Evan Mathis released | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Evan Mathis released

Sal Capaccio ‏@SalSports
Source: #Bills inquiring what Evan Mathis' expectations are before determining own level of interest. (meaning, money and roll)

all pro level guard (if he doesnt fall apart) 3/4 of the NFL will call him, the other 1/4 (like us) can't afford him

Prediction: if we sign him it'll be because Tannenbaum made it happen. If we don't it'll be because Philbin interfered.

Prediction: Philbin doesn't have the power to interfere with ****.

you want him on a 1 year deal? and i highly doubt its as low as 4

All these two year deals are essentially one year deals. I mean do we feel like we signed Cameron to a 2 year deal? You just eat a couple mil in dead money the following year. I'm saying he gets something in the neighbourhood of 2/10. It's a little less than in Phillym but if he gets 5-6M GTD that's more than double the GTD he had left. Sign him at 3.5 first year fully GTD, then cut him the following year and cough up 1.5-2.5 in dead money. Doesn't negatively affect our cap much.

I mean if I'm choosing between DT depth and a pro-bowl starting guard I'm signing Mathis and cutting Mitchell. Save $3M and this hardly affects our cap at all.

all pro level guard (if he doesnt fall apart) 3/4 of the NFL will call him, the other 1/4 (like us) can't afford him

Why can't the Dolphins afford him, don't they have around 10 million in cap space left for this season?

They can simply front load the contract, yes?

Get him now!!!! I could give a rats ass how much faith we have in Thomas. Go out and get the guy who we know can protect our franchise qb!

Is it too early to ask Suh to re-structure? :d-day: I would pay Mathis 6/7 per year for 2 years. Enough time to develop a tandem of guards for the long-term.

Can't a team put a waiver claim on him? I know they would have to pick up the remainder of his contract, but I thought released players had to clear waivers first.

We need to make Mathis an offer he cannot refuse. Our Guards blow.

Can't a team put a waiver claim on him? I know they would have to pick up the remainder of his contract, but I thought released players had to clear waivers first.

Mathis is a four year plus veteran so he doesn't qualify for waivers. He is now a free agent.

Back
Top Bottom