ESPN ON ACHANE - WHO IS ON DRUGS, ME OR THEM? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN ON ACHANE - WHO IS ON DRUGS, ME OR THEM?

ESPNs projected receiving stats for Achane this year in total. Seems to me he is more likely to do this is one game than one year. Achane is not to be found in their top 5 rookie rushers. They have the 5th place rookie at 300 yards on the ground and 2 TDs:

Running back receiving yards and touchdowns​

1. Jahmyr Gibbs, Detroit Lions: 379 yards, 2 TDs
2. Bijan Robinson, Atlanta Falcons: 376 yards, 2 TDs
3. Zach Charbonnet, Seattle Seahawks: 187 yards, 1 TD
4. Devon Achane, Miami Dolphins: 142 yards, 1 TD
5. Chase Brown, Cincinnati Bengals: 139 yards, 1 TD

I wouldn't put too much stock in espn projections. Its actually quite amazing how wrong they tend to be.

You guys fall in love and glorify players too quickly. There's too many players ahead of him and Tua likes to throw the ball to his receivers.

I've been on this message board 15 years now. I'm used to the overhyping of rookies at this point.

However, i am looking forward to what Achane can bring to the table.

If he sees about 10 snaps a game of those he might get the ball 2-3 times so probably averaging 10-15yds per game and likely 1-3 TDs for the season. He will most likely be the #3 back.

If he sees about 10 snaps a game of those he might get the ball 2-3 times so probably averaging 10-15yds per game and likely 1-3 TDs for the season. He will most likely be the #3 back.
It will start like that for sure but by mid season don't be surprised when achane is the number 1 back getting 10-15 touches a game. They wanted to throw to backs last year and edmonds got those looks unfortunately the kid droped like 3 sure fire tds and was traded.

Yes. Exceptionally well.

Very high football IQ.
Luv ya bro, but you're too far out over the skis.

I have confidence that it won't be a big issue, but you (figuratively) never know if he is "exceptional" until he actually shows it at the NFL level.

I'm all for positivity. I saw the comments, but saying that before seeing it, and stating it as fact is straight disinformation.

I'm not sure how much he'll be on the field. People seem to forget about pass protection which is not going to be a strength for him so that will limit his snaps to some degree. I can’t see him being a number one because of that, even in a RB committee but he'll get snaps for sure and he can make some big plays. Hard to tell at this point thought

I'm not sure how much he'll be on the field. People seem to forget about pass protection which is not going to be a strength for him so that will limit his snaps to some degree. I can’t see him being a number one because of that, even in a RB committee but he'll get snaps for sure and he can make some big plays. Hard to tell at this point thought
I believe that McD will find a way to get Achane and Berrios the ball in space. It’s why he signed them both.

I think some are overstating this aspect, and some are understating it.

He isn't going to stone a free rushing DE. Guess what, eight out of ten backs aren't going to do that either.

On the other hand, he should be plenty quick enough to redirect a stunting LB, or chip on his way out into a route.

You know what will slow up a pass rush?

Tua and Achane making the "hot" read, and torching a defense.

You guys fall in love and glorify players too quickly. There's too many players ahead of him and Tua likes to throw the ball to his receivers.

Well thank God we have you here to serve as the optimism police.

By the way, people are getting excited about Sieler and Wilkins again. You might have to tell them to calm down again and remind everyone that they're not game-changing players.

One reason we didn't have many RB receiving yards last year is because Tua really ignored some wide open guys and always wanted big WR yardage. I really hope he learns to dump it off. You have to be able to take what they give you. I have no memory of who it was or the situation last year, but I was screaming at my TV. The RB would have had thirty yards.

I think Tua will improve this year and we'll get more RB action.

Back
Top Bottom