every magazine predicting phins to finish last | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

every magazine predicting phins to finish last

I wouldn't be surprised if we finished last in the AFCE, but to say we'll go 4-12 again is asinine. I can see us getting 7-8 wins and finishing behind the Bills though.

inFINSible said:
Why, based on the offseason, should we be picked to finish last?

Because you are still the worst team in the AFC EAST...It's pretty simple.

We'll see what the Bills do.
Couldn't beat the Steelers second stringers when it counted and you can't blame Bledsoe for that game.

Its not like the Bills don't have major question marks of their own.

to the bills fans that come to this site:WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN TEAM because you have basically a rookie qb. no one to replace pat williams and jonas jennings is in sf...you won 6 games in a row last year but when you had to beat pitt to make the playoffs at home against 2nd stringers you didnt get it done...to the jets fans:you lost to the rams and the only reason you made the playoffs was because the bills choked...granted you had a good showing in the playoffs...i would hope pennington plays every game if you are a jets fan...

ya'll are getting mad for no reason. We finished second ot last last season and you expect reprters to bet we'll beat out buffalo or NYJ in the divison thats just crazy...so to say that the reporters are crazy for saying we'll finish last is crazy on ur part...and even though it'll suck if they're right and we do end up with the first pick in the draft we'll get our Franchise QB Matt Lienart!!!

Based on past track records of many so called experts ( last year for Sports Illustrated Dr. Z picked the Chargers to be dead last in the AFC West, picked the Steelers not to make the playoffs and thought the Patriots would play the Seahawks in the SB ) they all play it safe and base 90% of their picks on the previous year, not on who drafted who or who was picked up where during free agency, so all those so called "expert" are not more informed than most on this M board ( as for thoughts from Bills fan to our standings...Bills starting QB stats so far : Losman 5 Att 3 Comp 1 INT. there's a SB bound QB if I ever saw one...NOT )

nyjunc said:
You guys have improved and probably improved the most but you also had by far the most room to improve. it's not like you were a game behind Buf for 3 rd, you were 5 games behind 3rd place. Yoiur D has always been overrated and is now again, you have an unsettled QB situation, your OL is still shaky, and who knows what distractions Ricky brings. You'll be better but you won't be 5 games better.

You have some points about our team. We have had a good defense for a while, but it was overrated, you guys gotta keep in mind that when ****head was the Head Coach, our defensewas always on the field because of our crappy offense, and so they got tired and started playing,they were ''bent'' and at times they ''broke''. Also The D hasnt made alot of clutch plays in important games when it really counted.The Defense will be better this year, since saban will yuse alot more rotation The D wont tire out.

We wont be really ****y like those writters predicted and e are no way in hell going 19-0 this year. IMO the worst we will do is go 8-8 and we wont be last in the NFL, maybe we will be 3rd in the division though.

Slappy8800 said:
fiedler was the #3 winningest QB while he started....he was a decent QB...

Trent Dilfer won a super bowl..... still he was a crappy QB.

Look, how much time do you really think these magazines put into researching teams, the changes they've made, chances of players exceling in new systems, talent growth of existing players etc. etc.

My bet is on "not much".

They are going to stick with the safe route and pick teams which were already good to still be good and pick some mid road team from last year as their surprise for this year. Bottom line is that if you look at their predictions from any years they're way off on most predictions.

I don't see this team with a 4-12 record with what they've accomplished this offseason.

Hell Wanny being off the sidelines is worth one win on its own.
A new OC that will take the shackles off the offense.
Arguably the best OL coach in the business.
A quality addition to the OL to go with J. James and younger potential talents.
Even if AJ fails and Gus F. is the QB were in better situation than having Fiedler.
Ronnie Brown who could make an immediate impact.
WR is a solid position for us and if we get any more blocking than we did last year these Receivers in the open system will score us points.

Defense has some question marks as well but again, there is a good group of core players there and with the addition of a more aggressive and open D system we may even be better than we have been in the past.

There is a lot to be optimistic on this team about. Enough to know that even if just some of the pieces fall into place that we'll be better than 4-12.

Blah Blah Blah.....Quit whining. Your team will finish last because they are the worst team in the division. Get used to it

I remember 4 years ago before the season started they picked the Patriots to end up in last place in the afc east and for Miami to go to the super bowl. Well we all know what happened. The pats got their first ring. Even the next year they were sceptical about the Pats trying to say it was just a one time deal but they kept on winning. They have a geat coach with a buch of hard working good guys and dont tell me its all Brady because he need the cast around him. Anyway my point is. Dont listen to morons.

Slappy8800 said:
fiedler was the #3 winningest QB while he started....he was a decent QB...

he was not decent, he was only the 3rd winningest becuase of the defense and ricky williams..OUR top defense all those years won the games but that defense went to waste with fiedler at qb

Hammered36 said:
Bills starting QB stats so far : Losman 5 Att 3 Comp 1 INT. there's a SB bound QB if I ever saw one...NOT )

Brett Farves Rookie Season:

0 for 5 two INT's

Year two:

302 for 471 (64.1 %, second highest in his career), 3227 yds, 18 TD, 13 INT's.

Meaningless time in a rookie season means NOTHING.

I be more worried about a QB who was bad on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom