ESPN: Cubs want A-Rod.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Cubs want A-Rod..

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2628823 Lou is pushing hard for it.

We are starting with Carlos Zambrano and that should be a deal breaker for the Yanks. He MUST be involved.

Aramis Ramirez would be a nice second part of the deal. And if you throw him in then maybe the Yanks will be nice enough to take either Wood's or Prior's contract off your hands considering neither can stay healthy and are worthless!

But Zambrano is a must in any deal!

i love arod as a player, but the cubs would be stupid to give up Zambrano and Ramy for him.

Nappy Roots said:
i love arod as a player, but the cubs would be stupid to give up Zambrano and Ramy for him.

why they sucked with Zambrano and Ramirez. They can suck without them. AROD will sell tickets (something the Cubs now have issues with cuase the stadium isn't selling out on "name value" alone). Plus, the current team has done nothing. Time to shake it up and try a new direction.

MikeO said:
why they sucked with Zambrano and Ramirez. They can suck without them. AROD will sell tickets (something the Cubs now have issues with cuase the stadium isn't selling out on "name value" alone). Plus, the current team has done nothing. Time to shake it up and try a new direction.

i agree, they should try something else. but not by trading their best hitter hitter(who is 28) and their best pitcher(who is 25)...

you dont do that. if they do, their dumb.

Nappy Roots said:
i agree, they should try something else. but not by trading their best hitter hitter(who is 28) and their best pitcher(who is 25)...

you dont do that. if they do, their dumb.

well how the hell are you gonna get AROD if you don't part with anything? NY isn't giving a guy who is a .300 hitter, with 100+ runs, with around 40+ HR and 130+ RBI's a year away for nothing??

Not to mention a guy who is a 1st ballot hall of fame player and who will break the MLB home run record.

Your gonna have to part with a few pieces to get him. :shakeno:

MikeO said:
well how the hell are you gonna get AROD if you don't part with anything? NY isn't giving a guy who is a .300 hitter, with 100+ runs, with around 40+ HR and 130+ RBI's a year away for nothing??

Not to mention a guy who is a 1st ballot hall of fame player and who will break the MLB home run record.

Your gonna have to part with a few pieces to get him. :shakeno:

and where did i say any different?

you just cant handle the fact that i wouldnt trade Ramy and Carlos for ARod?

:shakeno:
Nappy Roots said:
and where did i say any different?

you just cant handle the fact that i wouldnt trade Ramy and Carlos for ARod?

they got nobody left with any value!! :sidelol: :sidelol: :shakeno: :shakeno:

If they don't trade 1 or both of them then I don't see AROD going to the Cubs!

MikeO said:

Since when? The games are almost always sold out. Cubs fans are very loyal and will see the team no matter what. They have one of the best fan bases around.

Ramirez AND Zambrano is to much for Arod. I could see Zambrano/Ramirez, a average player, and a decent prospect

UCFinfan86 said:
Ramirez AND Zambrano is to much for Arod. I could see Zambrano/Ramirez, a average player, and a decent prospect

getting a guy like AROD will take more than average playres and prospects. It's going to take proven players

Ray Finkle said:
Since when? The games are almost always sold out. Cubs fans are very loyal and will see the team no matter what. They have one of the best fan bases around.

read the link above in this thread

CUBS aren't selling tickets anymore. Lots of empty seats this year.

For the Cubs, whose management experienced the rare and unnerving sight of empty seats at Wrigley Field this past season, the attraction of Rodriguez is obvious. He would immediately strengthen a lineup in dire need of power. He is normally an accomplished defensive player. And despite his postseason difficulties, he has a career .305 batting average and 464 career home runs in 13 major league seasons.

MikeO said:
getting a guy like AROD will take more than average playres and prospects. It's going to take proven players

Zambrano/Ramirez are allstar players, a decent prospect( i don't know cubs prospects, but proably anyone other then felix pie) and an average player (i can't really think of anyone the cubs have that the yankees would need. They don't need Pierre, Lee is to good to be added with Zambrano/Ramirez and a Propsect)

UCFinfan86 said:
Zambrano/Ramirez are allstar players, a decent prospect( i don't know cubs prospects, but proably anyone other then felix pie) and an average player (i can't really think of anyone the cubs have that the yankees would need. They don't need Pierre, Lee is to good to be added with Zambrano/Ramirez and a Propsect)

I am guessing we will probably take either Wood or Prior and their huge contract off their hands for them, give them payroll relief...but they are gonna have to part with proven things like Zambrano and Ramirez. Not just 1 or the other. Not just average players and prospects.

Ray Finkle said:
No kidding. It's been well publicized that Cubs games have become one of the most difficult ticket to afford. That's the biggest knock that the Cubs fans take. They support the team no matter what, so ownership doesn't have as much incentive to improve the team. Attendance is NOT an issue.

finswin56 said:
No kidding. It's been well publicized that Cubs games have become one of the most difficult ticket to afford. That's the biggest knock that the Cubs fans take. They support the team no matter what, so ownership doesn't have as much incentive to improve the team. Attendance is NOT an issue.

READ THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom