Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Early Dolphin Mock Draft 2004 -Ogun

Originally posted by Graythreat
You know, in retro-spect, that wade smith draft wasn't so bad. I hated giving up a second rounder for a third rounder, but he's not the worst linemen on the team, and I think he'll be a really really good linemen down the road. How far down the road is the question, I think this year will do him good. That said, this year is deep in OL, and it would have been nice to have a 2nd round pick to compliment two (possible) first round picks. That would leave it wide open for a T with the top pick, if your #1 man would stillb e there (and he probably would), then take our WR Or Rivers (depending if you want to risk waiting until low second round to pick up Rivers.....I think if we waited and we have a low pick he'd be gone, so we'd need to pick up a WR low in the second)

Funny, I was just thinking the opposite as I looked at that. As I thought about this last season, it would have been worth not having Smith and have a 2nd rounder. I'm not sold on Smith yet. I also think we could do better with that 2nd round pick.

And, we still need Offensive linemen. So, who knows.

Not sold? The guy struggled in two games, because he doesn't have enough muscle to handle speed rushers give him a break.

He is our future LT. We got a gigantic steal compared to what most teams have to do to get LTs.

Originally posted by unclemonty
That being said, I think the Washington Redskins will sign him, and we will get their first round pick (which will probably be top 10)

I don't have much problem with your picks. But, the odds of the Redskins (or anyone else for that matter), giving up a top 10 pick for Ogunleye are about as good as my winning the lottery.

We're delusional to think that. We can build up Wale all we want, but teams aren't going to pass up a top pick for him. Especially the Redskins now that they have Joe Gibbs. He's not that dumb.

It's fun to "pipe dream" but we should be elated if Ogun signs with almost ANYONE and we get a 1st round pick out of it.

Back
Top Bottom