ESPN Rumor... Spurrier is high on the list | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Rumor... Spurrier is high on the list

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
i would take him over wanny.. and yeah he couldnt get it together in washington, but neither has any other head coach since joe gibbs.

Exactly. Who does Spurrier have? He has a nobody QB, an awful O line, no name RB's and one good WR. Our offense CANT get much worse!!!!

Spurrier has the winning drive. SOmething Wanny has NEVER had or will have. Wanny has never been great.

Originally posted by phinfan34

Exactly. Who does Spurrier have? He has a nobody QB, an awful O line, no name RB's and one good WR. Our offense CANT get much worse!!!!

He has 2 good WRs (Coles and Gardner are both pretty good even though Coles is better), and Patrick Ramsey has a strong arm (I think he is still injured though). Also, that defense should be a lot better than it is, but since Spurrier doesn't know **** about defense it hasn't played as well as it should. Spurrier only coaches offense, and he doesn't even do it well. His protection schemes are poor. He doesn't pay attention to detail. Wannstedt and Spurrier are both horrible coaches, we won't go anywhere with Wannstedt, and if we had Spurrier we wouldn't go anywhere either.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

He has 2 good WRs (Coles and Gardner are both pretty good even though Coles is better), and Patrick Ramsey has a strong arm (I think he is still injured though). Also, that defense should be a lot better than it is, but since Spurrier doesn't know **** about defense it hasn't played as well as it should. Spurrier only coaches offense, and he doesn't even do it well. His protection schemes are poor. He doesn't pay attention to detail. Wannstedt and Spurrier are both horrible coaches, we won't go anywhere with Wannstedt, and if we had Spurrier we wouldn't go anywhere either.

Gardner is ok, but not as good as Chambers. Ramsey is still hurt, but he isn't that great anyways. Spurrier doesn't have to know anything about defense.... Spurrier knows how to win when he has weapons.

Originally posted by InMyChambers
I'm not sold on Spurrier being an NFL coach. RW doesn't really fit his type of RB style and he is a pass first coach. At this point we are NOT a pass first team. Washington has line problems, we have line problems. I'm not sold on him being the answer to our problems. I'm a Florida fan, and a Spurrier fan, but I think his style is better for college.

I also think if he came in, he'd leave the defensive stuff up to Bates. Sure our D puts up nice stats each year but how often do they come through in the clutch? We need to do more on D with different fronts and styles. We run the base defense on every play, then 1 out of 30 plays we blitz and get burned. How about some creativity for once?

I have the same doubts as you...but if you are looking for a coach with PASSION, he's the man.

It is my opinion that RW can make it in any system.

Vision,speed,durability, strength and talent, equates to success in any system provided the OL isn't pretending to be an well greased turnstyle.

I know, you can tell Spurrier can get this team pumped tp win. Wanny can't and never has been able to.

Most importantly, Spurrier still has 3 years and $15 million left on his contract. If we were to get Spurrier, we'd be giving up draft picks to do it.

COULD YOU IMAGINE GIVING DANIEL SNYDER DRAFT PICKS AND/OR CASH FOR STEVE SPURRIER?!?!

I sure can't....and won't. I have no interest in Spurrier at this time. And I don't buy that story about him having no offensive talent over there. Simply not true.

Laveranues Coles is better than anyone on our roster. An absolute stud. Rod Gardener is better than any #2 on our roster (technically, we don't have a #2, just #3s). And Darnerian McCants could make our squad as a reserve. Taylor Jacobs is also there preparing for next year.

While his OL sucks, he does have a LT was the #3 overall pick in Chris Samuels (although he's injured now). And Patrick Ramsey is absolutely a good QB. Young stud who's on IR right now. And we saw what Tim Hasselbeck did on one week's notice against us. Spurrier's got QBs.

As for RBs, that's his own fault. He had Stephen Davis and didn't know how to use him. Then he let him go for nothing. Instead he chose to give up a #4 for Trung Candidate. Great tradeoff. :rolleyes:

Oh please...

Can we chill with senseless rumors?? This is not GirlHeaven guys..

Spurrier signed a $25 million FIVE-year contract (the biggest contract ever for an NFL coach).. do you think Snyder wants to pay him $15 million not to coach the team? Get real, spurrier is already talking about what changes he's going to make next year.

What a cheap way of deceiving people by starting your own rumor :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
If Dan Snyder was giving Spurrier away for free and picking up at least half of the salary remaining on his contract, I might take him depending on who else actually is available. He'd definitely be below the likes of Edwards, Green, Cowher, Holmgren, and Saban (the only college coach I would consider), though. I'm not convinced that he is the problem with the Redskins -- my friends who are fans swear the problem is Vinny C.

With all of that said, here is a bullet list of why this won't happen:

- Spurrier would alienate all the FSU and U of Miami fans who are also Dolphin fans. Do you think Fiedler was hated? Hire him, and you'll see hate.

- Snyder would never let Spurrier go for nothing, much less eat some of that salary, no matter how he actually feels about him.

- Snyder is stuck with Spurrier for at least one more year. Otherwise, he is going to look like the George Steinbrenner of football with all the head coach firings. Even if he fires him next year, he'd still likely get that rep.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
Oh please...

Can we chill with senseless rumors?? This is not GirlHeaven guys..

What a cheap way of deceiving people by starting your own rumor :rolleyes:

So Mortensen DID NOT say this on ESPN today?? I didn't see the show.

Originally posted by Muck

So Mortensen DID NOT say this on ESPN today?? I didn't see the show.

Mortenson did say this... let me see if I can find something that says it.

This is the worst nightmare imaginable.....I would hate to see that whining b**** in miami..... This is must be a bad joke from a florida fan

Back
Top Bottom