every magazine predicting phins to finish last | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

every magazine predicting phins to finish last

LOL @ Predictions!

After Marino retired in 1999.. EVERY MAGAZINE OUT THERE HAD US FINISHING LAST FOR 2000!

2000 Season
11-5 First place AFC EAST.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Good.

Let them think that. There are going to be some extremely surprised people, and I can't wait.

Same here, same here. Don't pay any attention to what these 'sports reporters' have to say. Their opinion is worthless when it comes to our team.

As far as predictions, well I have seen enough over the years, let us just say they do not matter all that much. We have seen years where a bottom team have surprised and went deep into the playoffs the following year. Examples, San Diego Carolina, Baltimore. Usually when a team has a sudden rise in wins after a dismal season, the following year the team will have a let down. I would rather see an improvement in play over the long haul. A season where Miami wins 7-10 games and shows a marked improvement in play and execution. Don’t get me wrong, I want Miami to win every game but will settle for being in every game and NOT giving them away as I have seen for the last 3-4 years. I think have a new coaching staff and schemes it will take a 4 to 6 games to start coming together. Miami might lose a couple of these games and affect their record.

jd13 said:
i have now seen 3 magazines (athlons, pfw and street&smiths) and 2 predicted us to go 4-12 and the other predicted us to finish last but didnt give a record...i am not going to sit here and say the dolphins will go 14-2 this year but we sure as hell arent going to be 4-12...no way in hell!!! not with this coaching staff or the players that were brought in or already here...i guess i would rather see us picked last than first...there were a lot of years that we were predicted to go to the super bowl but didnt even win the division...1995 comes to mind...there were 3-4 games last year that we should have won...i think we will go 10-6 this year...i dont know if that will get us in the playoffs because the afc is so stacked...but at least it will be fun to watch the dolphins again...

Any non-dolphin fan will pick Miami to finish last and they should be picked to finish last, it doesn't mean they will but based on last year and the offseason it still appears as if you guys are the 4th team in the tough AFC East.

No way are these magazines going to give us any respect until we go out there and win some games. But what do you expect6? we were a bad team last year,actually we sucked. The problem is, Saban has quietly gone about his business...not much fan fare(if any at all) and that might be one of the reasons as well.

nyjunc said:
Any non-dolphin fan will pick Miami to finish last and they should be picked to finish last, it doesn't mean they will but based on last year and the offseason it still appears as if you guys are the 4th team in the tough AFC East.
Why, based on the offseason, should we be picked to finish last?

The sports media ate crow last year with their prediction of San Diego. So lets hope we make them look bad also. Saban & Co. will just go about doing their jobs and we will see a different team than a 4-12 one

inFINSible said:
Why, based on the offseason, should we be picked to finish last?

You guys have improved and probably improved the most but you also had by far the most room to improve. it's not like you were a game behind Buf for 3 rd, you were 5 games behind 3rd place. Yoiur D has always been overrated and is now again, you have an unsettled QB situation, your OL is still shaky, and who knows what distractions Ricky brings. You'll be better but you won't be 5 games better.

Syra39 said:
The sports media ate crow last year with their prediction of San Diego. So lets hope we make them look bad also. Saban & Co. will just go about doing their jobs and we will see a different team than a 4-12 one

And they ate crow for years picking Miami to go to the SB.

Just Win Baby said:
I'd rather be the underdog than the favorite... everytime we were a favorite to do anything, we never did it.

Yeah,what he said........:lol:

Miami has a lot to prove, if you have the second pick of the draft you know we had a crap team in 2004.
Now it does not mean we are not going to be competitive and break a few hearts.
Remember the Rams and Pats last year.
Miami had alot of talent and no coaching that's changed.
As far as questions on QB we are not alone the Bills and Jets could have problems with theirs.
Losman hasn't started in the NFL and Pennington hasn't played a season without injury.
That's why you play the games.

finsnchips said:
It's hardly suprising...

We were a bad team last year... and whilst we have improved drastically, last year is all they have to go on + we are in a rock hard division.

These magazines also tend to sit on the fence so there will be no 'far out' predictions.

For what it's worth, I also think we will finish last in the division because the Pats, Jets and Bills are all decent teams at the moment.

That's right, although I think this division will be real close, about three games between first and last. It would be hard to say who will be bottom, but i dont think we will be first

Back
Top Bottom