Espn Barnwell Has Dolphins Offense Ranked 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Barnwell Has Dolphins Offense Ranked 31

Well if he was being honest and said that he has no clue how good they'll be then noone would read it.......

Most optimistic Dolphin fans foresee a drastic improvement in QB play, a more consistent o-line, and a full year of Drake. Most fans that do not follow the team see an already bad offense that experienced an exodus of high end talent that was replaced by journeyman free agents.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ide-receivers-tight-ends-32-1-2017-nfl-season

this is his list from last year at this time
LA Rams - 29 (finished 1st in scoring o and 10th in yards)
KC - 27 (finished 6th in scoring and 5th in yards)
Lions - 22 (finished 7th in scoring and 13th in yards)
Vikings - 21 (finished 10th in scoring and 11th in yards)
Eagles - 17 (finished 3rd in scoring and 7th in yards and won superbowl)
Miami - 3 (LMAO)

He is basing this on skill position players only, so just WRs, TEs and RBs.

These rankings are attempting to consider a team's skill-position talent without including the impact of the quarterback, offensive line or scheme.

I still think he is undervaluing them, but at least that makes a bit more sense. Stills, Gore and Drake have done enough to make them higher than 31 on the list IMO.

My question to some of these media members is why is Frank Gore's roll so hard for them to understand? So Gore is Ajayi's replacement? That's interesting. It's truly amazing to me that these guys can be so lazy in their research, or even common sense in this case, and they still have jobs. Anybody who watched football or played fantasy football and simply watched the stats should realize Kenyan Drake is our featured back. Gore's roll here is so freakin obvious it amazes me that guys like this don't see it. He's hear to be a veteran in the room and spell Drake from time to time. That's it! Instead we are the 31st ranked offense with a 35 year old featured back, what an idiot.

I will say this and people may not wanna hear it . . . But far too much confidence in Ryan Tannehill and this restructured offensive line around these parts this early in the process.

Hopefully Sitton comes in and dominates, but we always seem to get these guys late when it’s more paychecks and maybe less focus on being the stud we hope he is.

I’m not a big Kilgore fan at all, think we downgraded, although the consistency is what we are seeking which we didn’t have from an uncertain Mike Pouncey.

Davis and Larsen at RG still don’t wow me, despite Davis playing well last year.

The bookends struggled last year often, and hopefully a guy like Sitton fits in and improves the overall play, but I am not overly confident that happens, just hopeful.

And of course Ryan Tannehill. We’ll see man. i completely understand outsiders not having much confidence, hell they didn’t have much pre injury, nearly two years later why should that change.

I also think Amendola is overrated and oft injured and Wilson will need pristine ball placement to see his true potential. If we get the best out of both and they stay healthy, they’ll be better than Landry . . . .but lord is that a big if coming from a durable safety blanket with a big catch radius and solid rac.

What I do like? Parker, Stills, Gore and Drake. The toes tingle if Ryan and this oline works out well

31st does seem harsh. But I haven’t seen the other teams either

He is basing this on skill position players only, so just WRs, TEs and RBs.

I still think he is undervaluing them, but at least that makes a bit more sense. Stills, Gore and Drake have done enough to make them higher than 31 on the list IMO.

Ahh so just weapons?

Yea I can see the 31st ranking, especially after last year and the QB doubt.

Clearly at their best, the skill players are not 31st, but media outlets will continue to factor in the QB play into the equation, and they aren’t lovin Tannehill.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ide-receivers-tight-ends-32-1-2017-nfl-season

this is his list from last year at this time
LA Rams - 29 (finished 1st in scoring o and 10th in yards)
KC - 27 (finished 6th in scoring and 5th in yards)
Lions - 22 (finished 7th in scoring and 13th in yards)
Vikings - 21 (finished 10th in scoring and 11th in yards)
Eagles - 17 (finished 3rd in scoring and 7th in yards and won superbowl)
Miami - 3 (LMAO)

The irony is, Miami's arsenal is certainly better this year than last.

To even discuss Miami's skill position players and not mention the drastic change in QB shows how uninformed this guy is.

