Evan Mathis released | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evan Mathis released

Some team may pay up dont see it being Miami though. If we wanted him we could have made it work earlier think he is out of our price range.

I thought he was 32 initially...34 makes even a two year out here dicey...that said i would love to know he was my starting left guard heading into 2015 especially vs those monster interiors on our schedule

You give me mathis and billy turner at the guards and yeah i will go to war with that

I thought he was 32 initially...34 makes even a two year out here dicey...that said i would love to know he was my starting left guard heading into 2015 especially vs those monster interiors on our schedule

You give me mathis and billy turner at the guards and yeah i will go to war with that

Bday- nov 1, 1981. So technically he's 33... 34 midway into the season. Splitting hairs, I know, but whatever

'Pay the Man' isn't what this is about. This isn't MLB. Actions have consequences. Finding his number and having that fit our cap now and later is what this is about.
However, I'm sure the whole league has anticipated this scenario and many teams have shaped their rosters to compete for this guy's services at this exact moment.
Which team is able to 'win now' and blow up their 2016 cap. I think Miami is missing too many pieces to risk hemmoraging talent in 2016 when the Cap Man comes calling.

I hope we make it work. We could use at least one proven starter at the guard spot.

Bday- nov 1, 1981. So technically he's 33... 34 midway into the season. Splitting hairs, I know, but whatever

Every little bit helps...imo 35 in 2 years and an out sounds a lot better than 36

And maybe its just me but if this move meant i had to let olivier vernon walk as a free agent its not gonna break me...not sure why it would mean it but if it did and the interior oline was an actual strength and not a liability this year i think i would sign for it...cause when it comes to being able to let go resources and replace them with unprovens or the draft the end all deciding factor for your seasons ceiling is the qb anyways...so if im a protect the qb and he will torch you guy which i am with tannehill i would part with something in line for a severe overpayment anyways on the free agent market if i have to

'Pay the Man' isn't what this is about. This isn't MLB. Actions have consequences.

'12: 35
'13: 58
'14: 46

139 in only 3 years. Pay the man his ****ing money and protect our franchise.

We can sign him this year and not be too concerned. However, next year we would likely need to re-structure Wake/Grimes and let go of Jordan, Mitchell, and possibly Misi. We can't forget about Vernon and Miller...both are very important to this team IMO.

Dallas.

Thomas.

If we could land this guy we might actually have some form of depth on the o-line which we haven't had in a long long time

Listen, this might be the best team we've had in years. You go and sign this guy and you solidify the line. THIS is the year to compete. Worry about next year later. Let's get to the playoffs finally.

Mathis is going to get a deal from a team that looks big, but the details show it is very, very modest money.

I will be shocked if that is in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom