Ellerbe done for the year... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ellerbe done for the year...

Time for Jenkins and Tripp to get the big boy pants on.

Who should we trade with? Should we get Navarro Bowman or Pat Willis...I think in Madden we could trade a 5th round pick and get one of those guys.

We don't need to make a trade...unless it includes Dion Jordan...I think we have 3 young linebackers that can step in. We can start Jenkins at WLB and move Wheeler back to SLB. We can start Tripp at SLB or we can start McCain at SLB. I would prefer the Jenkins move because Tripp isn't healthy and I like the versatility we have with McCain and I would like to be able to move him around in different formations. Plus Jenkins is in his 2nd season and knows the defense better.

Do the Rams have any good LBers? Could be a fire sale there sooner rather than later...

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

McCain will probably have to practice full time at that SOLB spot, which is a shame because I wanted to see him sub in for Vernon once in a while on passing downs.

Him and wheeler are done after this year, thanks a lot jeff.

On the bright side, hickey came into this offseason needing to overhaul an o-line and seems to have done pretty well. (So far)
Next year we go for linebackers and a true #1 wr.

assuming misis ok i bet this week we get him and trusnick unless wheelers a go and jenkins together and play a lot of zone with the lbs as a result...jenkins is now gonna play every down...mccain in the subpackage to attack the los...trusnick pulled off...wheeler may be every down also

bad matchup with our lbs and those bills backs this week...

Dion Jordan could be part of the answer to the issue move him to OLB instead of De where we are loaded anyway.

So you want Dion Jordan to cut about 20 lbs (which he used steroids to gain), learn to play a position he never played in the preseason and learn all the assignments while not having any contact with the team during his suspension...probably doesn't even have a play book? That sounds like a good move.

The problem is all the guys that filled in yesterday at LB are also some of our best special team guys. We need some more bodies if some of them have to be starters. Sheppard hopefully does that well.

Him and wheeler are done after this year, thanks a lot jeff.

On the bright side, hickey came into this offseason needing to overhaul an o-line and seems to have done pretty well. (So far)
Next year we go for linebackers and a true #1 wr.

Not Ireland's fault they're hurt...it's his fault for signing players that don't necessarily fit the scheme (I see Ellerbe as a 3-4 LB and Wheeler just plain sucks...he can't play in any scheme). Every team has injuries they have to deal with. Most teams lost a player during preseason...ours just lasted a little longer. The important thing for the new linebackers is just playing the run. If we can continue to get pressure on the QB with the front 4 they won't have to cover for long but we need guys that can play sound gap assignment football in the run game, get off blocks and run downhill.

So you want Dion Jordan to cut about 20 lbs (which he used steroids to gain), learn to play a position he never played in the preseason and learn all the assignments while not having any contact with the team during his suspension...probably doesn't even have a play book? That sounds like a good move.

Who said he used steroids? Dion said he was suspended for take a banned stimulant.

Not Ireland's fault they're hurt...it's his fault for signing players that don't necessarily fit the scheme (I see Ellerbe as a 3-4 LB and Wheeler just plain sucks...he can't play in any scheme). Every team has injuries they have to deal with. Most teams lost a player during preseason...ours just lasted a little longer. The important thing for the new linebackers is just playing the run. If we can continue to get pressure on the QB with the front 4 they won't have to cover for long but we need guys that can play sound gap assignment football in the run game, get off blocks and run downhill.

if we can score at a good clip also...that will take a lot of pressure off...at least we havent lost anything yet that changes our fortune...

Sad news but I must say, Jenkins was great. Ran pace with Vereen and covered extremely well. Trusnik did alright and McCain can come in on pass rushing downs. Ellerbe and Wheeler will be gone after this year and replaced with our younger guys. I just hope Wheeler was the one on IR (sorry to say that)

There are conflicting reports whether Ellerbe may get the IR designation where the team can bring him back after six games.

If he's out for the entire season, forget about him coming back next year. The team saves $5.6 million against the cap if it cuts him, and his play to date doesn't justify a $10 million cap figure.

Ellerbe could be done for the Fins in general. Look at his cap number in 2015.

Back
Top Bottom