To wait until the last sentence to mention Kenyan Drake's name? Then to say he might get squeezed out a bit?

Sometimes it's better to sneak up on people.

I am sure Mike Vrabel is looking at tape of Parker, Stills, Grant, Gesicki, Drake, Gore, Amendola and Wilson and not smiling while doing it.

It's easy to look around the NFL and pick unit's from other teams to be envious about and want to replace our unit with there's. Like Minnesota's LB's, Dallas's OL, Jax's DL. I am not spending too much time day dreaming about swapping our skill position players for Pittsburgh's, LAR or Atlanta's. Not because they aren't stacked (although none possess a TE like MG) but because they're top heavy and it's just not needed.

Last edited:

To even discuss Miami's skill position players and not mention the drastic change in QB shows how uninformed this guy is.

To wait until the last sentence to mention Kenyan Drake's name? Then to say he might get squeezed out a bit?

I am sure Mike Vrabel is looking at tape of Parker, Stills, Grant, Gesicki, Drake, Gore, Amendola and Wilson and not smiling while doing it.

It's easy to look around the NFL and pick unit's from other teams to be envious about and want to replace our unit with there's. Like Minnesota's LB's, Dallas's OL, Jax's DL. I am not spending too much time day dreaming about swapping our skill position players for Pittsburgh's, LAR or Atlanta's. Not because they aren't stacked (although none possess a TE like MG) but because they're top heavy and it's just not needed.

to be fair it is just skill position players which doesn't include Tannehill. In saying that, the same guy had New England at number 1 last year and that's excluding Brady so his opinion is completely worthless to me. I'm not surprised we are ranked lower though, last year you had Ajayi who everyone thought would be a top 5 back. We also had Landry who everyone thought was a top slot receiver and parker who was about to breakout. You also had all these guys who previously played with Tannehill who obviously makes them look better than Cutler does lol. Our team is full of potential, but Tannehill is the x-factor anyways. He's the one that will maximize the skill positions so this list is meaningless to me

to be fair it is just skill position players which doesn't include Tannehill. In saying that, the same guy had New England at number 1 last year and that's excluding Brady so his opinion is completely worthless to me. I'm not surprised we are ranked lower though, last year you had Ajayi who everyone thought would be a top 5 back. We also had Landry who everyone thought was a top slot receiver and parker who was about to breakout. You also had all these guys who previously played with Tannehill who obviously makes them look better than Cutler does lol. Our team is full of potential, but Tannehill is the x-factor anyways. He's the one that will maximize the skill positions so this list is meaningless to me

I get that it's just "arsenal" but it needs to factor into the equation that a lot of our players were downgraded just because of Jay Cutler.

2016 Kenny Stills was no different than 2017 Kenny Stills, the player. The production obviously wasn't there too which I would say, not his fault.

It's easy to look around the NFL and pick unit's from other teams to be envious about and want to replace our unit with there's. Like Minnesota's LB's, Dallas's OL, Jax's DL. I am not spending too much time day dreaming about swapping our skill position players for Pittsburgh's, LAR or Atlanta's.

I will say this . . . .this time last year I felt more comfortable with the skills than I do now.

I thought we had a hands down top 3 WR trio and excited for Ajayi year 3 and Thomas reunited with Gase along with Fasano as the #1 blocking TE in the NFL.

This year not nearly as confident.

Las Vegas is not backing these guys up on these narratives anymore.

The season win total had started out at 5.5 but it's quickly gone to 6.5 or even 7 wins (which I believe is what I saw on Forbes).

And that's saying something because the correlation between Vegas win totals and your previous year's win total (in our case 6) is like 83% or something like that. So basically your Vegas futures win total is going to be whatever your record was last year, within a narrow band (4.5 wins to 11.5 wins), give or take a little, maybe a little reversion to the mean, etc.

Okay, so I started reading, frankly to pick his rankings apart as I do see that many including a better=rated Colts are kind of low hanging fruit.

However, as soon as I saw him say that the Dolphins were "scapegoating" Ajayi to cover up their own problems, I said "**** that uninformed asshole.. I can already see the biases" and tapped out.

Back
Top Bottom