Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun

The way I see it, it ain't the Redskins. They may have gotten the clue by now, and Champ Bailey is a FA. It might be the Bills or Pats unfortunately, but I actually think that it might be the Giants who have Strahan going into FA, or maybe the Bengals. Vikings are possibilities too. The pick ranges from about spot 15-25. That will get us a WR, but not Reggie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am all for trading down with our second 1st rounder pick as well into the 2nd. Get an extra 3 and 4, and draft Jonathan Vilma. I know very well you Miami guys will get on me for this, but yes he is going down in draft stock. He looks like a second rounder at this point. He will be our backup MLB, gain bulk and help out Z.T. so he gets injured less and eventually replace him.

if they pass on roethlisberger it would be pathetic........ he has it all

I thought the same thing about Big Ben. He'll go really high if these teams with inconsistent QB's continue to be inconsistent.

ie Arizona and Pitt

Ya definitely. He is Ryan Leaf without the attitude, although I don't know if he will go #2.

would i would like to see wannspeil do: hopefully ogun will get at least a top 15 pick, trade our #2 1st rounder for and 2nd and 3rd or 4th, pick up re williams, mi. clayton, or woods with the top 15 pick, and take rivers with the 2nd rounder. if he's gone, although i think his delievery will scare some, take an OL, and go QB with the 3rd rounder

Originally posted by unclemonty
1st round- Vernon Carey-OT-Miami

LOL, Carey wont be on the board to take with the 32nd pick of the first round. :)

Re: Re: Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun

Originally posted by Surferosa

LOL, Carey wont be on the board to take with the 32nd pick of the first round. :)

someone's a little hopeful, now arent they? :D

I love all this CANES talk Vilma,Taylor,Carey.....I love the Canes good stuff. I would love to talk "what if" far more then argue about the QB's any day. Vilma & Taylor would be fantastic I think Rivers and Fitzgerald would be just as nice. I say keep both first rounders and get a QB and receiver then go after the line with 3 & 4. If we can get another first for Ogun. I would be happy if we kept him as well.

Re: Re: Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun

Originally posted by Surferosa

Hey, I was actually thinking the same thing when I did this mock draft. I based it on current records though. Carey is expected to be drafted somewhere in the 20s and that is where we currently sit by record. I agree though, we will hopefully draft 32!!!!

Originally posted by Jaj
The way I see it, it ain't the Redskins. They may have gotten the clue by now, and Champ Bailey is a FA. It might be the Bills or Pats unfortunately, but I actually think that it might be the Giants who have Strahan going into FA, or maybe the Bengals. Vikings are possibilities too. The pick ranges from about spot 15-25. That will get us a WR, but not Reggie.

The Cardinals could REALLY use Ogun. NOBODY GETS ANY PRESSURE ON THE QB ON THEIR TEAM. They have a SERIOUS need at DE as well as several other pressing needs (QB for one). I seriously doubt they would give up their pick. But if they sign a free agent QB, you never know. They were extremely weird in the draft last year (trading down to basically save $$$$). Their sack leader only has 3 sacks. That would be AWESOME to get their pick (hello Eli Manning, Roy, Reggie, or Fitzgerald)!!!!!!!!

If we got rid of Wally - IF - then Sean Taylor, IMO is the best defender in college ball and would be a HUGE selection.

As for Lee Evans - yes, Wisconsin do list him at 5'11, but trust me, he is not 5'11.

i think wally will go Rosenhaus will get someone to bite on his price we should then receive a 1st and a 3rd with two number ones im taking a qb and a wr with two number 3's im grabbing a lineman and a DT i think we'll land a lineman in free agency also

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
I love all this CANES talk Vilma,Taylor,Carey.....I love the Canes good stuff. I would love to talk "what if" far more then argue about the QB's any day. Vilma & Taylor would be fantastic I think Rivers and Fitzgerald would be just as nice. I say keep both first rounders and get a QB and receiver then go after the line with 3 & 4. If we can get another first for Ogun. I would be happy if we kept him as well.

A lot of studs in this years draft!!!!
My personal choice would be Philip Rivers. I just don't know if Wanny will have the balls to take him!!! He will be really special. Reminds me of 1983 where about five other QB go ahead of someone else. We ALL know what happened here. They said Marino "pushed" the ball instead of throwing it. They are saying similar things about Rivers. He also has the same Ultra-quick release that Dan had. His release point is lower than most, same as D Carr, and Carr has already been corrected. NC State had hella injuries this year and Rivers still was awesome. He will be an INCREDIBLE QB for years to come. I'd bet my car and girlfriend on it anyday of the week.

Does your girlfriend know about this?? :)

Back
Top Bottom