Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun

i got to say this rivers is interesting some people say hes gonna be the next big deal and others say he wont make it , i tend to think he will .... guys like flutie were never supposed to get the ball out either because of size but hes done well if the kid is a player and he obviously is........ someone will find a way to get the best out of him

Originally posted by Boomer
Does your girlfriend know about this?? :)

LOL!!!!!
If I lose her, I'll just find another!!! Strip clubs always have a lot of potential LOL!!!

I'm going to get to the bottom of this Lee Evans height thing. I'll ask some Buckeyes how tall they think he is. He sure looked big when he burnt Gamble to beat us!!!!! I'll let ya know what I find out.

Originally posted by nyfinzfan
i got to say this rivers is interesting some people say hes gonna be the next big deal and others say he wont make it , i tend to think he will .... guys like flutie were never supposed to get the ball out either because of size but hes done well if the kid is a player and he obviously is........ someone will find a way to get the best out of him

Size is not an issue with Rivers. He is 6'5" 235 lbs. He has a problem with a low release point of the football. Kind of a mix between Carr's and Marino's "problems". I personally see no problem with Marino or Carr for that matter.

If you could put Bernie Kosar, David Carr, and Dan Marino in a blender you would have Philip Rivers!!!!!! That sounds like one tasty daquiri to me!!!!

yeah i know his size the flutie comment was just a reference for all the people who said hed get everything batted down....... i think youre right Miami should order up that daquiri come draft day

I got an e-mail from a colleague at Wisconsin who says that Evans is 5-11 in heels. I think at the Combine he'll end up being 5-9. I agree that he looks bigger than he is. I don't think we'll get a definite answer till Senior Bowl/Combine time.

I got an e-mail from a colleague at Wisconsin who says that Evans is 5-11 in heels. I think at the Combine he'll end up being 5-9. I agree that he looks bigger than he is. I don't think we'll get a definite answer till Senior Bowl/Combine time.

Cool, I too will try to find out from Gamble. Who do you want us to get?????

Who do I want us to draft? Sean Taylor, Roy Williams, Robert Gallery, Larry Fitzgerald in a perfect world.

Who do I think we'll get? Nick Leckey, David Baas, Chris Snee, Vernon Carey, Nat Dorsey, Michael Clayton, Rashaun Woods, Michael Jenkins. Someone like that.

I am telling you right now, if Roethlisberger is there and we don't draft him I will be pizzed. The kid is for real and doesn't need much if any corrections to his mechanics. Take Big Ben and all will end up happy.

Who do I want us to draft? Sean Taylor, Roy Williams, Robert Gallery, Larry Fitzgerald in a perfect world.

Who do I think we'll get? Nick Leckey, David Baas, Chris Snee, Vernon Carey, Nat Dorsey, Michael Clayton, Rashaun Woods, Michael Jenkins. Someone like that.

I'll puke if we pick Leckey, Baas, or Snee in the first with all of the WRs available. We would definitely have to trade down if we were taking one of those three. Any of the other five would be fine with me. I'm hoping for a WR, but we could really use a lineman as well. We need to add a second round pick somehow if Ogun stays. I think Ogun will be a goner for sure though. Why don't you believe in Rivers?? He will be awesome, move him up your board LOL!!!!

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
I am telling you right now, if Roethlisberger is there and we don't draft him I will be pizzed. The kid is for real and doesn't need much if any corrections to his mechanics. Take Big Ben and all will end up happy.

Where are you from????

Originally posted by unclemonty
I believe OGUN will not get the contract he wants here. We cannot afford another huge salary on defense. I like him just as much as the next guy, but we have to spend some money on Offense. Remember people we still have D-Bo (no more changing lightbulbs), J Williams, NFLE standout L Williams (injured), and young sensation O Grigsby. I think we will be just fine without him. That being said, I think the Washington Redskins will sign him, and we will get their first round pick (which will probably be top 10)

1st round-pick #9- (from Washington for RFA Adewale Ogunleye 2004)- Reggie Williams-WR-Washington- Fitzgerald leaving lets him slide to us, serious threat, great opposite Chambers, instant starter back-up plan:
a. Rashaun Woods-WR-Okla St,
b. Ben Roethlisberger-QB-Miami (OH), or
c. Robert Gallery-OT-Iowa

1st round- Vernon Carey-OT-Miami- very versatile lineman, can play tackle or guard, great fit for years to come back-up plan:
a. Nat Dorsey-OT-Georgia Tech,
b. Philip Rivers-QB-NC State, or
c. Lee Evans-WR-Wisconsin

2nd round- to New England for Wade Smith 2003

There it is my first Dolphin Mock Draft for 2004!!!!!!!

Couple of things for you to consider:
1) Fitzgerald cannot go early b/c he is only 20 and the league won't draft him that young. That's what Clarrett is trying to do - I doubt his suit will be finished by then and the odds of his winning are not all that great.

2) O-Gun is a Restricted Free Agent. We don't have to pay him big bucks. We will sign him to the top level restriction (meaning about a $1.3 - 1.5 M contract, and then he can go to someone else - but they have to give us a 1st and a 3rd or we can match). I don't see us letting him go unless it's a decent 1st rounder. And, the teams near the end of the draft in round 1 will have less need and less $$$.

3) As to players - it's way too early to tell - some of those guys you have will drop off the radar b/c of speed or some other shortcoming; others will skyrocket b/c of speed/workout. But, with respect to your positions: WR then OL - not bad. Three positions we need to upgrade: WR, OL and QB. One needs to come via free agency (ideally, QB).

On the OL - you mention the Miami guy. He could be a good one; but, I'm not concerned so much about versatility as much as a guy who can be plugged in as a starter immediately.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
What can ya tell me about DE Kenechi Udeze? :)

He's no Ogun who we'll give you for the small price of a first and third round pick LOL!!!!!

Re: Re: Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

Couple of things for you to consider:
1) Fitzgerald cannot go early b/c he is only 20 and the league won't draft him that young. That's what Clarrett is trying to do - I doubt his suit will be finished by then and the odds of his winning are not all that great.

2) O-Gun is a Restricted Free Agent. We don't have to pay him big bucks. We will sign him to the top level restriction (meaning about a $1.3 - 1.5 M contract, and then he can go to someone else - but they have to give us a 1st and a 3rd or we can match). I don't see us letting him go unless it's a decent 1st rounder. And, the teams near the end of the draft in round 1 will have less need and less $$$.

3) As to players - it's way too early to tell - some of those guys you have will drop off the radar b/c of speed or some other shortcoming; others will skyrocket b/c of speed/workout. But, with respect to your positions: WR then OL - not bad. Three positions we need to upgrade: WR, OL and QB. One needs to come via free agency (ideally, QB).

On the OL - you mention the Miami guy. He could be a good one; but, I'm not concerned so much about versatility as much as a guy who can be plugged in as a starter immediately.

1. Fitzgerald's situation is different than Clarett's. He will be three years removed from his high school graduating class of 2001. He attended a year and a half of prep school in the middle of his senior year. Experts say, he has a 90% chance of winning if he decides to go. He is starting to maybe lean that way.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

2.approximately 1.43 million tender= first rounder
approximately 1.98 million tender= first and third rounders
If someone makes him a big offer, we CANNOT match it. We don't have the cap space to do this. I highly doubt us offering him a big contract. We have to spend some money on Offense. Ogun is good, but our core D $$$ is already spent.

3. Yes, the combine and workouts will definitely help or hurt these guys. This projection is based on current play and prospect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom