“Embarrassment of riches” | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“Embarrassment of riches”

So our best draft decision was drafting a player that fell on our lap because of a video....lol
I always hate the fell in the lap comment. By that logic, mahommes fell in their lap, Brady fell in there lap, etc...

Agree...but that that pig found it and that acorn grew roots.
For those of you not old enough to remember, the same thing happened with Marino. There were rumors he was smoking weed and he fell to us. Rest is history.

not sure what they mean by "riches", I've been told by several experts lately that you don't need 1st round picks to build a Super Bowl team

So our best draft decision was drafting a player that fell on our lap because of a video....lol
This is why we can trade for DW and surround him with quality - our draft record is stellar - what are we waiting for the Jets to counter???

I’m 100 percent out on giving Grier credit for either the selection or the trade. Both were very obvious easy moves.

plus Grier and company blew it when we passed on the offensive lineman the cowboys got when he was FALSELY rumored to be involved w girlfriends Murder.

plus how many obvious qbs did they pass on while choosing garbage players... I mean zero competition for tannehill - Grier has done well w Flores but cmon man! Giving him credit for these moves....nah!

Absolutely brilliant series of moves by the Great Grier!

The man is indeed a visionary!

And reportedly damn psychic as well!

Have no fear with the Grier!

:woot:

Not going to disagree, but I frequently defend Grier when people calim a bad pick is HIS fault. It's not. Grier, by himself makes no picks. And, TBF, Grier can't get credit BY HIMSELF, for a brilliant pick. Credit/blame goes equally to Flo/coaches/scouts.

I’m 100 percent out on giving Grier credit for either the selection or the trade. Both were very obvious easy moves.

plus Grier and company blew it when we passed on the offensive lineman the cowboys got when he was FALSELY rumored to be involved w girlfriends Murder.

plus how many obvious qbs did they pass on while choosing garbage players... I mean zero competition for tannehill - Grier has done well w Flores but cmon man! Giving him credit for these moves....nah!
Didn't he go completely un-drafted?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I always hate the fell in the lap comment. By that logic, mahommes fell in their lap, Brady fell in there lap, etc...
Well, when it comes to Brady every team passed on him at least 5 times including NE so a complete different thing.

Many "experts" had Tunsil as the best player n that draft but he dropped because of the video, hence "he fell on their lap"

(Because of our due diligence) I'm pretty sure I read that we were prepared to take him at #8.

Would that have still been "falling in our laps?"

Then we traded back with Eagles to #13 for Kiko and Maxwell, and Tunsil was still on the board.

That was fortunate, but if you had the conviction to take the player at #8, you ain't passing up on him when he is still there at #13.

No I think our best decision was trading the guy from the gas mask video.
That player has been selected to the pro bowl the last two seasons. Just as Fitzpatrick has been an all pro safety the past two years for the Steelers. So while Grier gets the credit for drafting Tunsil and Fitzpatrick in the first place. I will withhold giving him credit for getting draft picks for trading these two players until he actually drafts players who are comparable in talent.

Getting a lot of draft picks is only valuable if you use those draft picks to select elite talent in the first round. Tunsil and Fitzpatrick were elite talent but so far Jackson still needs to show a lot more and Iggy couldn’t even get on the field last year after struggling early in the season.

We will now just have to wait and see how the players the Dolphins select in the draft next month develop.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky.

The Dolphins have the chance to turn that trade into even more picks.

Back
Top Bottom