ESPN's Page2 - AFC Predictions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN's Page2 - AFC Predictions

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
For those fans(myself included) who felt that there was a better option in the 2nd round than an oft injured LB, THIS line may come back to haunt us

"The Tites came up with that Oklahoma DB, a monster WR pick in Tyrone Calico, and that RB from Colorado, Chris Brown, who Dub is waffling on. Yeah, he look-did real good running through truck-sized holes, but he's vertical, straight up and down, no body lean; the Tites got one of them in Eddie "Where Ray-Ray At?" George.

Calico is the plain main truth, though, and so is Jevon Kearse. If he can come back to anything like what he was, it may be a Tite turn."

and

"Yep. Tennessee vs. Miami in the AFC title tilt.

Tyrone Calico. Titans in the Super Bowl."

Calico's rep hasn't improved. Reports from Tenn. are that he is incredibly fast with incredibly inconsistent hands. Also he is no more proven than Tolver or Simmons. Given the option to trade either one straight up for Calico, I wouldn't do it.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

want a nice deep ball...watch Mr. Bledsoe 9/21;)

Drew has a nice deep ball...but other than Moulds, he doesn't have any burners either. Cover Moulds deep and you keep Drew limited to the underneath, and thus limit the danger of his arm. Eaiser said than done for sure, but that what they pay those Pro-Bowl DB's to do.

Drew has a nice deep ball...but other than Moulds, he doesn't have any burners either. Cover Moulds deep and you keep Drew limited to the underneath, and thus limit the danger of his arm. Eaiser said than done for sure, but that what they pay those Pro-Bowl DB's to do.
not only that, you have to worry about Henry though...it was his rushing(132 first game, 151 second game) that opened up the pass.

let me state that this is in no way smack...just regular talk between a dolphin and bill fan about gameplanning and personnel

i could of sworn i posted here a couple times, hmm...

I guess Der Fuehrer removed them
You are mistaken... nobody removed anything.
..and the reference to Hitler, is not really funny...

You must be thinking of the posts you placed in this thread:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&postid=265674#post265674

See? it's still there, you were just in the wrong thread :tongue:... no "post Nazi's" on this board.....

No soup for you!

Originally posted by rafael

Calico's rep hasn't improved. Reports from Tenn. are that he is incredibly fast with incredibly inconsistent hands. Also he is no more proven than Tolver or Simmons. Given the option to trade either one straight up for Calico, I wouldn't do it.

I never said to trade them...I said to trade Moore. Big difference.

not only that, you have to worry about Henry though...it was his rushing(132 first game, 151 second game) that opened up the pass.

let me state that this is in no way smack...just regular talk between a dolphin and bill fan about gameplanning and personnel

No smack percieved. And believe me Henry is a concern. But there's a difference between having to worry about one burner going deep, and multiple burners going deep. For an example see the Rams.

I'm not your son..i'm 20 years, not 3 weeks old:tongue:

Griese demands more respect than Fiedler, that's all I'm getting at...Griese has put up good #'s on a consistent basis...and yes, his deep ball is decent....he beat us on a pretty deep ball last year(yes we had a bad defense, but pass defense was pretty good)

Griese has not put up more consistent numbers. He had one great 10 game stretch prior to his injuries and has performed worse than JF since. Also I watched video of camp and when you put BG and JF side by side you see that JF gets rid of the ball quicker. Reports from camp (no personal knowledge) are that JF's arm is stronger. JF is also more mobile. It is possible that Bg may still become the better qb but after comparing them in the same camp it won't be b/c BG is superior physically. (JF is)

Originally posted by WharfRat

You are mistaken... nobody removed anything.
..and the reference to Hitler, is not really funny...

You must be thinking of the posts you placed in this thread:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&postid=265674#post265674

See? it's still there, you were just in the wrong thread :tongue:... no "post Nazi's" on this board.....

No soup for you!

my bad dude...I thought you guys would like the Nazi reference, in reference to Ck's short-lived thread...sorry

bet you've never seen the word "reference" used in the same sentence twice till now!:cool:

I never said to trade them...I said to trade Moore. Big difference.

The difference is that Moore would make our team and Calico wouldn't.

No smack percieved. And believe me Henry is a concern. But there's a difference between having to worry about one burner going deep, and multiple burners going deep. For an example see the Rams.

of course the worries will be less, but all the same, if my team is throwing deep balls at the rate of last year, then something's wrong....I like our ground attack approach.

btw, Bledsoe said he's still going to be bombing it this year.

Griese has not put up more consistent numbers. He had one great 10 game stretch prior to his injuries and has performed worse than JF since. Also I watched video of camp and when you put BG and JF side by side you see that JF gets rid of the ball quicker. Reports from camp (no personal knowledge) are that JF's arm is stronger. JF is also more mobile. It is possible that Bg may still become the better qb but after comparing them in the same camp it won't be b/c BG is superior physically. (JF is)

I never said BG was superior physically, I just said BG is a bigger threat.

Its a question of perception vs. reality. BG is perceived as a threat by the fans b/c his probowl 3 yrs ago, but the stats show that BG throws long less often and less successfully than JF. (over the last two seasons)

CW, I have to disagree, BG didn't impress me in Denver, never has, and I'm not one of the fins who are thrill with him being here. I actually prefer to play Sage as BU than BG. And it's not because BG doesn't know the O as well. Jay is defintely in my mind a bigger threat than BG. He more moble, arm is stronger this year, he's more decisive with his decision making, and he's smarter in my opinion. His guy has found a way to win each year, despite the play of our D, who at the end of last year just killed me. The D has more to prove than our O. When Jay return to the O last year, we scored 24, 21, 17, and 24. That's after not playing for 6 weeks. His guy can run a O. I don't think BG could have done that. I don't think he'll be comfortable in our O until the last 6 games this year. So I'm concerned and hope Jay can last that long. I really want Jay to play the whole year with no injuries.

Its a question of perception vs. reality. BG is perceived as a threat by the fans b/c his probowl 3 yrs ago, but the stats show that BG throws long less often and less successfully than JF. (over the last two seasons)

Griese had games last year of:
334 yds
316 yds
335 yds
293 yds
297 yds
376 yds

Fiedler had one 300 yard game and that was accompanied by 4 ints and a loss

look, all i'm saying is that when teams put 8 in the box and commit to stopping Ricky, the QB has to beat them with his arm, and I think BG provides a bigger threat for that

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

CW, I have to disagree, BG didn't impress me in Denver, never has, and I'm not one of the fins who are thrill with him being here. I actually prefer to play Sage as BU than BG. And it's not because BG doesn't know the O as well. Jay is defintely in my mind a bigger threat than BG. He more moble, arm is stronger this year, he's more decisive with his decision making, and he's smarter in my opinion. His guy has found a way to win each year, despite the play of our D, who at the end of last year just killed me. The D has more to prove than our O. When Jay return to the O last year, we scored 24, 21, 17, and 24. That's after not playing for 6 weeks. His guy can run a O. I don't think BG could have done that. I don't think he'll be comfortable in our O until the last 6 games this year. So I'm concerned and hope Jay can last that long. I really want Jay to play the whole year with no injuries.

no smack here, but Fiedler is already a little nicked up(yes, it's just a measly back spasm) and he's proved he isn't very durable...I'd be extremely surprised if he starts all 16 games

Back
Top Bottom