ESPN Rumor... Spurrier is high on the list | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN Rumor... Spurrier is high on the list

Originally posted by phinfan34
Spurrier is a good coach. I can't name more than 2 available coaches who are better at this point.

i can easy...

Dennis Green, Mike Holgrem (most likley), Jim Fassell, and theres a BUNCH of great coordinators looking for HC jobs.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

i can easy...

Dennis Green, Mike Holgrem (most likley), Jim Fassell, and theres a BUNCH of great coordinators looking for HC jobs.
dont forget bill cowher if he is fired. :D

Originally posted by tenndolfan4ever
dont forget bill cowher if he is fired. :D

i'd be a better HC then spurrier.. i don't need 2 years to understand you need balance on both sides of the ball. i also don't need any years to know using 3 different QB in a season is STUPID.

doesn't understand the NFL or wants to be proven right about his system. we're no any team with SP are going to the SB nevermind winning it.

you guys rather have a cast off than Spurrier?? Denny green, Fassel?
they couldnt get it done at their old team in 7+ years.. i know that spurrier has not proven anything as well.. but at least hes fresh, and we havent seen what he could do when all the pieces fall into place.. all im saying is.. keep an open mind.. spurrier could come here and get to the SB, and then you all will be on his nuts.
if i had my choice.. it would be bill cowher.. but thats a long shot in reality.

Originally posted by phinfan34
Ya I know. He didn't say that. He said compensation. Spurrier is not a pansy coach like Wanny or Dennis Green. He won't let the players walk all over him.

No, instead he will let opposing offenses walk all over our defense.

Also, if you guys think our problems with opposing pass rushers were bad now, imagine how bad they would be if Spurrier was our coach.

The thing I saw about Spurrier that soured me on him was the FACT that he had Fred Taylor on his team and the day they played Tennesee for the SEC lead and eventual championship.......Yep, you guessed it..Fred Taylor 16 carries 105 yards (estimate).

If you want Ricky to carry it less than 20 times against the pats in big games.....then Spurrier is your man.........

You still have to run the ball and play defense to win championships....and I don't see a coach that has disdain for both working out for us.

Originally posted by Section126
The thing I saw about Spurrier that soured me on him was the FACT that he had Fred Taylor on his team and the day they played Tennesee for the SEC lead and eventual championship.......Yep, you guessed it..Fred Taylor 16 carries 105 yards (estimate).

If you want Ricky to carry it less than 20 times against the pats in big games.....then Spurrier is your man.........

You still have to run the ball and play defense to win championships....and I don't see a coach that has disdain for both working out for us.
if youre passing game is effective.. than you can carry the ball less than 25 times.. and still be effective.. look at what happened this season.. wanny decided he was going to run ricky no matter what, and invest all his money on the defense.. but that didnt work. did it?
the offense has to have a threat in the passing game, and a threat in a quarterback.. in order to open up the running game..
no team fears fiedler and the dolphins passing game.. thats why ricky gets plugged up every game, and the offense spends a whole 15-20 minutes on the field, wearing out the defense by the end of the season.

Originally posted by Jnaledu3

if youre passing game is effective.. than you can carry the ball less than 25 times.. and still be effective.. look at what happened this season.. wanny decided he was going to run ricky no matter what, and invest all his money on the defense.. but that didnt work. did it?
the offense has to have a threat in the passing game, and a threat in a quarterback.. in order to open up the running game..
no team fears fiedler and the dolphins passing game.. thats why ricky gets plugged up every game, and the offense spends a whole 15-20 minutes on the field, wearing out the defense by the end of the season.

I agree..............

But it is also the case that NO team (strike seasons do not count) has won a superbowl with a RB having less than 250 carries.

Originally posted by Section126

I agree..............

But it is also the case that NO team (strike seasons do not count) has won a superbowl with a RB having less than 250 carries.

trust me.. it doesnt matter who is the head coach next year.. ricky will get plenty of carries.. and with a threat in the passing game.. ricky will be more effective, especially at the end of the season, where they need him to most.

If you want to see how Ricky Williams would be used by Spurrier, look at Stephen Davis in 2002. 207/820/7 doesn't seem too bad for 12 games, but it would still be under-utilization of the best Dolphin on offense. I don't like what this suggests, but I have to admit that it's better than I thought it would be before I looked it up...

Back
Top Bottom