ESPN Rumor... Spurrier is high on the list | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Rumor... Spurrier is high on the list

As a graduate of FSU I found out I really didn't hate the gators as bad as I thought I did after Spurrier left. The sight of him makes me want to puke.

Spurrier has the winning drive.
The problem with Spurrier is he is unable to deal with the attitudes and personalities of NFL players. And if he is such a motivator, how come the redskins have laid down so much this year. He would be nothing but another mistake.

Hell, why not bring back Jim Mora? I'd love to hear his take on our "playoff" run!

Originally posted by Muck

So Mortensen DID NOT say this on ESPN today?? I didn't see the show.

I saw it and Mortensen said that Spurrier could be a canidate in Miami and that Huizenga has Spurrier high on his list.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

I saw it and Mortensen said that Spurrier could be a canidate in Miami and that Huizenga has Spurrier high on his list.
if this happens we are screwed:rolleyes: i cant understand why wayne would want him?:huh:

Originally posted by Muck
Most importantly, Spurrier still has 3 years and $15 million left on his contract. If we were to get Spurrier, we'd be giving up draft picks to do it.

COULD YOU IMAGINE GIVING DANIEL SNYDER DRAFT PICKS AND/OR CASH FOR STEVE SPURRIER?!?!

I sure can't....and won't.

No need for you to worry about giving up draft picks. The NFL has made a rule that you can no longer give up draft picks for a coach. So it would only be cash and maybe Wayne would pony up for it.

I like Spurrier's passion for the game and his relentless offensive attacking style, but like many have said, I'm not sure that works in the NFL.

Not sure what my reactions would be if this happened, but if it did, Wayne better give him a very short leash.

See, I don't know why everybody questioned it like I would make it up.

Originally posted by ChrisKo

No need for you to worry about giving up draft picks. The NFL has made a rule that you can no longer give up draft picks for a coach. So it would only be cash and maybe Wayne would pony up for it.

That is true. But I just can't see Snyder letting him get away for cash only. He's got plenty of that. I also didn't mention the possibility Spurrier quitting because he said he expects to be back next year.

And even if he did walk away and then try and join the Phins, accusations of tampering would fly.

It's too early to speculate, but it is known that Spurrier is a candidate in the process. Whether it's possible or not is yet to be seen.

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Spurrier vs. Wanny

I take Wanny

I dont want some Redskin reject in Miami

Uhmmm, what does that make of Norv?

Gooo FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Cash may be forbidden also. Cash that could count for your cap would be nice though. No to spurrier. He ran Stephen Davis out and Carolina is a playoff team now. Spurrier is a clown he did not run with DC.
The funny gun will not work in the NFL, rules favor the defense for contact on pass plays. It is fundamentally flawed for use at this level.
Spurrier did what with UF? The guy had the best recruit base in the nation and came up with one championship? He had the SEC's number how often? Spurrier is going to coach SOuth Carlonia when Lou Holtz retires. I called that much myself before he finished the ink on SNyder's deal. His ol' lady has already looked into houses in that area...

Back
Top Bottom