ESPN Rumor... Spurrier is high on the list | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Rumor... Spurrier is high on the list

It was just on ESPN. Chris Mortenson said Huzuinga (spelled wrong oh well) has always said Spurrier was his one of his favorite coaches, and that if Wanny is released, look for an offer that Spurrier possibly can't resist. Spurrier also has a lot of his family in Florida and likes Florida a lot because of golfing, fishing, etc.

I'm not sold on Spurrier being an NFL coach. RW doesn't really fit his type of RB style and he is a pass first coach. At this point we are NOT a pass first team. Washington has line problems, we have line problems. I'm not sold on him being the answer to our problems. I'm a Florida fan, and a Spurrier fan, but I think his style is better for college.

I also think if he came in, he'd leave the defensive stuff up to Bates. Sure our D puts up nice stats each year but how often do they come through in the clutch? We need to do more on D with different fronts and styles. We run the base defense on every play, then 1 out of 30 plays we blitz and get burned. How about some creativity for once?

Spurrier likes to throw to the RB and I think he is learning more about the NFL. If we could pass, that would make Ricky even more deadly. That would be a good thing.

Spurrier vs. Wanny

I take Wanny

I dont want some Redskin reject in Miami

I think I would back Spurrier... at least for the first year or until he proves he is another idiot like Wanny...

Honestly, I would rather have Wannstedt than Spurrier. I really want to see Wannstedt fired, but I would take anyone over Spurrier. Spurrier's system doesn't work in the pros and I just really don't want him here.

i would take him over wanny.. and yeah he couldnt get it together in washington, but neither has any other head coach since joe gibbs.

Back
Top Bottom