Every Ryan Tannehill throw Preseason Week 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Ryan Tannehill throw Preseason Week 2

Looked pretty good to me protection was good too

After focusing on Albert every snap i'm going to say a lot of the doom and gloom on him this game is overblown. Aside from the snap where the DE timed his jump either just perfectly or a second early he isn't the glaring issue people are making him out to be. I'd like to see him hold his ground a bit more on the bull rush but he stonewalls his man a number of times. Overall a decent performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching that, I can't understand people thinking we need another QB.

The Tannster looked good tonight, although that didn't surprise me. What was surprising was the drops by Landry... and Cameron continues to be a disappointment. It's like we ended up signing an impersonator when compared to who he was in Cleveland.

The Landry drop in the end zone and the Stills 2nd td were great throws. I saw him stare down some wr's, and the one to Landry that he caught is the type of thing that could lead to pick 6's vs good cb's. His pocket awareness looked very much improved, and maybe those drills we heard about in camp have really helped him. Albert looked OK, he wasn't the steaming pile of horse manure that some people in the game thread claimed but something does seem off about him, I'm not too worried about him though, he's a savvy vet and will be serviceable at least.

Some good throws by Tannehill in that video. I also liked that he was using his athleticism some..rolling out of the pocket, his run up the middle that came up just shy of the 1st. When he uses his legs and adds some running plays of his own, that seems to fire him up, which in turn fires the team up. So if he starts running more and incorporates his legs into his game, I'm fine with it..but be smart about it.

Tannehill looked better but still not good enough in my eyes. The line looked horrible against an average Dallas D line and overall the offense just didn't get it done. It was nice to see some signs of life but it just wasn't enough

The only questionable read Tannehill made was the 4th and goal pass to Stills. Otherwise he was great. Should have been 3 TDs if Cameron catches that pass. Nonetheless in a regular season game we take the FG. Offense scored 17 points even with the drop. Not bad.

That looked pretty damn good to me. I don't think Tannehill was the problem in this game. I still think he holds on to the ball too long on many occasions, but I thought he played well.

Great pocket in front for once, people always say he never steps up in the pocket well it is because people are through the guards in 2 seconds. He stepped up well a few times, made some audible calls and went through progressions well.

He did seem to stare some guys down on short routes/short yardage but I feel like that's okay because if you need 3 yards just hit a guy quick.

Got unlucky with drops but never seemed to get flustered, example the Cameron drop the puts a dime on Landry who just didn't get out of his break well. Or after the Landry drop puts a dime on stills IMO last year he doesn't follow up those drops with great TD throws.

Stills had 2 really nice catches. That first bomb to stills was also a thing of beauty.

The only questionable read Tannehill made was the 4th and goal pass to Stills. Otherwise he was great. Should have been 3 TDs if Cameron catches that pass. Nonetheless in a regular season game we take the FG. Offense scored 17 points even with the drop. Not bad.

The throw that Landry caught on the deflection was also rough, and he had plenty of time, but massive improvement from last week in both Tannehill and the OL. Also, the Dallas D is lacking in talent, but Ron Marinelli is a high-quality DC. Anyway, I'll say what I've been saying for Tannehill since late 2014. He's good enough. Unless we see him regress, or unless Miami has a shot to draft D. Watson (doubtful), Miami should be able to build around him.

Back
Top Bottom