Griese had games last year of:
334 yds
316 yds
335 yds
293 yds
297 yds
376 yds

Fiedler had one 300 yard game and that was accompanied by 4 ints and a loss

look, all i'm saying is that when teams put 8 in the box and commit to stopping Ricky, the QB has to beat them with his arm, and I think BG provides a bigger threat for that

CW, look at who BG had to throw to last year and who we had, we were hurting at WR, remember we lost both and Jay at the same time and never really recovered. By the time Jay got back, we were playing a conservative O. not even using the TE in the passing game.

Originally posted by rafael

The difference is that Moore would make our team and Calico wouldn't.

EXCELLENT!!! Can you do me a favor and check that crystal ball for the winning lotto numbers and the NASDAQ for the next month?

you can't say that Moore would have made the team any more than I can say Calico would have. All we can do is see what Calico does for the Titans...and if he has better numbers than our #3 reciever, Wanny missed out.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

EXCELLENT!!! Can you do me a favor and check that crystal ball for the winning lotto numbers and the NASDAQ for the next month?

you can't say that Moore would have made the team any more than I can say Calico would have. All we can do is see what Calico does for the Titans...and if he has better numbers than our #3 reciever, Wanny missed out.
i split all winnings/earnings 50/50 with whomever wins;)

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

not only that, you have to worry about Henry though...it was his rushing(132 first game, 151 second game) that opened up the pass.

Actually, it seems it was the passing that opened up the run:

In the first game Henry had only 40 of his 132 yards in the first half.

In the second game he had 56 of his 151 yards in the first half.

So, in the two games combined Henry ran for nearly 2/3 of his yards in the second half of the game.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Actually, it seems it was the passing that opened up the run:

In the first game Henry had only 40 of his 132 yards in the first half.

In the second game he had 56 of his 151 yards in the first half.

So, in the two games combined Henry ran for nearly 2/3 of his yards in the second half of the game.

the first game we used Henry to eat a lot in the second half to eat a lot of clock...the second game we used him in the second half a lot more because the weather got increasingly worse in the second half

not only that, you have to worry about Henry though...it was his rushing(132 first game, 151 second game) that opened up the pass.

let me state that this is in no way smack...just regular talk between a dolphin and bill fan about gameplanning and personnel

I think with you guys trying to run the ball more this season will be an advantage to us..just my opinion, but we'll see.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

I think with you guys trying to run the ball more this season will be an advantage to us..just my opinion, but we'll see.

believe it or not, I agree with you...I think Buffalo moving to a ground attack will help us more against every team but you guys...you guys are very susceptible when faced against a viable vertical passing attack, which Buffalo was last year...everyone else you faced was pretty much short passing game(teams like Pats, Jets, Raiders)...but i'm still very confident because we have the best receiver you will go up against, and he's a Dolphin Killer...Moulds is in better shape then he was last year(as is Henry), and your speed on defense has not improved...can't wait to watch

Griese had games last year of:
334 yds
316 yds
335 yds
293 yds
297 yds
376 yds

Fiedler had one 300 yard game and that was accompanied by 4 ints and a loss

look, all i'm saying is that when teams put 8 in the box and commit to stopping Ricky, the QB has to beat them with his arm, and I think BG provides a bigger threat for that

Yardage is a factor of how often the offense passes. Over the last two years BG has a 6.82 YPA vs. JF who has a 7.12 YPA. BG has more 300 yd games b/c Denver throws more passes than Miami.

Originally posted by rafael

Yardage is a factor of how often the offense passes. Over the last two years BG has a 6.82 YPA vs. JF who has a 7.12 YPA. BG has more 300 yd games b/c Denver throws more passes than Miami.
they throw more passes than Miami cause they don't trust fiedler throwing it that many times

they throw more passes than Miami cause they don't trust fiedler throwing it that many times

Another fine contribution to a thread.

Bravo.

Now you're confusing facts with opinion. Wanny's philosophy has always been more run oriented than Shanahan's. Lack of trust is pure speculation on your part.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Another fine contribution to a thread.

Bravo.
prove me wrong.....Fiedler is inconsistent...he'll have a 200 yds 2 td game one week, and 113 yards 3 ints the next week...If Brian Griese was familiar with the offense, who would you rather have back there?....Griese is somewhat respected by opposing defenses...Jay isn't respected at all

prove me wrong.....Fiedler is inconsistent...he'll have a 200 yds 2 td game one week, and 113 yards 3 ints the next week...If Brian Griese was familiar with the offense, who would you rather have back there?....Griese is somewhat respected by opposing defenses...Jay isn't respected at all

Actually, prior to the injury Jay was quite consistant. But it's undeniable that he plays for a VERY conservative coach.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Its not pure speculation. Do you have any doubt that Moore was going to make the team? This was a lock. Simmons and Tolver have performed better in Miami's camp than Calico has in Tenn. Therefore, Calico would not have been a lock. So yes I can say that Moore was more likely to make the team than Calico. If you want a speculative prediction: Calico will not outperform our 3rd wr. You're on your own with the Lotto ad Nasdaq.

What do you mean: "Prove you wrong"?

You made the statement that Denver's offense passes more than Miami's because Denver trusted Griese more than Miami trusts Fiedler.

You offered no proof whatsoever for this assertion.

And now you want me to lend validity to your claim by "proving you wrong"

This seems backwards to me.

How about this for an idea -

How about backing up the statements that you make?

Prove to us that the Denver FO trusted Griese more, a player they cut, than the Miami FO trusts Fiedler.

Back
Top Bottom