“Embarrassment of riches” | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“Embarrassment of riches”

dolphinheel

Active Roster
Reaction score
Grier should get the credit he deserves. Now make the right picks

So our best draft decision was drafting a player that fell on our lap because of a video....lol
Yeah, but Dolphins could have passed on him like the team in front did. Like the article says, Miami got three good years of play from him, then the picks he will ultimately bring could help Miami be a championship team.

So I do get the point of the article, but year, wasn't like a shrewd move, he pretty much fell in their lap.

So our best draft decision was drafting a player that fell on our lap because of a video....lol

Another way to look at it . . . quite a few teams DIDN'T pick him as he fell. He "fell on our lap" because other teams were gun-shy. Miami gets credit for seeing the talent and taking the risk

Yeah, but Dolphins could have passed on him like the team in front did. Like the article says, Miami got three good years of play from him, then the picks he will ultimately bring could help Miami be a championship team.

So I do get the point of the article, but year, wasn't like a shrewd move, he pretty much fell in their lap.
Yeah that's what I meant. First we got lucky that he was on the board and then Houston was dumb enough to offer us that trade but hey, we'll see how the team does with those picks cause that's what it'll come down to.

Yeah that's what I meant. First we got lucky that he was on the board and then Houston was dumb enough to offer us that trade but hey, we'll see how the team does with those picks cause that's what it'll come down to.
Too bad O'Brien isn't with an NFL team anymore, we are running out of multiple first and second round picks.

Even a blind pig sometimes finds an acorn.

Tunsil fell in our lap, sure, but I give the FO credit for doing their homework. I remember reading that they somehow knew that something like this could come up for Tunsil and did their homework on it. Preparation + Opportunity = Luck

oh yeah - and pop on over to MM to vote for me. Only shameless plug I'm doing on the main forum (for now)

Last edited:
Well, he had the foresight to move him so I believe that was the reference and did it for such a high cost that the GM who made the deal got crap canned.

Absolutely brilliant series of moves by the Great Grier!

The man is indeed a visionary!

And reportedly damn psychic as well!

Have no fear with the Grier!

:woot:

Back
Top Bottom