Evan Mathis released | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evan Mathis released

Only non-vested players, those with less than 4 years of experience, are eligible for the waiver wire. Vested veterans are cut and free to sign with any team.

Good one, 55!!!!!! I can see the headlines now, Quarterback beheaded!!!!!!!!!!

@Hurry and trade away a 3rd round pick for that guy a few weeks ago :sidelol:

Anything over 5 for a year is silly for a 34 year old guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only question is, "will he be healthy for the playoffs?" Because if he is, win that bidding war. With Mathis we make the playoffs almost certainly.

But if he is injured for the playoffs, it kind of defeats the purpose IMHO.

In case it's not obvious, I'm on the bandwagon with the majority of posters. Biggest problem on the team replaced by an all-pro .... yes please.

Roll out the red carpet and the drop some cash. I don't give a damn what we pay a 34 yr old guard. He's talented, competent and fits our ZBS. We currently have guards that are 25 and younger and it doesn't mean a thing if you don't have the talent to go with it. Main goal should be to protect our QB and Mathis is more than capable.

If we can land two quality players this off season to shore up the middle of our trenches on both sides... :woot:

Really hate to say this, but I don't think we stand much a chance to get him, particularly against a few other teams with more cap room, and other teams with recent playoff trips.

Remember when we didn't have enough cap room for Suh? If they want him, they can figure out how to come up with the cash they think he's worth. I don't know why people get so worked up over the cap. They've always proven more than capable.

Our biggest two needs going into the offseason was LG and RG. We missed out on Collins and didn't draft a OG in the first couple rds of the draft. We can't afford to miss out again. I will be shocked if don't go after him hard. This is an area of concern. Even if they are really high on Dallas Thomas it has to be concerning that we don't have any experience at RG.

I think we will have to overpay for him but I think we get him. What good is a stable of shiny new WRs if the QB doesn't have time to throw the ball. In our division full of great DTs we need good OGs.

Back
Top Bottom