Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun

Why are we sure wash signs wally? I think Buffalo may make a move on him. they will be looking for a De in the 1st rd anyway and walyy is young and "proven." I would hate to compete against wally year after year.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
Why are we sure wash signs wally? I think Buffalo may make a move on him. they will be looking for a De in the 1st rd anyway and walyy is young and "proven." I would hate to compete against wally year after year.

I'm not, that is a complete guess. Buffalo would be a good fit for him also. Arizona is really lacking a pass rush as well, but their pick will be too high to give up.

All Bills need is a solid pass rusher.. then their defense will be dominant.. Not sure I would want Miami to take part in aiding them that way...

The offseason is definetely the best part of the season.. Specifically the draft.. So many options and interesting to see which way our team goes..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
All Bills need is a solid pass rusher.. then their defense will be dominant.. Not sure I would want Miami to take part in aiding them that way...

EXACTLY:cry:

Originally posted by Boomer

As for Lee Evans - yes, Wisconsin do list him at 5'11, but trust me, he is not 5'11.

:rolleyes2

Why do disagree with somone saying he's not 5-11? I played football at a small school and they listed me at 5-11 and I'm 5-91/2.

It happens all the time.

Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
hmmm... im no so sure. to be honest ogun is a great DE... but taylor is getting doubled and tripled at times.... could that be why hes so good? maybe hes no as good as we think. damn all he has to do is beat one guy. but maybe its not so much like that? :S.... al i know is i trust dave's desicion.

I would not think so because ive seen the guy just bull through people like no tommorrow. there is no doubt he is good/great. but JT does give him an edge. He is good against the run too. cant beat that. he is the real deal.

Re: Re: Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

Couple of things for you to consider:
1) Fitzgerald cannot go early b/c he is only 20 and the league won't draft him that young. That's what Clarrett is trying to do - I doubt his suit will be finished by then and the odds of his winning are not all that great.

here is where i found this article.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I have also read that if he challenges to go, he has an 85-90% chance of winning draft eligibility

FITZGERALD PLANNING TO PULL A CLARETT?

One of our readers asked us a few weeks back if we thought the Raiders might draft Pitt receiver Larry Fitzgerald. In response, we explained that Fitzgerald won't be in the 2004 draft pool, since (like Maurice Clarett) he is a true sophomore.

Clarett already has filed suit to force his way into next April's draft. According to the New York Times, Fitzgerald also could be looking for a way to make the leap to the next level.

Unlike Clarett, Fitzgerald apparently would apply for an exemption from the rule that prevents a player from entering the draft less than three years after graduating from high school. With Clarett's suit pending, however, there's simply no way that the NFL will be making an exception for anyone, since such a move surely would be used against them in Clarett's case.

"The way I've looked at it is, I don't worry about somebody else's rules; rules are made to be broken or amended," said Fitzgerald's father, Larry Fitzgerald Sr.

The Times report was published on Friday. Later in the day, NFL spokesman Vince Casey reiterated the rule, but declined to discuss Fitzgerald specifically.

Per the Washington Post, Fitzgerald might be able to finagle a way around the three-year requirement. It turns out that, midway through his senior year in high school, he transferred to Valley Forge Military Academy in Pennsylvania. He spent one-and-a-half years at Valley Forge before graduating in 2002.

But his original high school class in Minnesota graduated in 2001, which would make him eligible to make the jump now.

On Friday, Fitzgerald's father said he would request a diploma from his original high school, if necessary.

"If my son says he wants to do something," he said, "I'll fight for him to do it. . . . I haven't called anyone about the rule. I haven't worried about it. It's not going to change anything. Right now, he is there [at Pittsburgh] taking classes and catching passes."

Originally posted by finfan54

I would not think so because ive seen the guy just bull through people like no tommorrow. there is no doubt he is good/great. but JT does give him an edge. He is good against the run too. cant beat that. he is the real deal.

I agree he is the real deal, but the fact is we can't afford another big contract on defense. JT and his stats (except sacks) are almost identical and lately he has been receiving as many (if not more) double-teams as well. At least if someone else takes him this year, we will get a first rounder and maybe a first and a third. We can't have everything, and our Offense could definitely use a boost. This is a great draft class!!!

Udezi is a really nice DE. Along with Antwan Odom at Alabama and Mathis Kiwanuka of BC, I think these are three very solid underclassmen ends.

Every time I'v seen him he's just been explosive. He gets off teh snap in a hurry - not the Taylor/freeney 1st step, but he drives out of his stance and has decent moves. He's very athletic for someone at 275 and rarely gets shoved off his feet. He also has the closing burst to the QB once he gets round the T. He sheds well and diagnoses run quickly from his rush, breaking off and cutting the lane down. He's a decent run stopper, but it's an area that he needs to improve upon. Overall he's a great talent with solid R1 potential. I would say that he should return to USC to maximise his talent and anotehr solid year will see him up around the top 10 mark. Top notch pass rushers are hard to come by and every time I see Udezi that's what he looks like. But he is apparently going to enter the draft off the back of his 12.5 sack, 20 TFL season. It will be interesting to see the Oregon State game Saturday and see how he plays.

roethlisberger versus harris tonight......if we get someones number one for ogun i believe well be in striking range for big ben

Back
Top Bottom