ESPN: Cubs want A-Rod.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN: Cubs want A-Rod..

Here's an interesting deal I had in mind:

Arod for Scott Rolen and Wainwright/Reyes.

Rolen isn't on speaking terms with LaRussa. He's a big right handed bat when healthy and a better 3rd basemen than Arod.

Just a thought.

Ray Finkle said:
Here's an interesting deal I had in mind:

Arod for Scott Rolen and Wainwright/Reyes.

Rolen isn't on speaking terms with LaRussa. He's a big right handed bat when healthy and a better 3rd basemen than Arod.

Just a thought.

Is that enough?? Rolen is 31 and has a history of injuries

UCFinfan86 said:
Is that enough?? Rolen is 31 and has a history of injuries

Arod is 30.

I don't think that if the Yankees trade Arod they're going to get a lot back for him. Definitely not a big time pitcher like a Zambrino and a big bat like Ramirez.

I think the Arod to the Cards trade is pretty even for both teams, and makes sense.

Ray Finkle said:
Arod is 30.

I don't think that if the Yankees trade Arod they're going to get a lot back for him. Definitely not a big time pitcher like a Zambrino and a big bat like Ramirez.

I think the Arod to the Cards trade is pretty even for both teams, and makes sense.

ST.LOUIS is gonna pay both Arod and Pujlos??? I don't see that

I want no part of Rolen and all of those injuries!

AROD could go to LAA tomorrow and we could get Ervin Santana and a prospect. Or Santana and Figgins. Or Santana and Sheilds. That rumor has been out there so much there has to be SOME truth to it.

So, I am guessing any offer from the Cubs would have to beat that.

And AROD for Peavy. Then SD go out and sign Zito. That sounds reasonable and realistic as well.

MikeO said:
AROD could go to LAA tomorrow and we could get Ervin Santana and a prospect. Or Santana and Figgins. Or Santana and Sheilds. That rumor has been out there so much there has to be SOME truth to it.

And AROD for Peavy. Then SD go out and sign Zito. That sounds reasonable and realistic as well.

I thoguht trades couldn't be done until after the playoffs where over

UCFinfan86 said:
I thoguht trades couldn't be done until after the playoffs where over

No you could make a trade right now if you wanted. Most teams don't because they respect the MLB playoffs and because they like to see how the market shapes up (plus wait to see what teams picks up options, what players pick options, who gets declined, ect.). Thing will start to heat up at the general manager meetings in November!

MikeO said:

Like all those Manny rumors last year?

Anyway SD will have to sign Zito first before they can trade Peavy.

If Arod is traded at all he won't go until mid-December, the earliest.

Man I love the mental image of Jake Peavy in pinstripes. But Finkle is right, they'd have to sign Zito before they made that trade.

I'm also not a big fan of the STL trade, but I have heard it mentioned before (Rolen and Wainwright/Reyes). I've also heard Chris Carpenter's name thrown in there as well. If it's just Rolen and one of the pitchers then I think we can get more elsewhere. With Rolen you don't get quite as much offensive production but you get better defense. Then again you don't need as much offense with our surrounding cast. But you do have to deal with injuries. Still, I think we'd find more elsewhere...

Carl Pavano and A-Rod to the Braves for Tim Hudson and Chipper Jones with the Yankees taking on some money. Just trying to throw ideas out there of the type of deal I would look for if I ran the Yankees!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Carl Pavano and A-Rod to the Braves for Tim Hudson and Chipper Jones with the Yankees taking on some money. Just trying to throw ideas out there of the type of deal I would look for if I ran the Yankees!

you would do that?

Hudson was pretty bad last year, and Chipper Jones might on the downside of his career with all these injuries.

personally if I was the yankees, id take my chances with Pavano. ARod is going to out perform Chipper. and you most likely would have to pick up some of the money from ARod if you traded him. so money shouldnt be a concern.

Nappy Roots said:
you would do that?

Hudson was pretty bad last year, and Chipper Jones might on the downside of his career with all these injuries.

personally if I was the yankees, id take my chances with Pavano. ARod is going to out perform Chipper. and you most likely would have to pick up some of the money from ARod if you traded him. so money shouldnt be a concern.

I would do that trade. Hudson battled injury's this year but I think he's proven to be a better pitcher then he was this year and as for Chipper, I'd take a chance on him. He'll come here and do his job. He's low maintenance and a good teammate so I would definitely do this trade even though Chipper's 34!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

Not the type of deal NY wants. Chipper is old and always injured. Hudsen was awful in the NL last year, in the AL he might get destroyed at this stage in his career..

Cashman has said numerous times he wants to get younger. This is the type of deal that NY will avoid I think

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

As a Yankees fan, I'd be EXTREMELY disappointed if they made that trade.

Back
Top Bottom