ELITE secondary | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ELITE secondary

Why have they not been played correctly? Please explain
We decided the top FS in the NFL was a slot corner and then traded him away.

We gave Byron Jones the most money ever at the position at the time and he looked merely average to above average.

We have a recent history of misusing elite talent at DB.

He didn’t want to be on this team
Because we played him out of position and played McCain at FS. Which is exactly what my first comment was about.

I don’t know why people think this staff consists of DB geniuses. We truly messed up with an elite all NFL mainstay player in Minkah. Messed up with the Jones contract. Noah also didn’t play like a first rounder last year, but I am willing to give him more time.

Track record is not good at DB. At all.

Because we played him out of position and played McCain at FS. Which is exactly what my first comment was about.

I don’t know why people think this staff consists of DB geniuses. We truly messed up with an elite all NFL mainstay player in Minkah. Messed up with the Jones contract. Noah also didn’t play like a first rounder last year, but I am willing to give him more time.

Track record is not good at DB. At all.
He played both safety and corner and said he didn’t want to be moved all around and wanted to stick to one position. then he got to Pittsburgh and all of a sudden he had a good year and said he doesn’t mind being moved around the defense in Pittsburgh because they move him around like a chess piece just like Miami used him lol

That is what Flo and Grier are obviously building here.

What we are working with right now

FS Holland
SS Rowe
CB Howard
CB Jones
NB Igbinoghene/Needham

Brandon Jones backups both safeties. McCain may get cut. Noah also backups the boundaries.

This is the makings of an elite secondary folks
Get a ****ing RB.

We once had the top FS in the game and let McCain play the position over him. So we will see.

I do think we have a ton of talent back there. But they have not been played correctly yet.

Losing minkah is pretty much my one and only gripe against Flores so far. But as much as I hated to lose a top FS, he acted like a cry baby. If the coach asks you to do something you do it.

Mentioned McCain might get cut, I'm honestly surprised that didn't happen entering the offseason. It's not that McCain is bad, it's just that the contract is inflated for what he does. But people here were saying Holland profiles over Rowe more.

McCain in not going anywhere, Flores loves him, he may return to Nickel, the secondary looks pretty good.
McCain seems like he'd be a great 'nickel LB' for passing downs. He's not quick enough to cover WRs for any length of time, but he could tackle a ballcarrier 1-1 or cover a zone for about 3 seconds.

McCain seems like he'd be a great 'nickel LB' for passing downs. He's not quick enough to cover WRs for any length of time, but he could tackle a ballcarrier 1-1 or cover a zone for about 3 seconds.
McCain was fine as a nickelback. He's been rather invisible as a deep safety. He's not lapsing and giving up a bunch of plays, but he isn't making much impact either.

That is what Flo and Grier are obviously building here.

What we are working with right now

FS Holland
SS Rowe
CB Howard
CB Jones
NB Igbinoghene/Needham

Brandon Jones backups both safeties. McCain may get cut. Noah also backups the boundaries.

This is the makings of an elite secondary folks
It's almost essential in the division with how Josh Allen slings the ball and bills offense looks. Then you have two young qbs with jets and patriots that could be tough as well

We passed on Jenkins...they better be elite

Good that Holland has 9 picks in 2 years because Byron and Iggy certainly aren't known as ball hawks.

Back
Top Bottom