ESPN Radio Florida on Dolphins......... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Radio Florida on Dolphins.........

BlueFin said:
Rick Odioso, NFL Insider, reports that he's hearing Saban has looked at AJ Feeley and does not see a quarterback thats going to take him to a Superbowl. He stated that Saban is looking at a Quarterback at #2 if he doesn't trade down.

Alex Smith will be in Miami tommorow for yet another personal workout for Nick Saban.

John Gruden called Alex Smith a "Genius" after working him out, word out of Tampa is Gruden would like to get Rodgers or Smith, even though he recently signed Brian Griese to a big long term deal.

I know this is just talk, but how would he know what Saban thinks or not? It's not like this ORG is leaking INFO to the media like it use to.

fin-atic said:
I love the "we hear" stuff. As intense as Saban has been about keeping things quiet, we are supposed to believe that something that critical just casualy leaks out. Yeah right.

I think all the media, and all the "insiders" are pissed off because Slick Nick isn't giving them anything, so they make up stuff.

Ain't that the truth!

BlueFin said:
I live in the Tampa area, word is that Simms just hasn't developed, he hasn't looked good in practice.

I went to school in Tampa (USF) and still have several friends in the Hillsborough area. I've spoken to several of them and they say the same thing you do. They want to move up and get one of the 2 QB's.

bfishusi said:
Sometimes a leak is possible because it is purposely leaked. It wouldn't surprise me if Saban had someone "leak" this info so that anyone wanting a QB would have to come through us.

I love all these conpsiracy theories.

Yes, Saban has an inside mole that goes around spreading rumors to the rest of the league. His name is Hodgie Al Zerspielman. He is also known as "flaptop," "minute man," and "two pump chump."

Hes purposely spreading misinformation around the league to mislead teams into dealing their picks to Nick Saban. :lol:

Jnaledu3 said:

Yes, Saban has an inside mole that goes around spreading rumors to the rest of the league. His name is Hodgie Al Zerspielman. He is also known as "flaptop," "minute man," and "two pump chump."

Hes purposely spreading misinformation around the league to mislead teams into dealing their picks to Nick Saban. :lol:

Classic...............:lol:

Jnaledu3 said:

Its not that far out there to think that. In fact many teams do this. It makes logical sense. In fact, I think we have been duped with this same type of strategy.

Jnaledu3 said:

So how is it that hard to believe? I am waiting on your answer.

If we keep totally quiet, then the natural assumption is that we take a RB since we have a gaping hole at that postition. It is well stated that we want to trade down. Not many people want to trade up because they are worried that we will take a RB. So how do you get people to wonder what you will draft? One way is to have small leaks saying that you are leaning towards different players. This puts every other team off balance and wondering who we will take. I am not saying that the whole considering a QB is a consipiracy, but it seems that it at least helps that our options are wide open. Just don't know why you think it is so far fetched. :shakeno:

Or Maybe, just Maybe AJ Feeley really isn't the Super Bowl QB everyone wants to think.

Phinsdude said:
Or Maybe, just Maybe AJ Feeley really isn't the Super Bowl QB everyone wants to think.

Maybe is the key word there.

I wasn't saying Maybe as to say 50/50. I was saying Maybe as an exageration. Please, the guy has the worst Mobility in the NFL. The guy is not that smart. All he has going is that he is tough. I will say that Feeley will not be here next year when his 3 million dollar roster bonus is due.

oh, and his Canon Arm? The guy wants to throw a hail mary, and the ball goes 10 yards, oh I guess it slipped? You can't have that though.

A good friend of mine, a prominent current Miami Dolphin had this to say about Aj Feeley.

"Man, that dude is a Dumb A$$"

Phinsdude said:
I wasn't saying Maybe as to say 50/50. I was saying Maybe as an exageration. Please, the guy has the worst Mobility in the NFL. The guy is not that smart. All he has going is that he is tough. I will say that Feeley will not be here next year when his 3 million dollar roster bonus is due.

I am not sure that he can't be our future QB. My point is that I think it would be wise to give him one more year, but still draft a QB this year in a later round (third) to groom. Take either a WR or RB with the first pick and see what Feeley can do. There are a couple of QBs that will go in the third that have almost as much potential as either of the top two QBs IMO.

Phinsdude said:
oh, and his Canon Arm? The guy wants to throw a hail mary, and the ball goes 10 yards, oh I guess it slipped? You can't have that though.

A good friend of mine, a prominent current Miami Dolphin had this to say about Aj Feeley.

"Man, that dude is a Dumb A$$"

If your friend is right about his intellect, I think we can just about go ahead and welcome Alex Smith to the Miami Dolphins, Nick Saban has certainly figured that out already and will not go into the future with him as our quarterback.

It would also explain why he struggled so badly to learn an offense.

Back
Top Bottom