority for us. Bowens could very likely be gone after this year. I've talked to T. Anderson personally, as well as several other Buckeyes, and this guy has a great attitude. All of the other guys really respect the hell out of him. He's the kind of guy you want on your football team. He has been underrated and overshadowed the last couple of years. He's finally getting some respect this year. Yeah, Will Allen is really tough to figure out where he will go right now. It could be anywhere between rounds 2-6!!!!!!!

The latest I've seen on Andrew Walter has him close to signing an agent. We all know what that means!!!

"Here's a position-by-position look at where, based on information available to us, the top prospects might be leaning. We're not suggesting that final decisions have been made or that money (or rims) have changed hands. We're saying only that, as of right now, the top prospects likely are leaning toward the agents to whom their names are linked below."
Quarterback
1. Eli Manning, Mississippi -- IMG
2. JP Losman, Tulane -- Gary Wichard
3. Andrew Walter, Arizona -- Eric Metz
4. Cody Pickett, Washington -- Leigh Steinberg

Thanx for the input!!!!! You definitely know your sheeeeet!!!!
We'll discuss all of this when the time draws nearer, and the picture is clearer. PEACE!!!!
(I definitely have alot more knowledge of the Big Ten and Mac, since I consistently see them play. Stats can only tell you so much)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I have a question, let's say we lose Marion to free agency or he retires and Freeman goes to free agency also. If Sean Taylor would drop to us (assuming we had Washington's top 10 pick), would you pick him?

lol funny you bring taylor up... because i've been mentioning his name. i would pick him ASAP! Sean Taylor is a ball hawk with SPEED! he also does returning duty.

but O-gun will stay in miami... just because we shouldn't invest more money into D doesn't mean we won't and we NEED ogun...

This years draft has great potential...

If Ogunleye signs with another team and we get a first round pick out of it, we will probably trade down, maybe into the second round, to get a few extra picks. However, I think we would stick with the better of the first round picks, and take a WR. With our second pick in the draft, we would most likely draft a guard or tackle. Both will be needs, and since Todd Wade will most likely leave, we will really need a RT.

Originally posted by Boomer
Lee Evans' height will work against him. The guy is 5'8. Despite his obvious talent,

:lol: that's a first. Lee Evans is 5'11/205.

Originally posted by gunsnroses
Ok, I have a question, let's say we lose Marion to free agency or he retires and Freeman goes to free agency also. If Sean Taylor would drop to us (assuming we had Washington's top 10 pick), would you pick him?

Marion still has three years left on his contract. Taylor is a beast I agree, but I think we have greater needs. We probably will lose Freeman, he's not happy here, and we have no say left in what he does.

It's too early for one of these (there will be about 600 of them in a couple of months.) Let's all just focus upon the four games that are about to be played and not on "what if" scenarios that really have no basis in reality yet.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
This years draft has great potential...

Yep, this is a GREAT class. If we do lose Ogun to RFA, this is the perfect year to do it. Phenominal talent this year!!!!

Vernon Carey was part of the "Fearsome Fatsome" at Northwestern High in Miami. I'd love to see that dude anchor his hometown line for years to come....inside or out. He's a beast.

Originally posted by Muck
Vernon Carey was part of the "Fearsome Fatsome" at Northwestern High in Miami. I'd love to see that dude anchor his hometown line for years to come....inside or out. He's a beast.

Muck, may I be the first one to tell you I have loved viewing your sigs this year. They have rocked.

Back
Top Bottom