ESPN Radio Florida on Dolphins......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Radio Florida on Dolphins.........

BlueFin said:
Or maybe Tampa is smokescreening, They have more holes than we do, I don't see them giving away first day picks they can't afford to give away.

what would tampa get by smokescreening that they want a QB and might trade up? that gains them nothing...

Hellion said:
No offense Bluefin,
someone is always "hearing" things but you never hear these reporters quoting Saban. It's all guess work and opinion.

If Saban drafts A.Smith then we'll know he was interested in him.

As far as TB goes Gruden is setting up his camo for the draft IMO, yes they signed Griese but my question is, Is Simms a bust already?

I live in the Tampa area, word is that Simms just hasn't developed, he hasn't looked good in practice.

BlueFin said:
I can't either Dudeman, Gruden is already on the hotseat in Tampa due to some bad personnel moves and two losing seasons in a row, I can't see him giving away that many first day picks for a young QB, but you never know.

I can't either, but if he doesn't care if his job hinges on that one pick, by all means, that's a trade I'd be very agreeable to. In that scenario, it would basically be ripping them off. But if Gruden truly loves either one, like you said, you never know.

then you could take the #5, and trade down again. If somehow either Edwards or Williams are still there at 5, somebody may want to trade up.

arsenal said:
what would tampa get by smokescreening that they want a QB and might trade up? that gains them nothing...

Whether they actually trade up is irrelevent, there is a chance Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers slips to #5, in which case they might get a trade down offer from Arizona or somebody else.........makes perfect sense to me.

fin-atic said:
I love the "we hear" stuff. As intense as Saban has been about keeping things quiet, we are supposed to believe that something that critical just casualy leaks out. Yeah right.

I think all the media, and all the "insiders" are pissed off because Slick Nick isn't giving them anything, so they make up stuff.
:lol: :bravo:

BlueFin said:
Rick Odioso, NFL Insider, reports that he's hearing Saban has looked at AJ Feeley and does not see a quarterback thats going to take him to a Superbowl. He stated that Saban is looking at a Quarterback at #2 if he doesn't trade down.

Alex Smith will be in Miami tommorow for yet another personal workout for Nick Saban.

John Gruden called Alex Smith a "Genius" after working him out, word out of Tampa is Gruden would like to get Rodgers or Smith, even though he recently signed Brian Griese to a big long term deal.

At last, some sanity and common sense from this board. Saban HAS to get a FRANCHISE QB or RB with that #2 pick. The only chance we likely will ever have at a top player... unless we get stupid and stick with Feeley. Then we might blow enough games to get a high pick.

I'm sorry but I have been reading all the trade down junk for too long. We HAVE to get the BPA IMPACT player with that pick.

Dudeman said:
based on the pick value chart, of which is something similar to what Saban will use to determine value, Tampa would have to give up the #5, #36, #71, and #91 to get equal value for the #2 overall.

#2 is worth 2600

#5 is worth 1700, #36 is 540, #71 is 235, and #91 is 136 for a total of 2611.

that means that Tampa would pick #2 overall, then not have a pick till the 4th round...I cant see a trade happening

That sounds good, I'll take that.

bdmagnum said:
I don't know what Saban will do, but I have to believe if TB were to offer us #5, #36 and #91 (leaving #71, a 3rd rounder) for our #2, he would take to fill our many needs.

I would take that in a hot minute and do wheelies all over my apartment. :astro:

I think a QB is the only position that makes sense at that high a pick.However I have said all along that I think Saban wants to trade down.Where there is a will there is a way.

phunwin said:
Odioso...doesn't that mean "stinky" en espanol?

Anyway, here's hoping Rick's report is on target. My (slight) preference is for Rodgers, but if Nick falls in love with Smith, that's fine too.

no, Odioso means "hateful" en español. :)

BlueFin said:
Rick Odioso, NFL Insider, reports that he's hearing Saban has looked at AJ Feeley and does not see a quarterback thats going to take him to a Superbowl. He stated that Saban is looking at a Quarterback at #2 if he doesn't trade down.

Alex Smith will be in Miami tommorow for yet another personal workout for Nick Saban.

John Gruden called Alex Smith a "Genius" after working him out, word out of Tampa is Gruden would like to get Rodgers or Smith, even though he recently signed Brian Griese to a big long term deal.

I have no doubt that Saban wants to go another way at QB. Problem is, this may not be the year to do it. I think Gus beats out AJ this year and we try getting a QB in next years draft or free agency.

BlueFin said:

Interesting.

Has anyone here heard anything about Tampa souring on Simms? He played well at times in the pre-season last year. I know there has been a rumor about them trading him to Cleveland. But the Browns are at No. 3 and can take either Smith or Rodgers if they fall which I think at least one of them will. So that trade doesnt really make any sense. :shakeno: So much damn speculation. It's staring to give me a headache. April 23rd cant come soon enough.

SCall13 said:
I have no doubt that Saban wants to go another way at QB. Problem is, this may not be the year to do it. I think Gus beats out AJ this year and we try getting a QB in next years draft or free agency.

Taking Feeley out of the equation, that would really pain my *** considering we gave up a No. 2 for him. Nice job Rick!! :fire:

Dubfire said:
Interesting.

Has anyone here heard anything about Tampa souring on Simms? He played well at times in the pre-season last year. I know there has been a rumor about them trading him to Cleveland. But the Browns are at No. 3 and can take either Smith or Rodgers if they fall which I think at least one of them will. So that trade doesnt really make any sense. :shakeno: So much damn speculation. It's staring to give me a headache. April 23rd cant come soon enough.

As I said earlier, the word in Tampa is that Gruden has somewhat soured on Simms. Gruden has caught a lot of flak from fans and media here about why Simms is not getting an opportunity, he plainly tells them that they don't see what he sees in practice.......he just hasn't developed.

BlueFin said:
As I said earlier, the word in Tampa is that Gruden has somewhat soured on Simms. Gruden has caught a lot of flak from fans and media here about why Simms is not getting an opportunity, he plainly tells them that they don't see what he sees in practice.......he just hasn't developed.

Really?

I saw Gruden on NFL network a couple months ago and he was praising Simms. Didnt he get hurt this year and Griese took over?

Anyways, I think that they will take Carnell Williams.

Back
Top Bottom