Edmunds Vs. Smith | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Edmunds Vs. Smith

To me there’s a good chance both will dramatically improve our d. But both have things to be worries about. Like others have said, edmunds struggled in the big games and his instincts are still developing so there’s no telling where they’ll end up.

Smith has all the speed and instincts you could ever want in a new age LB but there’s been games where a team ran right at him with either a fullback blocking or a lineman getting to the second level and it ruined him. In the right scheme and coaching smith will be a monster. In the wrong scheme he could not do that well. I think Roquan does fit what we need. He brings the sideline to sideline speed and the coverage ability. We desperately need both.

Edmunds is almost like the best of both Raekwon and Roquan. But we don’t necessarily need that. Speed, instincts and coverage are what we lack. If we didn’t already have Raekwon it would be an easy choice. Edmunds 10 times out of 10. But next to Raekwon the choice is tougher. Personally I’m leaning towards smith by a hair but edmunds size and physicality are pretty amazing and would be very exciting to watch in a fins uni.

Edmunds is better. Smith can't shed blocks and is a sideline to sideline guy. Edmunds can do it all. Let's not forget how bad Smith was when Oklahoma ran right at him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom