every magazine predicting phins to finish last | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

every magazine predicting phins to finish last

fin13 said:
I guess they'll have to play the games and see what happens.
As a jets fan you shouldn't use the name of Dan in vain...(fake spike)

We got you back w/ the way we abused Dan his last 2 years and then w/ the Mon Night Miracle.

jlfin said:
They have not done their research. Unfortunately that's the state of journalism these days (if you can call it that).

Have you done your homework on the Bills, Jets, and Pats...they're trying to improve from last year too. Plus none of them are installing new O's and D's. We are in the last place mode right now, until we prove we know the O and D well enough to excute it like champs...Stop looking at personnel and coaches and start understanding where they are in terms of knowledge of what they're doing. At this point Saban said they had install 75% of what they intended, and now they're repeating the process, but at a faster rate. The players still say they're learning and making mistakes..and some of those mistakes will carry over into the football season until they're comfortable enough to not just think, but react, based on knowing. So we won't be seeing the phins best ball at the beginning of the year, we may not know what the team is capable until the end of the year, by then, our record may not be that great. Year 2 is a better indications of what we've got.

What a shocker ;)

Honestly, only the Dolphins can prove they won't be 4-12. I'll love them for life, 4-12 or 16-0.

The Dolphins shall return to glory!

SpurzN703 said:
What a shocker ;)

Honestly, only the Dolphins can prove they won't be 4-12. I'll love them for life, 4-12 or 16-0.

The Dolphins shall return to glory!

you took the words right out of my mouth! :D

Guys, seriously. Don't get too bent over this.

First, we haven't proven anything on the field yet. We have improved on paper only. We must prove it on the field.

Secondly, do you really expect these guys to say anything different. How risky is it to predict the same teams finish at the top as do those who finish at the bottom. It takes actual guts to make a bold prediction. It takes a mental acuity beyond that of those writers. I'm not saying those guys don't have abilities, but I'd fall out of my chair if they didn't predict status quo.

Slappy8800 said:
fiedler was the #3 winningest QB while he started....he was a decent QB...

thank you Trent Dilfer for helping make this useless statistic popular

Just Win Baby said:
I'd rather be the underdog than the favorite... everytime we were a favorite to do anything, we never did it.

Same thing when we were supposed to suck also.

MDFINFAN said:
Have you done your homework on the Bills, Jets, and Pats...they're trying to improve from last year too. Plus none of them are installing new O's and D's. We are in the last place mode right now, until we prove we know the O and D well enough to excute it like champs...Stop looking at personnel and coaches and start understanding where they are in terms of knowledge of what they're doing. At this point Saban said they had install 75% of what they intended, and now they're repeating the process, but at a faster rate. The players still say they're learning and making mistakes..and some of those mistakes will carry over into the football season until they're comfortable enough to not just think, but react, based on knowing. So we won't be seeing the phins best ball at the beginning of the year, we may not know what the team is capable until the end of the year, by then, our record may not be that great. Year 2 is a better indications of what we've got.

This is 100% accurate IMO. Look at the Bills last season, they started off terribly 0-4 I believe, but were a much better team at the end of the year than at the start. Saban hopefully will turn out to be a great coach, but he's going to have an adjustment period also to the NFL. Not only do the players have to adjust to the new coaching, the coaches have to adjust to the new players, Linehan does not have one of the top QB's and in some eyes the best all around player in the league on offense this year, Houck has a new group of offensive lineman. It's going to take time for the team to get better. Year 2 is going to be very big for Saban, and hopefully when the team becomes a contender. As much as people are knocking Jp Losman, he's gonna be in the same offensive system for the 2nd year while Feeley is starting a new offensive system once again. I do not know if Feeley has been in Miami all year but I do know Jp Losman has been in Buffalo all offseason preparing himself. This is relevant because i've seen posts that the Bills are not gonna be a good team because of Losman, but as a Dolphan I realize that Jp Losman does not have to do half as much as whoever the Qb the Phins have to win games because like it or not they have a better defense, a more proven RB, who are going to take pressure off of him. It would be great to be relevant and be a playoff contender this season but I just don't think it'll happen, i'll go out on a limb and say that the winner of the Afc East is the only team from the division that'll make the playoffs because there is not gonna be a cupcake game with the teams like say the Afc North has with Cleveland.

DJ don't forget no left tackle and can they stop the run.
Losman is a rook you can study but it ain't the same when you are on the field.
I'm not sold on the Bills, they remind me of Miami with Wanny could not win when they had to.
Maybe they are the best tasting $hit we'll see.

Well, in all reality, we will finish in last this year.

We might even have the same record with the ridiculous schedule we have this year for a team with a 4-12 record.

We'll be a much better team, but it won't show in the record this year. I'll say 6-10 as a slight improvement from last year and nothing earth shattering.

The year after and the year after is when you'll see the effects of the new coaching staff and the change in philosophies IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom