Edmunds Vs. Smith | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edmunds Vs. Smith

I feel that both won’t make it to 11. However, Evans is worth a look but not at 11

I’m tired of drafting “potential” and not ever seeing the potential, so between the two I’d take Smith. Not a big fan of either player overall though. Smith to me isn’t an elite MLB like a Keuchly, so I don’t think he warrants a 1st round pick as a 4-3 OLB.

My strategy rounds 1 - 3 is to hit doubles and triples (proven players without injury history) in round 1, instead of swinging for the fences (possible great potential guys).

The Vikings are great at this.

Last edited:
On the fense. I like both. I would lean towards youth and Edmonds but Smith seems more game ready. I would be happy with either

I would be surprised if he was there (or Smith), but if so, I would go with Edmunds. What do we have to lose? He should be at least as good as what we have out of the gate, in a bigger and faster package, but if he can reach his potential he could really make a difference as a perennial all-pro.

I would draft Edmunds over Smith, and its not even close for me. I just don't see Smith being a star at the next level. I think he could be a solid, above average player if everything pans out for him in the NFL, but he doesn't give you a chance at drafting a potential star at No. 11. I'm not even sure Smith should be a 1st rounder...maybe tail end of the 1st. And no, I'm not crazy.

Personally I like rashawn Evans as much. We can trade down as many as fifteen spots and still get him.

Personally I like rashawn Evans as much. We can trade down as many as fifteen spots and still get him.

I would draft Evans over Smith and wouldn't think twice about it. I think Evans at 11 is too high for me though. If we trade down, he's certainly a possibility.

I'd say Smith for playing in the SEC, the toughest college division. He played against other fast, tough opponets.

But IF we had the right coaches, we could teach Edmund's to develop his freakishly athletic abilities.

I just hope both of them do not become Dion Jordan 2.0
Ugh the infamous SEC is the greatest argument. Georgia played all of three legit teams before the SEC champ game: Notre Dame, Miss St. And Aubrun. And ND isn't in the SEC. All their other games were against garbage teams: App St., Tenn, Kentucky Gators, Vandy etc.

No worries.

They’ll **** this up royally by trading up to get Baker or Rosen. Then they’ll take a S or DT in the third, followed by the obligatory WR (that we sure as hell don’t need) in the 4th. Maybe a LB or TE in the 4th as well.

Lord, I hope I’m wrong. Shows how much faith I have in the FO.

I would not take either in first rd. Roquan because he did not test, and Edmunds because he does not match up to some of the other guys in testing to be selected that high. Plus this draft is deep in inside linebackers compared to other years. I think the value is in 2nd round and after with guys like: Malik Jefferson, Jerome Baker, Genard Avery, Shaq Griffin, Oren Burks, Kenny Young, Dorian O'Daniel, and even Fred Warner.

Back
Top Bottom